Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What did you eat today, Hotties??

good luck!!! let me know how it goes today. I get my fill on the 26th. I too felt swollen (still do some) at first but it is getting better. still feel bloated alot though...I guess it is normal?

I am at the end phase. I can eat just about anything now. I have been eating chicken, fish, eggs, all types of vegs, potatoes most baked or mash, rice and lots of apple sauce. I eat about 1/4 cup to 1/2 of at least per three things per meal. I have had my first slice of bread today. I had no problems with it all. Of course it was toasted.

I am so jealous, Peanutband!! I tried to eat an open face grilled cheese Thursday night (one slice bread and a slice of lowfat cheese) and the bread stuck like glue. It was not toasted however...but I didn't want toasted bread (lol). I felt like it was all gonna "come back up" so I took a Phenergan (doc prescribed as post op med...never to throw up he said...) and it finally passed. And this is with no fill yet...scarey. Good luck to you!! You look like you are doing great!!!

Hi Teresa,

I hit a plateau already too. II didn't expect that to come so early. I'm consistently eating less than 1,000 calories and haven't lost weight in over a week. I'm sure that my metabolism is slowing way down because I'm not eating enough but it's hard for me to work in enough food because I get full quickly.

I'm so happy with my choice to get the band. I just wish I was having faster results. I feel silly saying that though. It took 10 years to put this weight on. I guess I can wait more than 3 weeks to take it off.

I was on that plateau for at least two weeks, and it's been murder on the old self-esteem. However, I knew part of it was my own fault. I have no willpower, and a few tasty high-carb items were dangled in front of me by the usual suspects --my family of saboteurs. I went for the treats like a shark after seals. (sigh)

I've since started losing again, but it's not easy to get back on the wagon. I know I don't need a fill. I'm still only eating a little bit at a time, and I pay dearly if I eat too fast or big chunks. It's what I put in my mouth that counts, not how much.

Today was a good day:

B: 1 egg-sausage casserole "muffin"

2 coffee with SF creamer

L: 1/2 c whipped turnip deluxe

S: 2 string cheese

D: 1 c. green chili

1 banana

The only thing naughty was the banana. Oh, well. It's better than my grandchildren insisting I share their Valentine's Day fudge. (sigh)

Lena

Lena--do you have a recipe for the egg-sausage casserole muffin?? sounds yummy!

B-CIB (running late!!):)

L-2.6 oz tuna with ygurt,cucumber and Tomato on a ww english muffin

S- (if necessary) Dannon Light and Fit

D- (planned) 1/2 Smart Ones chicken Santa Fe

Lena--do you have a recipe for the egg-sausage casserole muffin?? sounds yummy!

Yep! I have a blog where I post a lot of healthy bandster recipes: Fat Frog Diary.

Here you go! Great for when you're late. Microwave on medium about 1 minute or so. You can change out the meat and/or veggie to make use of leftovers in the fridge.

Sausage-and-cheese Breakfast Cups (Phase 1)

Makes 6 servings

Description

These egg "muffins" make a hearty Breakfast that can be eaten on the run. Make them ahead and warm them in the microwave for a fast and slimming breakfast treat.

Ingredients

4 ounces turkey sausage or crumbled turkey bacon

1/2 green bell pepper, chopped

1/4 onion, chopped

5 large eggs

1 can (12 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained

1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 6-cup nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.

In a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage, pepper, and onion for 5 minutes, or until the sausage is no longer pink. Spoon the mixture into a bowl and cool slightly. Stir in the eggs and mushrooms. Evenly divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with the cheese.

Bake for 20 minutes, or until the egg is set.

Nutritional information

140 calories

9 total fat (3 g sat)

195 mg cholesterol

4 g carbohydrate

12 g Protein

1 g Fiber

400 mg sodium

Thanks for the yummy recipe Lena! I'm going to make some this weekend when I have more free time!

B: FF Yogurt, Black coffee with a scoop of Protein powder

L: Taco salad minus the taco shell...(I think I just wanted the taste of a taco lol)

S: Small piece of beef jerkey, handful of almonds

D: Small piece of roasted chicken (about 3 ounces) and steamed veggies

Got in about 72 ounces of Water today and a whopping 76g of protein!! Yay me! (Tip: I love fruit punch Crystal Lite and mix in Protein bullets with them...you can barely even tell they are there since the Fruit Punch flavor is so intense)

Had a 45 min run/walk session on the treadmill and took my daughter's to their school's skate night...so good exercise day too! :)

Hi all! Hope everyone is doing well!

B: 1/3c. Cottage cheese and a cup of Decaf coffee

L: Egg drop Soup and a couple bites of a small egg roll:blush:

D: I am cooking right now...Grilled shrimp and Whole Wheat Angel hair Pasta with a small bit of Alfredo sauce ( I know Pasta is a bad choice but I haven't gotten in enough calories today)

S: SF Jello pudding if I need it

Since my fill yesterday I already dropped 1.5 lbs!! Looks like it's working...haven't noticed a change in my eating except in the volume. I can still eat almost anything:thumbup: The only thing I haven't tried is steak...afraid it will be too tough and chewy.

About to work out after dinner for about 30 minutes on the treadmill and a goal of 20 minutes on the elliptical....we'll see how it goes :confused:

Got my fill last Thursday and it was like pulling the brakes on a runaway semi. I CANNOT eat bread...at all in any form. Anything rough gets "hung" but eventually goes down. I got 2.5cc in a 10cc band. Everything I eat goes down very slowly. Think I have lost another pound or two...my home scales are pretty accurate but they weigh me 6 pounds lighter than the nice one in the Bariatric office. I lke my weight at home better:blush:. I am keeping a food diary because I was getting too few calories and not enough Calcium. Sample day of my menu:

breakfast: 1-2 small eggs boiled or scrambled in Pam or a yogurt

lunch: 1/2 cup Healthy Request Sirloin Burger Soup with a serving of baked crackers. Sometimes a fruit cup or a pudding if still feel hungry.

supper: the other half of whatever I had for lunch or tuna and crackers with a veggie of some kind. Have not found a veggie that I can't digest, even after the adjustment.

I really need some help on the menus...lol...I like to eat but not much of a Bobby Flay...:) But don't regret the surgery for one second...even when I am choking down toast. Any good menu choices out there for a novice chef???

I everyone. Seems like everyone is doing well. I'm pretty boring with my eating. Usually I eat 1 envelope of instant oatmeal cooked with Water and then about 1/4 cup of skim milk added to it with a little Splenda brown sugar blend or I have 1/2 cup egg beaters soft scrambled with Morning Star Sausage crumbles and a slice of 2% cheese melted on it. For lunch/dinner I usually have salmon patties or oven baked fish or a boca or morning star veggie patty with vinegar green Beans. I had my first salad today and that tasted great with non fat ranch dressing. I also usually have an evening snack consisting of sugar free Jello, a non fat yogurt and a sugar free/low fat pudding cup (helps to get my Calcium in as I don't like to drink milk). I've made a good chicken/black bean Soup (recipe is on the recipe thread) which I really enjoy as well. I bought some tofu noodles and tried those but decided they aren't for me. It's great to read what others are eating to get ideas. Thanks. Linda

Yesterday...

B: Cup of coffee and a half of an orange, 1/2c Cottage cheese

S: Handful of almonds

L: Few bites of grilled chicken, few bites of corn and couple bites of my best friend's grilled tilapia

D: 1/2 slice of Chuck E cheese pizza :thumbup:(at a birthday party with my daughters) small salad, iced tea...skipped the cake though :)

45 walk/jog session on the treadmill!

Weekday menu:

AM Medifast Cappuccino

B Medifast Oatmeal or

Cottage cheese

L Snickers Marathon Protein Bar

S String cheese or yogurt

D roast chicken 3-4oz

broccoli and .25c mashed potatoes.

If I need more Protein at the end of the day I'll add a bullet to my crystal light.

I have a problem with bread and rice. Even wild rice tends to get stuck. Anyone else with similar findings?

I am so jealous, Peanutband!! I tried to eat an open face grilled cheese Thursday night (one slice bread and a slice of lowfat cheese) and the bread stuck like glue. It was not toasted however...but I didn't want toasted bread (lol). I felt like it was all gonna "come back up" so I took a Phenergan (doc prescribed as post op med...never to throw up he said...) and it finally passed. And this is with no fill yet...scarey. Good luck to you!! You look like you are doing great!!!

I am so sorry you had problems with bread. I feel for you and I know you must have been really scared, for I know I would have been. I hope to be able to continue to eat toast after my next fill. Thanks and good luck to you too...I am trying really hard to make this work. Just like everyone else. How are you doing now.

Tried a tuna melt yesterday. I even toasted the bread, but it was a no go.

Found I could eat the tuna with crackers okay, though.

Today:

B:Hard boiled egg, 1/4C blueberries, string cheese

L:Hormel microwavable Santa Fe Beans and rice

S:Ten almonds

D:Homemade tacos and refried (low fat) black Beans

Like most of y'all, I can't eat much bread or starches. Toast would be out of the question. I can have maybe 1/4 cup of grits if I eat it very, very slowly. Then all that starch sits like a lead balloon just above my band. Blech! Not worth it for me.

Breakfast:

2 cups of coffee with 2 T each SF liquid Creamer

2 deviled eggs, eaten at my desk over the next two hours

Lunch:

1/4 lb ground beef patty, served with a deglazing sauce.

1 slice of cheese like pepper jack or colby

16 oz Crystal Light

Dinner:

3-4 oz Cornish game hen, roasted (I gave the rest to my roomie.)

Dessert: 1 oz diet cheesecake

Late Night Snack:

1 pc. string cheese

1 cup Decaf coffee with 2 T SF liquid creamer

I'd planned a spinach salad to go with the hen for dinner, but I couldn't bear to even make myself a bowl, I was so full.

Total Calories: 851

Total Carbs: 18

Total Proteins: 57