Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 16th bandsters?

Congrats Shelly I know you will make your goal by Wednesday!! I have my EGD tomorrow to find out why I still have left shoulder pain. Wish me luck! Also I weighed myself this morning and the scale finally moved down a little!! I really want to lose 20lbs by the 4th of July and I hope once they find out whats going on with my shoulder maybe I can get back on the horse again. I hope everyone is doing well.

Good job girl!! Do you think the shoulder pain is related to your surgery? Let me know what they find out! I'm hoping it is something easy to fix! :Banane01:

I have had an odd pain on my left side lately, but it feels like it is in between my ribs. Ya know when you get a stitch in your side, and you stretch and it goes away? Kind of like that, but I know it's deeper inside my body, cuz stretching doesn't make a difference. It is just kind of always there. Really odd. :purplebananna:

Hugs,

Hey everyone! So I finally got my 3rd fill yesterday. They added 1.25 ccs so now I have a total of 6.25 ccs in my 10 cc band. I'm really feeling the restriction now! Water- I have to drink really slow or it comes up. I'm loving it! Also I've lost another 3lbs so that's always good! I'm excited again!

hi ladies, just thought i'd check in and see how everyone's doing? I hope you're having better luck than me. I'm headed for my 3rd fill on saturday, and i can't wait!!! after my last fill 6 weeks ago, i had restriction for like 2 minutes, but since then the hunger devil has been in charge. i've lost maybe 3 or 4 pounds (depending on the time of day) in all that time. very frustrating! i guess this is what they meant by bandster hell.

So it's been 6 months since we were all banded, and i was wondering how all of you are doing? I haven't lost anything for more than 2 months, and i'll be honest it's been very hard not to get discouraged. I've had 3 fills and one slight unfill and have been following the bandster rules. i can't wait to find the right fill level!!!

I hope you've all had far better luck than me :rolleyes:

hi all. 6 months for me too and my story is just like yours. had a fill in late june lost 9 pounds and i haven't lost a pound in 3 weeks. i can't believe it because i work out an hour a day everyday. my waste has gone from a 36 to 31. hips from 44 to 38 . i started in 220s and i'm in the 170s. size 10 are getting loose. u can definately tell ive lost weight but i thought ide be at goal by now. NOPE. i want to get to 139. i have a small band and i have had a total of 2cc put in. my doc is super conservative. i told him i could eat a 6inch loaded subway and he said OK time for a fill. i would like to hear how everyone else is doing. good luck.

I'm in the same boat ladies. I haven't lost anything for about a month and a half now. My scale is between 200-202. It sucks. I had to get a little unfilled last fill because I couldn't even eat a grape without it getting stuck. I can't seem to find my happy medium. We have to have faith though, I refuse to let this get me down. If it wasn't for my band I wouldn't have got as far as I did.

Well, I too was banded on Feb. 16th - as of yesterday when I went to Dr's...down 51 lbs. I wish it were more but am grateful as well. My weight is 213. My doc seemed thrilled but I managed to get a little fill too. Glad for that because I want to get out of 200's! I also met with the office nutritionist - zero value. Supposed to have more bloodwork to review Vitamin deficiencies. We shall see. My hair is falling out. Very few people have even noticed my weightloss - some. But it really doesn't matter bc I want to lose at least another 20 to be comfortable for a few months. I have discovered this is definitely a tool. I have not had an easy time - fills, unfills, dreaded ER unfill,pb'ing, learning what works an what doesn't, etc... I hope to continue to be somewhat successful as long as I am losing accept it all. I have learned more about the band from this website than anywhere so everyone PLEASE keep posting!!! Thanks for sharing.

ok 51 pounds is AWESOME. have you ever lifted something that weighs 51 pounds. HEAVY. i would like to add that my hair is falling out too. why is that? im shocked every time i run my fingers through my hair big clumps comes out. i didn't think i had any nutritional deficiencies. one more thing. i have not lost 1 pound in 4 weeks. i felt like crying after getting on the scale today. i have been killing myself diet and exercising. can't figure it out. i sure hope that this isn't it. i still have 40 pounds to go. i had a fill a week ago and feel like it hit the sweet spot

Congrats to all of your for all your tremendous weight loss! I really hope to be in the same boat soon. I'm going to my GP tomorrow to see if i can get a referral to an endocrinologist. My weight loss has been stalled for 3 months despite doing everything my surgeon told me to do and more. so at at his suggestion, i'm going to see if there's something else at work here.

i started losing lots of hair about 3 or 4 months ago. I found out my I was Iron deficient and started taking a liquid iron supplement and after reading the boards on LBT i increased my Protein intake. the combo has really done the trick. my Hair loss has stopped.

well ladies my weight loss is super slow!!! i find i can still eat big amounts if i want to so the next time i go for a fill i am going to make sure that there isn't a leak or something b/c supposedly i have 7cc's...i shouldn't be eating as much as i do then. anyways, a little victory is that i fit into a size 16 today!!!! i havn't been in a pair of those in over 3 years!!!