Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Starting the Journey

Good Morning...i can't wait to get started, i have done so much research that my brain is starting to feel fat...last thing I need is for something else on my body to feel fat...my story is this. I am 48, BMI 39.5, weight 225. I have not always been overweight, not until after my second child in 1980, reached 200lbs in 1990, joined WW Jan 1990 lost 62 pounds by Nov 1990 and became a lifetime member. I kept 50lbs off for 10 years, then my thyroid went hypo and I have never been the same, I have been on every kind of diet since then...yes even went back to WW countless times, I will loose some then gain it all back and then some. I made the decision to have the lapband procedure done after alot of prayer and study. This is not any easy decision, because I am self pay. I have already spent a huge amount of money on diets, now I'm going to spend another huge amount of money...ON THE LAST DIET I WILL EVER BE ON!!!

Please, share any suggestions, tips, advice, and especially encouragements.

Congrats and welcome! Please think of it a a rewarding life style. I too had researched it for a long time - over a year-.. It was the best decision I ever made. Good luck on you journey!

Thanks Diane...WOW you have done great!! Did you self pay?

No, my insurance finally agreed. First they wanted a 6 month diet but luckily I am a pack rat and have kept copies of all the info when I did Jenny Craig. It went back years showing I would lose and gain it all back. Plus my doctor wrote a letter and stated my high blood pressure, high cholestoral and the fact my sugar just became high. I sent over 100 pages over night to them and in a couple days they approved it. I have Horizon Blue Cross blue shield of NJ. Unfortunately if I was self pay I would not have been able to do it. I am happy to say I am off all my medications and feeling good! I still have an image of myself as very fat. I'm working on that! Sometimes I don't recognize myself in the mirror.

m

Hi Jill, thanks for the suggestion. I hope you are as excited as I am...I don't have a surgery date yet, hope to have one set tomorrow...I am going to the seminar tomorrow, see the surgeon, the nutrionist and the head doc...should only need a couple of blood tests (just had some blood work last week) the surgeon's office sent me all of the paper work to complete before the seminar...and I just got loan approval...it is on like Donkey Kong!!!