Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fast food!

My question may have been posted before, but I will pose it again. How do you deal with fast food after the lapband? Is it hard to eat at fast food places and if so, what sorts of things do you find you can eat and tolerate? I don't eat alot of fast food, but lets face it, sooner or later we all have busy lives and fast food comes in to our life from time to time. Any advice? Also, do you miss it if you stopped eating it?

Thanks!:cursing:

You should be able to handle most things, I have had Chick-fil-a (chicken strips), Wendy's (chili) and Taco Bell (mexican pizza). I can do bread but it takes a lot of work which takes the enjoyment out of eating burgers or subs. Some people have said that they can't handle fries...I haven't tried them and have no desire to splurge on something like that.

I used to eat at burger joints regularly and I don't miss them at all. I ocasionally drive by a Subway and get tempted (their bread is sooooo good) but I have not given in. I have gone to chick-fil-a a few times simply because my in-laws love that place and we end up there on outings but I can live without it. Otherwise a couple trips to Taco Bell and one to Wendy's was just for convenience sake while out-and-about or when DH just had to have tacos.

I mostly miss the convenience of ordering a pizza or grabbing takeout but we are both eating healthier and saving money. When we do want to eat out, I prefer a nice sitdown restaraunt, the food is better and there are healthier options.

i don't eat fast food very often because the high fat content gives me an "effect" if ya know what i mean. I have had wendy's chicken nuggets and even some of a small fry a couple of times. I've had wendy's chili as well.

if i'm in a rush (and with my work and gym schedule i don't get home until almost 8pm during the week) i eat lean cuisines...it's a healthier version of fast food. i can eat their flat breads and pizzas with no problem...i just take my time and chew.

I have had some serious problems with PBing from fast foods like nuggets.

The only fast food I eat now is taco bell. I eat the mexican pizza, or just a regular taco. That usually is fine. I also like Taco Time and like their crisp burritos.

Even a soft tortilla is bad on my stomach now. I definitely avoid all kinds of breads, including hamburger Buns.< /p>

Sometimes fast food is unavoidable in my life.

McDonalds: fruit and yogurt parfait

Jack in the box: their chicken strips are fine for me

Subway: will make any of their sandwiches into a salad. With red wine vinegar, it's delish

One of these days I'll try an In and Out Burger Protein style (no bun, patty wrapped in lettuce)

My local burrito place will make any burrito into a burrito bowl, no tortilla. I ask them to go light on the rice.

And Lean Cuisine is my best friend. : )

I'm so glad I've come across this post. I was starting to think maybe my band was too tight that I couldn't eat so many foods. Anyway, as for fast food, McDonalds - I order the grilled chicken sandwich plain and eat just the chicken.. every now and then I can handle a few fries. Burger King - same thing as McDonalds. Wendy's - the chicken or just chili. Taco Bell - sometimes I can do a hard taco sometimes I can do the Nacho Belgrande. Subway - nothing lol Chick-fil-a - chicken nuggets.

I can take and keep down a tiny bite of anything my husband orders (keeps me from feeling deprived), then I chew the fire out of it before I swallow and am usually fine. I can't keep down Chick Fil A fries anymore, but ate Fuddruckers fries no problem. I order a Childrens chicken Tender basket with a fruit cup instead of fries then steal 2-3 of my husbands. It's a lot easier to eat chicken with a dipping sauce than it is to eat them plain. I can handle nachos pretty much anywhere or a small quesadilla if it's made from corn tortilla. I cannot handle flour. Ditto on everyone's Wendy's Chili response.

if you got a chik-fil-a around... i always go for the chicken salad bowls... so good and seems pretty healthy... i get the large bowl and eat half and save the other half for later...

also try getting a burger at any place and just take the bun off... i use to do this all the time when i was on the Atkins diet and its really not that bad...

hope this helps

We do not do fast food at my house. We never did before the band either. However, there are times when I go out to dinner with family and friends.

I have gone to high tea and not had a problem. I have ate chinese food at the local restaurant without a problem. I have had sushi at the Japanese pub by our house with no problem.

I just eat very small portions and chew very well.

is wendy's chilli very spicey? i can't do the spicey
<br />

<br />

I heard so much of about the wendy's chilli from this board, so I finally went got some last week. It was delicious. It's not spicy at all. They give you a packet of spicy sauce if you want to use it.

I ate out for the first time Tuesday since being banded 1/19. I stayed away from fast food and went to a sit-down restaurant where I knew I could get tuna salad. Fast food is inevitable in my life too since I travel so much for work and I appreciate your suggestions.

hi there FootballMom, can you tell me when you moved over to solids? I was baned on the 21st of Jan. I am getting somewhat hungry. I have been having mush past 1 1/2 wk today is day 15. I have tried some chili from Rally's it went down good, and left me satisfied for awhile. Maybe moving over to Lean Cuisne at lunch or dinner. Cottage cheese is not getting it anymore.