Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Commercials, Hamburgers, & Other Things That Go Bump in the Night

Have you ever noticed how many commercials deal with food? I'm sure you have! But have your REALLY noticed? When I don't have something DVR'd, I am forced to watch commercials. And now that I am on a diet of Water, Jello, and broth...it seems like every commercial is about food.

Did you know that Whataburger came out with a Double Patty Melt. I don't even like Whataburger and when I see the commercial...you would think that it was my favorite restaurant.

Have you seen the Red Lobster commercial? I hate seafood. But I might stick my tongue in the cup of butter they serve with lobster.

Tracey let me suck the salt off of his pretzel last night. A pretzel stick. I really wanted to accidentally bite down on it...just to be able to crunch on something.

I heard my stomach rumble last night. Didn't know what that was at first. I can't tell you last time I heard that noise! lol

My boyfriend, bless his heart...weighs about 153 pounds. He asked me if I wanted him to eat in the garage last night. I said no. He is supportive of my choice, excited for me to be healthier. He loves me as I am. He thinks I am sexy. I swear he does and I can't figure it out. But I'll take it! When someone has never struggled with their weight though, I dont think they can really understand. He has sympathy, but not empathy. I think that's why so many people flock to the Forums online. It helps to find people that REALLY understand.

:tt2:

OMG!!!!Those commericals were killers during my pre-op/post-op diet period. I would literally close my eyes and cover my ears. To this day I hate pizza Hut, Olive Garden and Long John Silvers for torturing me during that time.

OMG!!!!Those commericals were killers during my pre-op/post-op diet period. I would literally close my eyes and cover my ears. To this day I hate pizza Hut, Olive Garden and Long John Silvers for torturing me during that time.

I know. The other night I dreamt that I was a wedding reception and they had Long John Silvers chicken Planks. I ate them. Then...Long John Silvers were carrying baby back ribs. I ate them too. I woke up so relieved that I didnt actually cheat! woooo

It looks like you are doing great! Congrats!

LOL, I had a couple dreams like that too.

Thanks for the congrats. The first 75lbs. came off pretty quickly; unfortunately the last 20 pounds are putting up a pretty good fight...:tt2:

I am 3 weeks post op and on mushies but DAMN I am hating commericals right now. The one I die on is Wendy's I want to eat a hamburger soooo bad. I am not a big meat eater and I am craving beef. After week 4 I can have hamburger meat and I feel like I cant wait that one week, but I am a good girl.

I am 3 weeks post op and on mushies but DAMN I am hating commericals right now. The one I die on is Wendy's I want to eat a hamburger soooo bad. I am not a big meat eater and I am craving beef. After week 4 I can have hamburger meat and I feel like I cant wait that one week, but I am a good girl.

ooh, let me know how that first meat expierence goes! For real!

How has eating gone period?

Eating is going ok, but I am eating the same things over and over again. I am a picky eater! I eat oatmeal for Breakfast, refried Beans for lunch, and chili for dinner.

Today I went to the bowling alley and the people next to me were eating a big juicy burger....you would of thought I was going to reach over and steal it!

Another thing i have noticed is how much my friends talk about food! Are you noticing that too? I honestly thought they may keep their mouth quiet for a few weeks while I get through this lol!

Commericals about food are so much...I used to love watching food network but now I can't the food just looks too good!! Plus I am cheating on the pre-op waiting to hear from my dr on that. Surgery date 02/10/09

Eating is going ok, but I am eating the same things over and over again. I am a picky eater! I eat oatmeal for Breakfast, refried Beans for lunch, and chili for dinner.

Today I went to the bowling alley and the people next to me were eating a big juicy burger....you would of thought I was going to reach over and steal it!

Another thing i have noticed is how much my friends talk about food! Are you noticing that too? I honestly thought they may keep their mouth quiet for a few weeks while I get through this lol!

ive been thinking about refried Beans for days! lol...

I had surgery today. I am sitting here in my hospital room now. Right before surgery I got pretty nervous! I did not like coming out of anasteshia (sp?). It took a couple of hours to wear off totally. YUCK. The only pain I have is what I believe is gas around my left rib. I havent used any of the pain meds, but might when i get back in bed. I get to go home tomorrow!