Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maybe, but probably not. I am almost 6 months out and have essentially NO issues, etc ... but even without restriction, beer just hurts, or you have to drink it REALLY slowly and it is : Sip burp burp burp BELCH sip burp burp burp BELCH etc. I don't like soda and haven't tried it. Your safest course is to accept that they won't ever happen, then once you've healed and are rolling along, if you can, it will be a happy surprise. Even if you CAN drink it (and a few do) you won't be able to chug or drink it quickly.

I love beer and miss it, but the plusses outweighed the minuses for me.

Beer is no problem for me to give up or any other alcohol. But I am addicted to my Diet Pepsi so have the same concerns about Pop (or as they say outside of Michigan "soda"). But I'm so ready to get even that monkey off my back. I spend so much money on Diet Pepsi. Today I started to cut back by only drinking 1 per day until I start my Liquid Protein. Then I can have clear, no caffeine pop like diet Vernors until the surgery. Since I start my liquid Protein diet in about 10 days I'm trying to wean myself off the Diet Pepsi before I have to give it up cold turkey. Maybe then I won't get a caffeine headache and it won't be so bad. Isn't that a darn shame that I have to wean myself off Diet Pepsi and I'm so addicted. But I'm READY for this at all costs! Good luck to you!

I am one month post op and I can handle diet coke. I try to take it slow and let it sit open or a bit before I drink it. Several burps do go along with drinking it. I had my first fill today so I am not sure what it will be like after today, I probably will not try for awhile

ok so I agree I was addicted to soda/pop and mtn dew specifically I thought it was a just no after surgery so I am now 3 plus months out and honestly have not even tried to drink it Water is all I drink and without drinking while eating I have a hard time drinking enough of that

Why would you even think of trying to push the envelope and drink carbonated drinks or work around the Doctor's advice? I read about everyone trying to "work around" the guidelines, but I paid $13,700 out of pocket to take off 60 lbs. that I've carried around for 30 years. I wouldn't dream of possibly expanding this new stomach, making way for excess food again. Last time I tried a Sprite, I had to pull the car over and throw up. Why not accept it for part of a new healthy lifestyle and move on. Gotta be committed to make this work for a lifetime.

The paperwork that I received from my surgeon says, "A dilated pouch can occur by consuming carbonated beverages. This can potentially cause a slippage, which is normally corrected through an additional surgery." I read that and I know I won't be drinking any carbonated beverages. Just not willing to take that chance. Becky