Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plateaus anyone??

Hey Hotties,

Long time no talk! I hope everyone is doing well. Well, I'm coming to the forum for advice and to see if anyone is going through what I am...it seems that I've hit my first plateau. My appetite has picked back up but I'm still making good food choices. Today for instance, I had coffee and a Protein shake for Breakfast, lunch was egg drop Soup and a couple of crackers. For dinner, I had 3 small chicken wings with NO ranch (Killer I know!) and a small handful of pita chips.

However, I am still stuck at a loss of 16 pounds. I have been stuck for about a little over a week. I have my first fill on 3/3, so I'm hoping it will help, but my morale is just so blahhhhh!!:rose:

I even changed my schedule at work (6-3) so that I can spend time at the gym before picking up our daughters. Hopefully, that'll start to pay off.

I'm feeling amazing and I can see changes in my body, but the scale numbers aren't changing:cursing:

Anyone else going through this??

Hey Hotties,

Long time no talk! I hope everyone is doing well. Well, I'm coming to the forum for advice and to see if anyone is going through what I am...it seems that I've hit my first plateau. My appetite has picked back up but I'm still making good food choices. Today for instance, I had coffee and a Protein shake for Breakfast, lunch was egg drop Soup and a couple of crackers. For dinner, I had 3 small chicken wings with NO ranch (Killer I know!) and a small handful of pita chips.

However, I am still stuck at a loss of 16 pounds. I have been stuck for about a little over a week. I have my first fill on 3/3, so I'm hoping it will help, but my morale is just so blahhhhh!!:rose:

Im right there with you. But you know 16lbs in less than a month is GREAT! I go for my 1st fill on Feb 26th. Just keep doing what you are doing. I think we both have done good so far. They say you should lose 1 to 2 lbs a week. So 16 in a month is awesome. Keep me posted! I'll let you know how my 1st fill goes....

xoxox

Nikki

Im right there with you. But you know 16lbs in less than a month is GREAT! I go for my 1st fill on Feb 26th. Just keep doing what you are doing. I think we both have done good so far. They say you should lose 1 to 2 lbs a week. So 16 in a month is awesome. Keep me posted! I'll let you know how my 1st fill goes....

xoxox

Nikki

Hey girl! I was just wondering about you! I'm glad to hear you are doing well, yes let me know how it goes for sure!!

Good luck!

I'm definitely on a plateau. :tongue2: I've been hovering around 13-17 pounds lost for the last 2 weeks. My first fill is on the 3rd of March so not much longer. I'm making good food choices but have a hard time making due with just three meals a day. I definitely have to snack still or I get STARVING before my next meal which is BAD!:lol:

Hang in there. Not much longer till the fill and even then it may take a while. DON'T GIVE UP!!:tt2:

Hugs

Christy

Hi,

I was stuck at 18 lbs ( banded 1/12/09), but....

I went for my fill on Friday and I am down 5 lbs! What a relief to get that dial moving south on that scale!

I've really started excersising now, as I feel great. Hang in there, it will be 3/3 before you know it!

I to am stuck after lossing about 30lbs. I have tried changing my excerise program and food intake. We gotta keep doing what we are doing and the scale will move again. I am keeping postive thinking here. I guess we are all in the same boat.

I am so happy for you Working Mom that you got your first fill. I am still waiting for mine. I was going to get my first fill today but the insurance company did not get the approval to my doctors office in time before my appointment. Now I have to wait until next week. I hope I get it soon. I would like the scale to move again anytime would be nice. hehehehehe.

Yeah, I am totally plateau-ing...eating all the same things, exercising and following the rules, but the scale is stuck...I begin solids on Friday and am hoping that things get moving when I am not intaking so much sodium.(that's what the doc says anyway!) :thumbup: I lost 20 lbs post op and then nothing!! I could be very well gaining, but I put the scale away! :thumbup:

Kawasaki--my DH lived in Broken Arrow...went to Jenks HS. (He is 10 yrs older than you, so I am sure you don't know him!) :thumbup:

Yep, plateau'd for about a week and a half before the scale moved again. Totally freaked me out. Part of it was my fault. I made some bad food choices and stopped doing a food journal. Apparently, I need the journal.

Someone on my blog (I'm too tired to go look right now) recommended an online journal. I chose fitday.com, though the commercial for the program is getting annoying.

Between getting back on the wagon with good food choices and being concious of my trigger situations, I've lost two more pounds. (Hope they stay lost!)

Guess I just can't get complacent.

Lena

I was told tonight by my doctor to make sure you are eating around 1000 cals per day and change around your excerise program. This will also help move the scale downward. Also you will hit this pleateu about one to two weeks beofre your are due your fill. After the fill (I heard) that is when the real movement begins. I looked at workingmoms post and it sames to be true. I will let you know if my scale moves more in a few days.

Thanks everyone for the support! I have reduced my calorie intake but maintained my Protein and today I stepped on the scale and I was one pound lighter!! Woot woot!! LOL:thumbup:

The weight thing is such a mental game, it's crazy! I'm gonna be optimistic though that it will work out. I'm working out 4 days a week now and I'm feeling good! I can't wait for a fill to see what it does for me since I am doing my part!

Kristilaw - It's a small world, I also went to Jenks HS!! Class of 2000!

Keep your head up everyone and have a great weekend!!

I'm sorry that so many of us have hit the dreaded plateau but I'm comforted too. I've dropped 19 pounds (I had a head start because I had to do the liquid diet for 4 weeks before surgery).

I'm being very careful about food choices. Still nada. I was beginning to freak out and wondered if I should have a bypass.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really pleased with the band but the no losing scared me bad. I get my first fill on March 18. I'll look forward to it if ya'll are having success.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Guess we're in it together.

Hello everyone! I too am at a plateau. I lost around 16 lbs in the first 2 weeks after surgery on 1/21 and have only lost around 2 lbs since. I have started to exercize 4-5 days a week and am definately seeing a difference in my clothes. I am ready to throw the scale out the window though!! It's just not matching the results in my head. The only problem is, I have no restriction!! I am having to diet like mad and I can't wait for my first fill. Hopefully that will do the trick. My Dr is very conservative on fills but I am going to ask him to put in 2cc's. He doesn't put any in to begin with so I think this might be reasonable. Any thoughts??

I had actually gained 2lbs the week before my first fill which was just this past Friday. I was eating anything, and pretty much everything. BAD CHOICES! But I think I was just happy to be able to eat. Now, hopefully I'm over that as I've already lost 4lbs since then and I'm so happy to be back to 4oz of Protein satisfying me. For those of you waiting for your fill, be patient! I'm telling you that the fills really do work!

I had 2cc's already in what the PA thinks is a 10cc band (the surgical report is not in my file yet), and she put in 2 more. Yesterday I thought it was maybe a little too much, but today I'm having a bit of an easier time getting my fluids in so I'm going to hang in there with this 4cc's for a while. I'd love to drop another 20lbs QUICK-then maybe see how it goes from there. I don't have another appointment scheduled until mid May, but she said for me to come in if I feel like I'm eating too much, or too little.... I figure as long as I can get in my shakes and Water, I dont care how much I can eat.