Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First fill today.... no problem

I was a bit fearful about my first fill. After reading about lots of posts about doctors poking around and causing pain during fills.

I was prepared for lots of pain. The PA did the fill. A quick lidocane shot then he pressed on my port to find the target. A second later I felt a quick poke. I didn't watch but he quickly finished. Painless! Thank you!

I found out I have an APS 10.0 low profile, which now has a 4.5 fill level. Sounds like a lot to me after one fill. I feel a bit tighter, but I am thinking it definitely is going to take a few more fills to get me "sweet".

-Fran

My 1st fill went well. My Dr. wants me back on clear diet for 2 days them mushy for 2 and then start regular foods again..

Yeah broths again :biggrin: lol

Cool :tt2: I had my first fill today and I was a wreck worrying about it but it was a piece of cake. Lidocaine hurt less then getting blood drawn. Then the pressure while he poked at the port which was uncomfortable but not unmanageable and I know now what to expect and think next time will be fine. I won't be nervous.

I got 3cc in my band today. Not sure what restriction feels like but I'm on liquids today.. mushies tomorrow.. normal food cautiously on sunday. I'm not super hungry and all I've had today was a coffee and some Water.

Now YESTERDAY and the day before I was eating like a champ.. all bad for me stuff. So this came none to soon!

I also had my first fill today. I was a nervous wreck but it was even less painful than the lovenox shot I got at the hospital :scared2: He put 2cc in my band today and I have another appointment in 2 weeks, but my doc said if I felt like I needed more in sooner to just give them a call. I won't be able to tell if I have any restriction until Sunday, when I go back on solids.... so, for now, I just wait :(

Hey BethM and Rafa,

I am glad your fills went well.

Beth -- I am glad to hear you finally got to eat like a champ before the fill. I do remember you saying you were feeling like Gandhi a few weeks back. Looking at your weight loss, it looks like you have done really well.

-Fran

Ok, so I had my first fill on 1/23 as I posted above and he put in 3cc, not 2 as I wrote before, and I had absolutely no restriction from it. To the point where I was actually able to eat 2 hot dogs at a party on Sunday. Now, my doctor stresses the fact that weight loss with the isn't about dieting, but Portion Control and exercise. So please don't criticize me about eating :)Well it was clear my fill was not enough, so I called them back yesterday and got an appointment for today. He put in 4 more mls. So, right now I have 7cc in a 14cc band. My doc told me this should be "it" right now, or at least, very close to it. I'm on liquids today, mushies tomorrow and can go back to solids on Sat. I'm soooo excited I had to write. Can't wait to watch the scale going down!!!!!

I love my 1st fill..I guess im one of the lucky ones that has restriction so soon, I fill up quickly and I stay full for hours that i have to remind myself to eat to get in enough calories a day

I <3 my band :thumbup:

I love my 1st fill..I guess im one of the lucky ones that has restriction so soon, I fill up quickly and I stay full for hours that i have to remind myself to eat to get in enough calories a day

I <3 my band :thumbup:

Wow, that's great! Do you know how much Fluid your doctor put in? Just wondering at what point most people start getting restriction... thanks!

Wow, that's great! Do you know how much Fluid your doctor put in? Just wondering at what point most people start getting restriction... thanks!

I have a 10CC band and he put in 3CC's I go in 4 weeks for an appt and see if i need another fill or not..

I go in for my first fill on Tuesday. I'm worried as I already can't eat much and don't have any fill! Hopefully it won't restrict me too much...

Thanks for asking!

Got 1cc in an 11cc band. He just poked in the needle and filled, no problem there. I don't feel any different, but one cc isn't much fill.

I'm really not sure how much fill I should have...now that the pain is finally gone (it took me almost 6 weeks to heal and get off the liquid diet) I'm hungry all the time, but food gets stuck so I don't eat a lot. But I think I'm still confused about how it is supposed to feel. The doc isn't much help with questions (but he sure is a good surgeon.)

I mean, for Breakfast today I had one egg and about 1/4 a potato. It got a little stuck, but not bad. Now, half an hour later, I'm really hungry. From what I've read, that isn't how I should feel, so I'm guessing more fill should help. I don't have my next appointment for another 6 weeks.

Anyway, in the meantime, no big deal. I'm used to being on a constant diet anyway, always being hungry and never full--I mean, it's why I wanted the band in the first place, since to just maintain a weight I need to keep my caloric intake low and exercise high, but I want to do it without always being hungry and feeling deprived, so waiting a little longer to get to that point is just no big deal for me.