Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wife Swap - "Undereducated, over-opinionated and overweight."

kiz

I watched Wife Swap its first season, but the shows seemed too scripted and put-on. However, the show last week has hit the news, due to the obnoxious bore of a husband that told the swapped wife that she was ""Undereducated, over-opinionated and overweight." Oh yeah, his wife is a Life Coach and and obesity counselor of sorts. :tt2:

Here are some links to get you started:

(SF Gate news report)

Fowler finds 15 minutes of infamy after TV show

(You Tube ABC report)

Fowler finds 15 minutes of infamy after TV show

(Inside Out Weight Loss web site - his apology)http://renee.personallifemedia.com/2009/02/04/where-i-stand/#comments

(You Tube video of show)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGvngvON_qQ]YouTube - FULL EPISODE: Stephen Fowler Wife Swap 1/5[/ame]

I watched this episode when it was on a few weeks ago. He deserves all the he's getting. It's obvious the show is edited well and they always put extreme opposites together but he and his wife were jerks and that's putting it nicely.

Yeah, for a guy who liked to throw his "superior intelligence" around, he sure was a big dummy when it came to doing this show. I read where he resigned from two boards he set on as fall-out from this show grew. The wife has said he needs counseling.

From what I saw on the You Tube clips, the other family needed help on getting off the junk food and learning healthier eating habits. I really felt sorry for the teenage boy who was so over weight.

Nanook, do you remember if they started eating healthier with the Life Coach mom's help?

I think she attempted to get them eating healthier but I can't remember. I think I remember she had them all go on a walk and of course they suffered. Aren't they the family that had the ATVs and that's how they exercised.

They do this on purpose though, they take people who are total opposites and place them together just for the shits and giggles. The other show similar to this is Trading Spouses but on that one they are each given $50,000 and each told the other family how they were to spend that money. I have no idea how much money the get on Wipe Swap though do you?

Also the "superior" family acted like they were so well to do but they did this for the money even though they pretended they were teaching another family how to live a better lifestyle.

You know, Nanook, the first one or two seasons those shows were on, I watched them, but I thought Wife Swap was more about personal growth, whereas Trading Spouses seemed to be more about confrontation. I'm almost sure the Wife Swap participants didn't get paid in the beginning, but I believe I read once that they changed that, and now they get $20,000 or in that neighborhood. I could be completely wrong about that though.

You're right, the mid-western family were the paint balling/ATV'ing family.

I know someone who went on Wife Swap. She is bat-shit crazy. I'm sure that's why she was picked.

LOL, Mac! I know a few of those types that would be great for the show.

It must have been a hoot watching the show she was on.