Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 10th bandsters - How's it going

I thought the whole experience was fairly easy. I have no gas pain just pain at the port incision site. It is really hard to bend and get up from the chair or bed. I am only using Tylenol every 4 hours. I will do that for at least three days and then I may taper its use and just take it at night. sleeping on my back in not so easy so I may nap today and also go for a walk. I felt well enough to go to my son's basketball game last night. They won!!

Not feeling very hungry and do not feel the band at all.

Hope the rest of you have an easy time. Take care. Jane:thumbup:

Hi Jane

My surgery was a piece of cake, only took 35 minutes. I've been drinking liquids, but like you, I don't really have much of an apetite. My instructions are to have lots of liquids, so I'm going to try to do that, and walk, walk, walk.

Hope to hear from other February 10 bandsters.

Debbie,

Mine is going great. A little sore, but nothing bad. Surgery was about 40 mins, but then spent 5.5 hours in recovery since they could not find a room for me. Ended up kicking a man out of a private room so I could have it! LOL Came home yesterday and although tired, not very hard to go through at this point. Tried some Tomato Soup for lunch and so far so good. No gas pains as I worried about. Dr Wetter is the best and I would recommend him to anyone and everyone. He is a true professional and I am so blessed to have him for my surgeon. One bad thing about the whole thing is the junk you have to drink for the xray! ICK!!! Good thing it was only a few sips. Nothing to drink for 24 hours then to have that be the first thing to pass my lips, well, it was terrible!!! I can not wait to see how we all do. Good luck family of Feb 10!

I was too banded on the 10th. Things are going a lot better now then the past few days. I was told I had a hard time in recovery with nausea. I've never had surgery before, so the pain was a bit high while I was in the hospital, but they gave me some good drugs. The following morning I had to drink the stuff for the x-ray and it didn't all go down like it should have, so I was there for 2 hours. That sucked, all I wanted to do was sleep.< /p>

Hi all Feb 10er's,

Doing well, Started full liquids today so I had an Unjury Protein Shake. Feel full. Not hungry for more at all.

Did I tell you that I had the new Realize C band implanted and the Realize rep was in the OR for my surgery! Cool. Just so they did not take too many pictures!!!!

Did any body else get that type of band?

I was a Febuary 11th bandster. My experience was okay. Maybe i'm just a baby, but it was more painful that I expected. I had a lot of pain at the port site but it is getting better daily. I'm also starting to get really hungry now. I can't wait to see my doctor so that maybe I can be advanced to pureed.< /p>

Hi I was done Feb 10th and the pain in recovery was indescribeable!! And I have had 3 c sections before so I kinda new what i was in for! I vomited 4 times that day and I lived to tell the story (painkillers do not agree with me) even though my surgeon was peaking out! My gas pain is in my chest which at best feels like a rock and at worst stops me from breathing. Not once though have I ever thought "I wished I'd never done this" I dont regret it one bit! Port site is sore of course but recovery and mobility is ultra fast! Its now day 5 and I can sleep on my back or side with a little tiny discomfort. I'm pretty much up and at em just slowly and carefully. Missing and grieving for food badly but I love the restriction and lack of hunger and the gross feeling you get after 2-3 tablespoons of anything no matter how much you love it. I am sooooo looking forward to mushies or pureed on day 14. I have lost 3kg since surgery 5 days ago and thats 8.2kg total (approx 16/18 pounds I think) and I love my new body already. Every second of excrutiating pain was worth it! And I love hearing everyone's stories, keep them coming! I couldnt have done this without all of the great people online supporting me!

Hey all,

I'm a Feb 10th Bandster. I feel more tired today than I have the past couple of days. I'm supposed to go back to work on Tuesday. I haven't really had any problems sleeping at night. I've been sleeping on my side too. My friend asked me if I've been craving anything. I told her at this point I would eat anything. Can't wait til pureed foods. two more days. anyone in so cal?

Hey Joanne, I'm in Van Nuys. I know it's a long way from Long Beach. I think there are quite a few people here from southern California. If you go to the local lap band forum, and then to USA, and to California, you may find others who are in your area.

I'm envious that you can sleep on your side. I haven't been able to so far, but I don't hurt at all today, and I'm not really hungry, but I know what you mean about not being able to wait until pureed food!

Keep in touch!

Debbie

HI Jane!I was banded on FEB 10th also, I was laying next to Jane in the recovery room. Glad your son won his game, I was so tired that night all I did was sleep. Next few days had a lot of gas pains, but was only a bit sore and went to run my swim practice the next 2 days and to a swim meet on Fri, didn't go back to work though I'll go on Tues. I'm having very little if any pain sleeping, walking getting up and down. But on the other hand the eating situation is a totally differnt story. The first 2 meals after surgery I was nauseous after a bite of Jello and sips of broth but since WEDS afternoon I've had no problem at all. I've actually been starving, I started on cottage cheese on Fri because I've been so hungry. I inadvertantly gulped down a drink ( old habits die hard) and Nothing!!!! no restriction, no heaviness in the chest nothing!!!I'm feeling no restriction at all. Any weight I've lost has been due to the pre-op clear liquid only and the fact that I'm struggling to only eat yogurt, poached eggs, broth and Soup. I've stopped adding the protien since I don't need the extra calories since I am able to keep everything down and not be irritated. I feel no difference in my stomach or restriction. I'm hoping it's just a matter of needing to be filled. I wonder if was filled at all during surgery. I definatly can't wait 6 weeks for a fill!!!

I understood the Protein would help with the toning of the skin. Our classes tell us to have about 60 grams a day. I do that with unflavored whey protein added to my meals. Would like to know what others have been told. Thanks.

Blklad, in my nutrition class I was told that women need between 50 to 70 grams of Protein, and men 70 to 90, I think. It's also my understanding that it might help to prevent hair loss, but I could be wrong about that.

Debbie

Hi recovery roomie! Doing well. Back to the gym tomorrow.

The weight is sliding off. Actually feel less short of breath.:rose:

As far as the Protein goes it is important. It repairs and builds tissues including the skin and hair. It is based on our weight and as we lose weight that number can be adjusted. Right now I need 80 grams and that is hard to do based on the volume I can ingest. But I get close and that is OK.

Edited by peachwood

I"m glad ya'll are doing well. Me too except for shoulder pain I think I'll get soft foods next thursday we have to call our special nurse and discuss our progress and she tells us if we can start soft foods. I have a Mardi Gras ball to go to on Saturday and would love to eat some chicken salad ......without the bread. I was banded on the 12th so i am a youngster to ya'll:tt2:

I'm another February 10th bandit. Surgery went well was a bit swollen so had to spend an extra day in the hospital until I could get more Fluid down. Some gas and port pain but all in all it's been a great experience. Still on liquids but doing well, had only 1 day of cravings and hunger so far. Hope all are well and keep that way. Stay in touch!!!!!