Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've got a date! 10th February Surgery! Thank you LBT members!

Hey,

Well its day 10 after surgery and apart from being allegic to the plasters that were on my wounds I feel great.

Poor bugger - I had the same issue - SOOOOOOOO itchy and lovely red, blistery marks for some time.

Sunshine you're doing so well! How inspiring!! Tell me more about your pre surgery jitters - I just want to eat them all away it feels like an odd mix of fear and excitement like when you're just about to go on a big ride but its lasting days and days not minutes. Suffering again on Opti - so hungry and pre menstrual and its really hot here and it was my birthday yesterday and I drank heaps of champers. I'm back on track but man, bring on the 10th!!!!! So want it over with! Its awesome to hear your success stories so inspiring and just makes me want to jump in there head on! Keep us posted!

Hey Shaggs.

Well this is it your last weekend before the op. Remember the big picture. I found it really easy to stick to pre op diet on the weekend before coz I knew I was nearly there.

I feel great now. I popped into my work today to say high to everyone and everyone was saying how greatn I looked. There are people there that don't know why I have been off and were asking how I had lost weight (It felt good).

Still don't want to eat I had a bit of sheppards pie last night and that took me nearly 1/2 an hour to eat 1/2 a bowl (hubby thought that was funny). Find I get really full quickly.

You will do great and don't panic trust me it is a breeze.

Sunshine23 xxx:thumbup:

Shaggs,

2 sleeps to go. How exciting!!!!

don't let yourself get too nervous...it's a piece of piss.

Let me know how you go.

Megs

Thank you Megsy! I'm actually very calm about it all now and looking forward to being pampered by lovely nurses! The happy drugs will be nice too I guess! Everything at home is ready to go now, I'm all organised and will be so glad when this is over - bring it on! Loving watching your progress - you're doing great - I cant wait! Let u know how I go!

Thank you Megsy! I'm actually very calm about it all now and looking forward to being pampered by lovely nurses! The happy drugs will be nice too I guess! Everything at home is ready to go now, I'm all organised and will be so glad when this is over - bring it on! Loving watching your progress - you're doing great - I cant wait! Let u know how I go!

Good Luck tomorrow shaggs.

Will be thinking of you. What time do you go in?

Sunshine23:thumbup:

I'm waiting on a call sometime today to find out what time tomorrow. I'm sweating they're going to forget me! If they dont ring by lunchtime I'm ringing them. I'm a little nervous but these bush fires have put things into perspective! Thank you for your thoughts - Its really nice to know there's a world of people out there who are waiting to hear how it all went! Especially when no one here knows! I'll be thinking of everyone tomorrow and all of the pioneers and guinea pigs who went before me - thank you for the inspiration and courage!

All the best Shaggs! I will be right behind you.

I'm done!!! Everything went well. The pain and surgery situation is quite a shock but now three days later I'm feeling really good and not once did I think "is this all worth it" cause it is soooooo worth it. So glad its over with and recovering well. First day or two i didnt want to communicate with anyone - I was thinking how come no one told me it would be like this? But the recovery is really quick so thats a huge bonus. Just taking it easy and loving the weight loss even though I know its about healing but looking in the mirror and seeing someone elses body winking back at you is amazing!!!! And thats only approx 7kgs! Thank you everyone for your tremendous support it has made all the difference!

Hey Shaggs,

Sorry to hear you've had a bit of pain. I didn't tell you because I didnt haven any!!

It's great that you are on the mend and that you have lost that much weight. Well DONE!!!

Keep those Fluid up.

Megs

Hey Shaggs,

Sorry to hear you've had a bit of pain. I didn't tell you because I didnt haven any!!

It's great that you are on the mend and that you have lost that much weight. Well DONE!!!

Keep those Fluid up.

Megs

You lucky cow Megs the pain is feral in the extreme! No wonder you were out and about and getting munted on day 11! You must be made of steel girl! I've been thinking about you and your stories from then and I have to say I am also starving! I just keep sipping (soups Water drinks anything) but I'm hungry again in 10 minutes and man I would murder to have a chew. I'm counting down the days til I can do mushies. How was your fill? Is it working yet?

Shaggs

I am so pleased that everything went well. I didnt have any pain that I can remember. I hope that things keep going well :cursing:

Megsy - how are things with you?

I feel like I am at a bit of a standstill at the moment. I am looking forward to my second fill on Tuesday and hoping to see the weight loss accelerate a bit. I am running out of time to meet my goal :frown:

Hi Guys,

Things arent so great at the moment, purely because my first fill has made nought difference and my will power to only eat small amount is all but gone. the only time i feel any restriction is when i eat bread or chicken - then I am in pain for a minute or so - then I keep on eating. I try to keep to good foods but isnt always the case. Kids birthdays, partners birthday and general social occassion mean the crap is back. I think I have put on about a kilo - how devastating!!

My next appointment is on the 24th and I hope HOPE they fill me right up. I want to feel restricted and I want not to be hungry. Shaggs/Emmsie, hopefully you both get restriction sooner than I have!

Have a great night!

Megsy - :thumbup: I completely understand where you are coming from as I feel the same. I have my next fill tomorrow and can not wait. I feel minimal restriction. I have decided the thing for me to do is to go back to eating really small amounts (a teaspoon size) and chewing lots. This is something I find is easy to forget especially if I havent drunk all my Water and I am hungry. I have 3 kgs to lose in 3 weeks to meet my first goal. I would love to do it in 2 weeks but I think that is asking a bit much. Just remember that there are highs and lows in everything and you have done a great job so far. I am sure you will get back on track soon,

Megsy, you've done so well you have to look at the big picture 13 kgs in not even 2 months! Thats awesome!!!! Now let go of the numbers they do your head in. My clinic is constantly pushing that the first 6 weeks is for healing not weight loss so really, you havent even started yet! I already feel heaps of restriction but I know thats probably because I was only done a week ago and theres still swelling etc but I really hope it stays that way. i cant imagine not having it now I've experienced it - you must be beside yourself! Good luck for the next fill hope it brings all that you imagine and more!