Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bet you're sorry you voted for Obama now

El Diablo doesn't mean what he's said. He's just trying to stir up trouble and rile some people. Nobody's that stupid.

Unfortunately you pray that he will fail.

No I don't. I pray for his soul. Because that is the most important thing that he needs. Without an understanding of God and what he wants, Obama will never be able to run the country right. This is why I only vote for Christian candidates.

If Obama fails, it is because he is doing as he pleases instead of what God would like him to do.

President Obama is a Christian. He has proven that he is a man of fine moral character and strong Christian values.

For you to suggest otherwise is hateful and obnoxious.

No, what it is is arrogance, and she has an abundance.

President Obama is a Christian. He has proven that he is a man of fine moral character and strong Christian values.

For you to suggest otherwise is hateful and obnoxious.

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” (Matt 7:15-23)

It's not 'hateful' for me to suggest that he may not be a Christian. (do you even know the definition of 'hate'? Cause you use it as an answer for everything I say. Do you think I 'hate' everybody or something?) I can see anyones fruits and 'know'. This verse tells me so. Some people believe that they are saved and are not. He may call upon the name of Jesus, but does he do his will? I do know that he believes that a woman should be able to choose to abort her unborn baby, or that men should be allowed to marry men, and he feels it is okay to live in a "Robinhood" society. He allows bribery and corruption in Washington, He signs bills with earmarks in them, he isn't careful with the overspending of others money, etc. These issues are not in God's will. He may be saved, but he is mistaken on what God wants from him. I will never judge his salvation. Only God knows his heart and if he is saved or not. I can only judge what I 'see', which is his fruits. If he confessed with his mouth and asked Jesus to save his soul and he has repented, I am glad. I do not know. Sometimes I tend to think that he professes the Christian faith because it is good for his politics. Only God and he knows for sure. Because I don't, I pray for his soul.

Quote-Pattygreen: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits.

It's not 'hateful' for me to suggest that he may not be a Christian.

Well, I know you supported bush and believe he was a christian so let's look at his fruits:

1) MURDER: The blood of the 4000+ soldiers who died in a needless war in Iraq and all the innocent civilians who died is on his hand.

The blood of the 44,000 who die each year from lack of health insurance - a topic he never addressed (oh, I forgot: he said go to the ER).

The blood of those who died in Katrina from his lack of response.

2) LIES: Well, whole books have been written about this subject - the biggies being Iraq, WMD's.

3) BREAKING THE LAW: warrentless wiretapping on american public.

4) BLASPHEMY: Saying God told him to invade Iraq. God would never "tell" anyone to pre-emptively invade a soverign country resulting in needless deaths and with no justification.

bush was a wolf in sheep's clothing. cheney didn't hide behind any sheep's clothing. He was proud to be a wolf (as long as you didn't ask him to personally be involved in killing - he sent other wolves to do that).

patty: "Only God knows his heart and if he is saved or not. I can only judge what I 'see', which is his fruits. If he confessed with his mouth and asked Jesus to save his soul and he has repented, I am glad. I do not know. Sometimes I tend to think that he professes the Christian faith because it is good for his politics. Only God and he knows for sure. Because I don't, I pray for his soul."

If you know this, then why would you declare that he is not a Christian? Why are you judging his faith? You say it is because of the things he does politically that you do not agree with. That does not mean that he is not a Christian even if you believe it to be so. And it is hateful and arrogant and judgemental for you to declare that our President is not a Christian (of the highest order) because you do not know everything and you certainly do not know God's plan, because that is obvious.

Let me ask you how you feel if I say to you: I doubt very seriously that you are a Christian. Your words belie the fact that you claim you are a true believer and are born again. What we can use as proof that you are not a Christian is by reading what you post here at LBT. So patty, you're not a Christian even though you say you are.

bush was a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I have to disagree with you. I think he was a wolf in a jackasses clothing.

patty: "Only God knows his heart and if he is saved or not. I can only judge what I 'see', which is his fruits. If he confessed with his mouth and asked Jesus to save his soul and he has repented, I am glad. I do not know. Sometimes I tend to think that he professes the Christian faith because it is good for his politics. Only God and he knows for sure. Because I don't, I pray for his soul."

If you know this, then why would you declare that he is not a Christian? Why are you judging his faith? You say it is because of the things he does politically that you do not agree with. That does not mean that he is not a Christian even if you believe it to be so. And it is hateful and arrogant and judgemental for you to declare that our President is not a Christian (of the highest order) because you do not know everything and you certainly do not know God's plan, because that is obvious.

Let me ask you how you feel if I say to you: I doubt very seriously that you are a Christian. Your words belie the fact that you claim you are a true believer and are born again. What we can use as proof that you are not a Christian is by reading what you post here at LBT. So patty, you're not a Christian even though you say you are.

It does not bother me that you don't think that I am a Christian. Only God and I know if it's true. Just like only God and Obama know if it's true. I can judge him by his fruits. It is not the things he does politically that I don't agree with that tells me he may not be a Christian, but the things that he does politically that GOD does not agree with that tells me he may not be a Christian. I could agree with anything I choose, but if GOD doesn't agree with it, well, then you have a problem.

You know, maybe I should say it differently. Obama's fruits show me that he is not in line with the word of God on the political issues, therefore, even though he says that he gave His life to Jesus Christ and became a Christian, I question whether it was sincere and true. If it was, then he is making some BIG mistakes as the leader of this country and a Christian before His God. He is out of the will of God. This does not mean that he is not going to be saved, or go to Heaven someday, but that he will be disciplined by God for his decisions that were contrary to God's will on the day of his judgement. Now, if he wasn't sincere or true when He asked Jesus to be his Savior, then He needs to get right with Him.Since only God knows his circumstance, I will pray for him.

Quote-Pattygreen: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits.

It's not 'hateful' for me to suggest that he may not be a Christian.

Well, I know you supported bush and believe he was a christian so let's look at his fruits:

1) MURDER: The blood of the 4000+ soldiers who died in a needless war in Iraq and all the innocent civilians who died is on his hand.

The blood of the 44,000 who die each year from lack of health insurance - a topic he never addressed (oh, I forgot: he said go to the ER).

The blood of those who died in Katrina from his lack of response.

There are millions of people who die each year from cigarette smoke, yet ALL past presidents have not outlawed tobacco sales. Are their deaths on the governments hand?

His lack of response, if any, did not kill anyone.

Obama is a war president as well, will God hold him responsible for the lives of the military men?

2) LIES: Well, whole books have been written about this subject - the biggies being Iraq, WMD's

3) BREAKING THE LAW: warrentless wiretapping on american public.

4) BLASPHEMY: Saying God told him to invade Iraq. God would never "tell" anyone to pre-emptively invade a soverign country resulting in needless deaths and with no justification.

bush was a wolf in sheep's clothing. cheney didn't hide behind any sheep's clothing. He was proud to be a wolf (as long as you didn't ask him to personally be involved in killing - he sent other wolves to do that).

I don't agree with you about Bush. He was a Christian, and by his fruits I know it. The 'fruits' you display are not truths in my eyes.

I don't agree with you about Bush. He was a Christian, and by his fruits I know it. The 'fruits' you display are not truths in my eyes.

Of course they're not truths in your eyes because you've always ignored the facts that don't support your position and promote the lies that do. So what else is new?

patty: "You know, maybe I should say it differently. Obama's fruits show me..."

Yes, patty that is far, far better and more believable than your earlier statement that basically declared that since you're an authority on when someone is deemed a Christian, you can say whether the President is a Christian or not.

Questioning someone's sincerity is a total different animal than what you stated to be true, in an earlier post.

Obama, should take a page from the Bush playbook and pass meaningful reform – screw the Republicans, the Blue Dogs, and anybody else that gets in the way. As Jon Stewart says:

“Democrats will only then have an 18 vote majority in the Senate, which is more than George W. Bush ever had in the Senate when he did whatever the f**k he wanted to do."

He should also can half of his staff. Get rid of the War Hawks (Gates, Clinton, Emanuel, etc.) that are keeping us in these stupid wars, the Wall Street lovers (Geithner, Summers, Bernanke, etc.) that are in bed the banks, and anybody that is holding us back on social issues.

I don’t care if Obama has a second term or not. I voted for him because I wanted change, a REAL progressive in the White House. Instead, we got another Establishment Democrat doing what Establishment Democrats do (which from my perspective is not much more than Republicans do).

I’m so angry:cursing::biggrin::cursing:

Grrrrr

kartman: "I don’t care if Obama has a second term or not. I voted for him because I wanted change, a REAL progressive in the White House. Instead, we got another Establishment Democrat doing what Establishment Democrats do (which from my perspective is not much more than Republicans do)."

My sentiments exactly. I've been giving our new President the benefit of the doubt by saying that he is trying to be fair to everyone, which I believe he is. But that's not getting the job done and things are not moving forward as quickly as we think they can be. AND although we knew he was sympathetic to keeping our military in Afghanistan, it is still very disheartening to know that the thread of war continues to deplete our resources, including our great men and women who serve.

And Cheney keeps getting richer and the obstructionists keep getting away with blocking any kind of move toward a better America. What tha $#&(*@#^$%???

It all makes me want to curse too, kman!