Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll: How many have acid reflux problems?

How many of you experience acid reflux after surgery?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you experience acid reflux after surgery?

• Yes, I am still having problems
    • Yes, but it went away with time
    • No

Hi, I have the acid reflux day and nite and I'm on Nexium and aciphex twice a day with no results. Last endoscopy was in June of 2007 and everything was okay. I can't even sleep in my bed anymore. Jerry

I never took an meds before now I'm taking Nexium once a day and it is not helping. Plus I am sick all the time .. Called my dr.this week to start the process to remove my band. .

I have the same problem just started about 2 months ago and I was banded on April 2007. Help

Yes, I'm having problems since my last fill, it was about a month ago. I was banded Feb 2007. :confused2:

Lani from the philippines. Everytime I get a fill, acid reflux. Yes, I take Nexium... You want a quick fix? Maalox- suspension type, but don't take it more than two days, it gives you one heck of a big problem- CONSTIPATION!!!! Now, you don't want facial surgery after Constipation now do you? LOL!!!!

Were I had my band done, they put us all on Pepcid Complete 2x a day. No one seems to have the problem at our meetings... Like they say it must be the Complete, or it doesn't work. Hope it helps...

Thank you,

I will try the Pecped Complete, sstarting today!

Thanks

It is really good to hear that someone else is having the same problems that I am having. . Yesterday I had a Jello cup and immediately got sick . The doctor said that he has not seen anyone get sick the way I am. Is anyone thinking about having the band removed?

Geri

I didn't have it before but have had it the last 2 weeks since my 3rd fill. Don't really want to have an unfill as this is the first time I have had good restricition and am loosing weight. I'm going to try some of the suggestion I have seen on this thread but if nothing works I will get a slight unfill. Banded on 12-13-07. Starting weight 233. Have lost 34 lbs. so far.

I didn't have it before but have had it the last 2 weeks since my 3rd fill. Don't really want to have an unfill as this is the first time I have had good restricition and am loosing weight. I'm going to try some of the suggestion I have seen on this thread but if nothing works I will get a slight unfill. Banded on 12-13-07. Starting weight 233. Have lost 34 lbs. so far.

I can't stand this heartburn, wakes me up in the middle of the night, I have it when I even drink Water. I'm also going to try some of the suggestions before I have a little unfilled also. Good Luck.:crying:

I had moderate acid reflux before surgery and was on medicaton. Now I'm not sure if its reflux or restriction. I get terrible pain in my chest but usually after I eat too fast or take too big bites of food. Then I need to purposely regurgitate to get the food up so the pain in my chest disappers. Idon't think this is normal, I don't know what to make of this. I also find I'm rechewing food that almost goes down to make it smaller bites. Does anyone else do this? Is it reflux??? or too much restriction. A

All help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone

I'm not a Dr.! You should ask your Dr. that. Sounds a little tight to me.

Thats just an opinion.

I thought it was just me, I feel tight in the throat sometimes since my last fill and I've had reflux. I started taking Zantex and it seems to work.

If it feels like someone's got thear hand around your throat, and is just at a steady squeese. That's how I new I was to tight. Not to mention couldn't swallow saliva. Our surgeon from the hospital puts all his patients on [PEPCID COMPLETE] one twice a day, and it works. We took a poll at our support group to see who is still suffering from Acid Reflux.

Not a one of us. So thear has to be something to this. It's got to be complete though, or it won't work. You also have to give your body a chance to get use to it. I had no problem. It worked for me from day one. This is for the rest of your life, same as the chewable vitamins.< /p>

Hope you feel better. Good Luck to you. Remember,, what ever you do check with your Dr. first. Thats the safest way. Shirley...

I had my band removed on Friday June 23th and no more acid reflex. The doctor put me on a liquid diet for two weeks I feel so much better.

Geri