Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Morning tightness

Breakfast has become my most-dreaded meal of the day because it takes so darn long to eat. I'm sitting here waiting for my first couple bites of Cream O' Wheat to pass my stoma. Cream O' Wheat? Seriously, this stuff should go right down. It is day old, reheated, so it's not as smooth as it is at first, but I miss being able to eat food in the mornings without so much concentration and stress.

On the plus side, I'm down another pound. At this rate of a pound every two weeks it's going to take me a long time to finish up this weight loss. Oh well, as long as it's going down and not up, I can deal.

Have a great day, VVs!

Mornings are a bad time for me to eat too, I usually don't eat until after 10am or so. When I first get up, I drink my first glass of Water (16 fl oz - I *try* and drink 4 of those a day) and that's about it. If I get careless, and drink too fast, it actually will feel "stuck" (or at least uncomfortable) for a few seconds.

Hot tea or coffee sounds like a good idea too - I may try that, it may help relax the tightness a bit.

I hear you on the slow weight loss too, SHM . . . It'd be nice to reach my goal weight before Spring, but I'm not counting on it. Like you say, losing slowly is better than not losing at all! :)

Jack, what is "Holy" Shredded Wheat?

I feel the same..........it took me 48 minutes to get my cream o wheat in this morning....I am going to deal with it because I love the restriction!

Yea - I can relate about feeling tight in the morning. Typically, I try to eat Breakfast after I get to work so that I've been up for an hour or so before trying to eat. On my recent vacation, it was difficult to get stuff in because we were always in a hurry. I only get in about 1/2 of a yogurt or oatmeal in 30 minutes if I am very patient...

Nowadays i consider my soy latte breakfast... then have a greek yogurt a few hours later. I don't miss not being able to eat more... I don't feel that hungry, that goodness. dinner s another matter.

I've been tight in the AM too. Lately it's been really bad b/c of my cold, now maybe flu. Today was oh so fun (NOT!).

I try to start off the morning now with really hot tea. Gets some fluids in me, relaxes the band and with a decongestant dose, helps get rid of any other problems I would have otherwise. I'm finding tho, that I'm not much hungry in the morning. Sometimes I'll wake up hungry but by the time I get in the kitchen, not so much. Too, after my tea and all of my meds/supplements, I'm full! Sometimes I'll have a can of low-carb slim fast b/c I'm shaky and need the calories/protein (20 grams!).

I'm always tight in the morning. I usually have a shake with milk and fruit and Protein Powder. That keeps me full until lunch at least. I also drink a cup of hot tea before I start the shake and try to get at least 20 ounces of Water in before lunch.

I have always been a 'coffee first' person...I just gotta have that cup of java before anything else. This is one habit that has served me well as a bandster. So, I am up and have my coffee before I hit the Y. Then once I get to work, I have my breakfast - I'm hungry, and ready to eat. I tried to eat BEFORE I did my workout, but I was too uncomfortable. I keep my Water with me while doing the workout which helps both keep my hydrated, and addresses the desire to have something in my stomach.

Maybe that's why thick oatmeal is not a problem for me to eat - I'm not trying to eat it until about 2 hours after I get up, have had my multiple cups of coffee, and my band is not tight.

You're doing GREAT!!!

I typically arise earlier and take an extra hour or so in the morning to enjoy my coffee, build a fire, catch up on my blessings, and enjoy life.

Breakfast is not a chore, and sometimes just a bite or 2 really IS plenty.

My favorite is the Holy Shredded Wheat. I need the Fiber.

Cheers on your journey.

Jack, sounds like me with the Shredded wheat. Since I've made that my morning ritual - *ahem* other morning rituals are just that once again, like pre-banding. :unsure:

Shiny, I don't eat breaky until I've been up for several hours... already having drank my coffee and a Protein shake w/extra Fiber added along with my Vitamins, etc.

I'm still a bit tight at that point but I can eat a small bowl of my SW in about 20 minutes. Of course by then its a soggy mess so that helps. LOL

I've realized that my band has loosened up a bit and I'm now able to eat a little faster and more difficult foods again. I relished my salad for lunch today. It took five weeks from the fill, but I'm glad I can eat a little more normally now. Just to clarify, I wasn't overfilled, but just maybe a little tighter than I prefer.

Breakfast is getting easier, but I'm still tighter in the early part of the day which is new to me since this fill. I know it's pretty common for bandsters, though.

Thanks for all the comments.

Glad to hear your loosening up there. I'm always struggling a bit right after a fill, but it does relax some after a month or so. But now that I'm at a good restriction I do notice it will tighten up and loosen up during certain periods, or for stress.

??