Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rancher being sued by illegal immigrants

-- real home-grown Americans --

Please explain this for me. What's a home-grown American? What was it 100 years ago? 200 years ago?

Are we really so set against change that we can't rethink an immigration policy now?

200 years ago, half my ancestry wasn't "home grown", and the other half were dying off.

100 years ago, DH's ancestors were Hawaiian - now they're "home-grown" Americans.

I'm 100% behind the right for defending your home and land, and I 100% agree that immigrants shouldn't sneak in and destroy property.

What I disagree with is the "I am American and you're not" mentality. America is so young and has changed so much over the last couple centuries, I don't understand why people are so set against change now. It won't be created here on LBT, but I do wish that policies regarding immigration would change.

And, for the record, I do hope that this rancher is proven innocent and this case dismissed. His land. Period. And, like Plain says...that's a lot of body burying land to be had.

If he'd really wanted to be evil, he had the opportunity.

I get the impression by reading this thread that folks are veering from the original post - this rancher and the people who are destroying his land - to immigrants as a whole. I don't think we can lump any group of people into categories like "vermin". That, IMO, is disrespectful to folks who do work hard, and didn't have the opportunity to be born here.

There are folks that are scum, stupid, etc...but they don't come marked with a standard "non-American" label.

Please explain this for me. What's a home-grown American? What was it 100 years ago? 200 years ago?

Are we really so set against change that we can't rethink an immigration policy now?

200 years ago, half my ancestry wasn't "home grown", and the other half were dying off.

100 years ago, DH's ancestors were Hawaiian - now they're "home-grown" Americans.

I'm 100% behind the right for defending your home and land, and I 100% agree that immigrants shouldn't sneak in and destroy property.

What I disagree with is the "I am American and you're not" mentality. America is so young and has changed so much over the last couple centuries, I don't understand why people are so set against change now. It won't be created here on LBT, but I do wish that policies regarding immigration would change.

And, for the record, I do hope that this rancher is proven innocent and this case dismissed. His land. Period. And, like Plain says...that's a lot of body burying land to be had.

If he'd really wanted to be evil, he had the opportunity.

I get the impression by reading this thread that folks are veering from the original post - this rancher and the people who are destroying his land - to immigrants as a whole. I don't think we can lump any group of people into categories like "vermin". That, IMO, is disrespectful to folks who do work hard, and didn't have the opportunity to be born here.

There are folks that are scum, stupid, etc...but they don't come marked with a standard "non-American" label.

Sorry, I was being slightly facetious.

I stand 100 percent behind Americans born here (and I do NOT include anchor babies in this mix). I am also 100 percent behind those who come here the legal, legitimate way and become citizens, pay their taxes, and take on the American way rather than trying so hard to make America whatever skank hole they may have left.

What I detest and despise are illegals. I don't care what they come from, I don't care what they're coming to, I don't care their reasons. I understand them, but I don't care. We can't save everybody, nor should we be required to.

Try moving to Mexico and see what happens. The things Mexico expects of us in taking their people, they do NOT do the same for others.

I know my ideas do not appeal to many, but I can't care about that. I came from a border state and saw what they have done to it. I see what they are doing to California. Hell, even though I don't live in a border state now, I see what illegals do as well since I work in a system that deals with them waaaay too often.

If they want to be legal, then be legal. However, they don't. They want to make the good ol' American dollar, send it home, and yes, even mowing lawns and cleaning houses, they become virtual millionaires in their country (this is towards somebody else who mocked that). When they can make here more in a day than they can in a month in Mexico, you're damn tootin' they become very wealthy once they return home.

So yes, I detest illegals and what they are doing to my country. They are NOT Americans, never will be. Those who choose to come here legally and invest in this country, those people are more than welcome.

I hope that clarifies.

That does...thank you...and those are the points that you make that I agree with.

I cringe, though, when I read some of what you write because you do seem to throw out somewhat deragatory sentiments and I think that takes away from the points that you're trying to make.

(I know you don't care about what others think, but kind of like others on the board that we all know and loathe, radical extreme thoughts tend to push even those who agree with you away.)

:thumbup: just my .02

He has the right to call the law when he has a problem. He isn't THE LAW, no matter how remote his little patch of ground is.

im with bjean on this ...

we cant have rednecks running around shooting and kicking people ...its not right.

I love it when Beth references my previous statements without using my name. It makes me feel like we are soul mates sharing a secret language only we can understand.:thumbup:

Now it's "virtual" millionaires:tongue_smilie:

we cant have rednecks running around shooting and kicking people ...its not right.

Then you should never, EVER come to Texas!!

That does...thank you...and those are the points that you make that I agree with.

I cringe, though, when I read some of what you write because you do seem to throw out somewhat deragatory sentiments and I think that takes away from the points that you're trying to make.

(I know you don't care about what others think, but kind of like others on the board that we all know and loathe, radical extreme thoughts tend to push even those who agree with you away.)

:thumbup: just my .02

I know I used words like vermin. Vermin, in the way in which I mean it, refers to animals or insects that are destructive, hard to control, or annoying. I wasn't just tossing it out there for the heck of it. It really had a reason in this thread, and respectfully, I still stand by it.

Shonda, where are you getting this??? I have read NOTHING about him shooting OR kicking anybody!

You may not like or agree with what he did, but interjecting things that never happened does not bolster your argument.

Then you should never, EVER come to Texas!!

aw plain ..

i know im pushing it when i go to home to alabama to visit my family...

but there always respectful of me they put the klan meetings off til im gone..

Devil Dan, we share nothing. I don't know what is in your mental makeup that you thrive on pissing people off or dropping bombs into threads to purposely annoy the masses and get reactions out of people, but rest assured you share nothing with me. I doubt you even share the human race.

I put in "virtual" millionaires because to US they are not millionaires, but back home, they are very wealthy.

Shonda, where are you getting this??? I have read NOTHING about him shooting OR kicking anybody!

You may not like or agree with what he did, but interjecting things that never happened does not bolster your argument.

it was part of the lawsuit he kicked the woman and told her the dog was hungry for buttocks...

aw plain ..

i know im pushing it when i go to home to alabama to visit my family...

but there always respectful of me they put the klan meetings off til im gone..

So your family is in the klan? Interesting...

it was part of the lawsuit he kicked the woman and told her the dog was hungry for buttocks...

So because illegals said it, that makes it TRUE? :thumbup:

HERE A VIDEO THIS LADY IS NOT ON MY SIDE BUT SHE TALKS ABOUT WHAT HE MIGHT HAVE DONE TO THE WOMAN

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKJ0n3P_hyY]YouTube - Illegal is as Illegal does February 09, 2009, 07:33 PM[/ame]