Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Octuplets and SIX other children??!!!

Oh yes, they mentioned that all 8 babies combined would have 64 feedings a day. Imagine trying to do that by yourself.

The 12 nurses that will be providing the care are specially trained in neonatal preemies.

Thanks for writing the recap, TQUAD.

I just saw a piece online, and this dollar figure popped out..

...In a press release from the "Dr. Phil" show, the group estimates caring for the octuplets will cost approximately $135,000 per month, and it is asking for donations from the public.

"Caring for preemies is considerably more involved than caring for a newborn healthy baby," West-Conforti said on "Dr. Phil."...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,508936,00.html

Well, if that's the case, Beth, it's obviously a scam perpetrated by Angels in Waiting and Dr. Phil. :thumbup:

Well, if that's the case, Beth, it's obviously a scam perpetrated by Angels in Waiting and Dr. Phil. :thumbup:

Yep, you can never trust an angel. :crying::tt2:

:thumbup: > :crying:

No, you've got it all wrong. Patty says that's exaggerated, so this info has GOT to be messed up. :thumbup:

LOL!!! That's what I was thinking!

Mornin' All,

I'm glad the babies will be well taken care of...though I sincerely wish it wasn't HER that would also be benefitting. She will have all the time in the world to feed her delusions while someone ELSE takes care of the children SHE brought into this world with her selfish a**.

I pray for the babies and her older children...as far as I'm concerned, she can take an express train straight to Hades...

To paraphrase Wendy Williams "Ain't no good gonna come to you until you do right by those babies and your older children, get your lazy butt OFF the welfare rolls and act like you got some sense":cursing:

I think that the doc that was responsible for the transplants should be on the hook financially for their care.

I think that the doc that was responsible for the transplants should be on the hook financially for their care.

With every one of her pregnancies, she said she had 6 embryos implanted and only 1 or 2 would take. Both the doctor and her was expecting the same with the last pregnancy which turned into 8. Things happen.

All her 8 babies are reported to be healthy. None has down syndrome or any problems in need of a nurse when she gets home. There is no need for RN's or LPN's to care for them. I was exagerating when I said CNAs 24/7. All she would need is 4 caregivers who could care for 2 each, 24 hours a day. There is no way that will cost more than $30,000. a month! That $135,000. a month estimate was a gross exageration! Do the math. 168 hrs/wk X $10./hr = $1680./wk X 4(caregivers) =$6720./week She has the money now, she'll be fine.

If somebody was acting this haphazardly with puppies, you know damn well the SPCA would be in there toot sweet to take those animals away.

Yet this two-legged puppy mill is allowed to harm and neglect her children and nothing gets done. Gotta love California (no disrespect to those of you who live there and have to put up with this idiocy).

BTW, in response to whoever said before that CNA's make more then 10./hr., I work as a CNA in probably one of the highest wage paying states (CT) in the country, and I get $12.50/hr. My 2 daughters are CNA's also and one recieves $9. and the other $10.50. Just saying.

With every one of her pregnancies, she said she had 6 embryos implanted and only 1 or 2 would take. Both the doctor and her was expecting the same with the last pregnancy which turned into 8. Things happen.

All her 8 babies are reported to be healthy. None has down syndrome or any problems in need of a nurse when she gets home. There is no need for RN's or LPN's to care for them. I was exagerating when I said CNAs 24/7. All she would need is 4 caregivers who could care for 2 each, 24 hours a day. There is no way that will cost more than $30,000. a month! That $135,000. a month estimate was a gross exageration! Do the math. 168 hrs/wk X $10./hr = $1680./wk X 4(caregivers) =$6720./week She has the money now, she'll be fine.

Really, what makes you an expert regarding these 8 babies. Additionally, how do you actually know the true cost of taking care of these 8 babies? Are you related to oct-mom? Do you have some inside knowledge?

Just curious, because on Dr. Phil, both octo-mom, the Angel Nurses, and the doctor's at Kaiser were all very clear that these babies need special care when they go home. And that this care would cost a great deal of money, since the babies require nurses.

So, are the doctor's at Kaiser liars? Do they not know the true needs of these babies?

Darn it, TQUAD, stop muddying up the Water with facts. We all live in a fantasy world now.

Ebony, I loved your post!!