Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here not losing?

I was banded almost a year ago and I am so incredibly discouraged with my outcome. So much in fact I am thinking of having my band removed. I have only lost 35lbs. My total weight loss is supposed to be 121lbs.

I really believe now the band was the wrong choice for me.

Anyone out there with these similar issues? I would love to talk. Or just talk to anyone who has extremely slow weight loss.

Incredibly disappointed.

what is your diet?

how many times do you exercise?

and for how long?

your following all the rules correct!

im sorry for your slow weight loss.

What does your doctor say? How many fills have you had...are you at your sweet spot? Have you gone to any support groups after your surgery?

I am right there with you. I have had my Band 10 months & have only lost 25 pounds. 10 before surgery & 15 after surgery. I only got to my sweet spot in November. I am going in the right direction. I started exercising 4 times a week. I follow the rules. But for some people it does not work as well. I am Insulin Resistant & my doctor thinks that is why I am losing a lot slower. Just had a Blood test to check for other problems. I have an appointment with my surgeon next week. I am thinking of switching to Bypass. But I want to give it more time. Now that I am exercising & at my sweet spot the doctor thinks the weightloss will follow. April 21st will be a year. If I don't see a difference by then I will make a decision. Jen

Count me in -- I feel like my weight problem is just something I will never conquer. I feel like such a pathetic creature reading about all the successes, and never anyone like me. I have thyroid issues and it just doesn't want to come off. I just passed my 9 month mark and am only down about 20 lbs. But I will not give up. And I hope you don't either.

(PS - the 50 lbs lost is from my high weight)

Don't be discouraged! Sit down and really think about what you are doing in your life. Go over the rules.

food journal

Protein First (NOT shakes, why drink calories when you can chew them?)

Water

Excersize

Fills

Doctors, Dieticians

I've spent the last month lying to myself about my eating and such. When I really thought about it I could see I was gravitating toward slider foods just so I could eat more. chips, Cookies, popcorn, Cereal. You can eat a huge quantity of these types of things even at a good restriction. Don't give up. The band is to help you change your eating habits. But you have to help the band too. You can do it!!

PS BayCity: Hi from Midland!

Speaking only for myself - congratulations on losing 35 pounds in a year!! That's wonderful. Sure, we've all done that in past years without a band - but those 35 pounds came back again. With your band and proper restriction, those 35 pounds won't come back and you'll lose more next year. I say hang in there, talk to your doctor and see what the second year brings!

For those insulin resistant (pre diabetes). I was surprised that the doctor on sunday morning on FOX mentioned Alpha Lipoic Acid. I had read up on it and seem to lose better when I make myself take it. These are larger capsules than before and harder to get down and I am terrible about taking pills.

Try adding alpha lipoic acid which helps to control your blood sugar and insulin surges and Omega, both will help you lose better.

Germany makes you get a prescription for it, but here in the U.S. it is sold over the counter in health food stores. Foreign studies can be found online proving that it helps control your blood sugar levels. Not much in the U.S. has been done. Iv been told there is no money in having a study for a drug sold OTC.

Right there with you...read my blogs..this has been an agonizing process...but I refuse to give up and so should you. Talk to your doc about it and get a really good fill that works the way it's supposed to. After a yr for me, and now I'm finally starting to feel the sweet spot.

I have had great success since August, but there was a problem with my last fill, which resulted in an unfill, and two more fills since then. I finally have restriction again but have not lost in over a month.

It doesn't help that I sort of stopped exercising... I also took a "break" and enjoyed steak, bread and other foods during the last few weeks. But I am well restricted once again!

Wow! Thought I was the only one who can't lose weight. I have three friends and a niece who have all done exceptionally well and I have only lost 60 pounds in 19 months. Banded July 12,2007. I have 68 pounds to go before reaching my goal and I thought that I would be there by now.

Flowers - How much Alpha Lipoic Acid do you take?

I try and take two capsules, but they are so large, they get stuck with my band, so Im not the best about taking them.

Every day that goes by and the scales dont move, I have to try and not give up and start cheating with Snacks. I NEED to lose more to get into a cruise dress.

For me its only into 3 weeks with no loss, but thats the first time I just stopping losing when Im trying so darn hard.

o let me tell you ive had the band for two years and i have lost 15 pounds, pathetic right; well if you read the bad reviews that this surgery has you will understand that its thousands of people like my self who never lost weight and have had horrible medical problems. this is not at all what i was hoping for when i had it done but thats just my lapband failure story.