Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I messed up today!

Hi Everyone!

I am writing this because as I sit here, I am full of shame and guilt. I am 4 months post op and have been doing well. I've lost about 50 pounds in those 4 months (my stats are not updated).

I work hard to control portions. I measure and bag everything but today I am sad to say that I completely lost control.

My husband went to the grocery store today and purchased a German chocolate cake mix with Coconut Icing and ask if I would make it for him for dessert. Since we haven't had a lot of sweets in the house, I made that cake. I haven't been able to stop eating it. I packed the rest of it up and am sending it with my husband to distribute to his friends at work tomorrow. I told him that I won't make another cake again and not to purchase that garbage again.

But I can't believe how much of it I ate. I completely gave in to old habits.

Tomorrow is a new day and I have to get over this guilt and shame I feel. I realize now that I can't have certain foods around me, not even once in a while.

Thanks for letting me vent so I can put this "indiscretion" behind me.

Don't be hard on yourself! You recognized what you did and OWN it...move on - tomorrow is a new day! I was banded on 10/21 and have fallen off the wagon a couple of times. Isn't it crazy how the junk can slide right down??!!!

Don't beat your self up too much. That is one of the very few down sides of the band. Sweets, junk food all seem to be soft and easy to chew and slide down. I have onlyt been banded since December, but, cake is a downfall.

I think if you don't enjoy yourself ever so often, then you really will hurt yourself in the long run.

Slenda sweetner has a great reciepe for cakes, that would do you good.

My husband is 6' and 162. He can eat his weight and not gain an ounce.

Where I used to eat 1/2 the cake, now I have 1/8 of the slice I did, still get the taste, just not all the guilt.:sneaky:

Don't beat yourself up over it because this is real life. What would you feel about someone else that did this? You would probably think that they had a bad day and you would UNDERSTAND. So, be understanding to yourself. Remove the thought that there are forbidden foods out there. That's way too negative of a thought. Instead PLAN for times like these. If you want to have a piece of cake, look up the calories (that's a show stopper in itself), measure out your portion, and log it in your food journal. You may be hungry later as you have used your calories on something not quite so filling but you will own what you did guilt free. Giving yourself permission to do things like this gives you power over running amok. Trust me, I had to gain this skill. Also, if you're like me and you worry about it being all gone prior to you getting another piece (my mental instability) or you want to go back because it was so very good, cut a piece and put it away. Tell yourself you can have it tomorrow. I usually forget about it. But if you don't follow the instructions above.

Smile, the day is good. You're down 50 pounds. You are a winner not a failure.

Vicki