Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll: How many have acid reflux problems?

How many of you experience acid reflux after surgery?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you experience acid reflux after surgery?

• Yes, I am still having problems
    • Yes, but it went away with time
    • No

This is still interesting to me..

I had acid reflux EVERY SINGLE DAY.. WITHOUT FAIL.. several times a day.. many nights up for hours unable to get releif.. gagged and heaved and had some really hard times FOR YEARS AND YEARS..

eating a bottle of tums a week and taking a prevasid pill too...

UP until the day of my surgery.

I HAVE NOT ONCE had it.. NOT ONCE since my surgery almost a year ago..

IS that crazy or what??

I would suggest any one having reflux that started in after a fill to think about having a slight unfill. I never had it for almost 2 years then on my last fill had it almost everyday and night. Had some unfill and no more reflux or heartburn.

Too full is not a good thing, trust me!!!!!!!!!!!

Never had it before surgery; but after surgery and on my 2nd fill to 1.8 developed bad acid reflux....so much so I could not sleep laying down, cause I would choke on acid when it came up........had to have an complete unfill..........and now filled to 1.4 no acid reflux....but feel could have a little more restriction..............:cool:

i used to have it years ago.....have not had it since till after my second fill. went to 1.7 and now have been getting it on and off. if it continues i will go in for a slight unfill. great restriction though...muchbetter than before.

I had horrific reflux for 3 weeks after my last fill. Doc put me up to 2.0cc and my MAX limit is 1.9cc. My fill actually kicked in about 4 days after, and I could not get back to see him for 3 weeks.

I was so miserable I had to sleep sitting up and took Nexium and with no relief. Once he took it out, I was in heaven...Ohh man!

Never again and Im I getting greedy with my fills....to much pain!

HI

Re-reading this threat has just made me decide to go for another unfill. (small one) I just need to see if it doesnt help the heartburn a little.....nothing else helps....some days I have it so bad and some days less......its not food related,not drink related (only Water makes it so much worse...)I dont have reflux at the moment just the terrible burning in my esophagus.....and the occational chest pain.....ok consider me unfilled......

the only time I get reflux probs at night is when I eat late maybe about 4 times in a year ive suffered from it, pre band I suffered nightly, daily afternoonly and morningly !!!!!!

I hear you, the same thing happen to me when I got greedy with my fill. I was up all night, couldn't keep any food down. I was not a happy camper. 7 days later I had a unfill and haven't experienced the same problem since. Moral of the story is Be Careful What You Ask For (and don't be greedy)

Never again and Im I getting greedy with my fills....to much pain!

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally learning my lesson

yes, i have had some problems with acid reflex, especially the first 2 wks post op. my doctor instructed me to take prilosec otc once a day. this has helped a lot. also watch your acid intake.

in addition, i have found that if i have something in my stomach every 2-3 hrs, i don't have near as much acid relex & production. which in turn, cuts down on the heart burn. hope this helps

I havent had the first bit of problem from my severe acid reflux since the moment I had my first fill. That was a true blessing to me because I was using 1-2 boxes of Tums in a week. I havent had a Tums since March 8th.

I had GERD for years before surgery and was pleasantly surprised when it seemed miraculously cured for the first 5 months afterwards. Then I started having gall bladder problems, but didn't know it was gall bladder problems. Once I finally got the gall bladder out 5 months later, I kept having kind of a burning feeling in my stomach at night, especially if I'd sleep on my back. I don't have the reflux that comes up your throat and gags you. It's just a nagging burning. So for the last few days I started taking my OTC tagamet and VOILA, it helped. I guess the GERD is back.

Oh God, dont say that!!!!!!! I was in a nice little fairytale world believing that my Gerd was cured and now this. Oh the horror. :omg: :think

Oh well, maybe I wont have that problem. Hope yours gets better though.