Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how long did it take you to start seeing dramatic weight loss

how long did it take you to start seeing dramatic weight loss especially if you had a lot to use? I am 2 and half months out from my banding and am at 36 pounds lost. If you lost 200 pounds or so in a year, when did you lose the most weight?

Thanks

I was banded 2/17/09. I have lost ~ 30lbs. and I'm holding pattern. I had 4cc fill 3 weeks ago and gained 5 lbs. I don't fill any restriction. I hope you have had more progress since this post. I have 200lbs. to go and noone is noticing the weight loss...:blink:

I am three months out and people are really starting to notice. The best part is I am noticing, which is the most important. It is nice hearing kudos from other people, but sometimes people around you only see the weight and it doesn't matter is it is 75lbs or 200lbs all the see is excess. In those cases it might be a long time before the comment. But as long as you are happy with the progress and you start feeling better (which you will) that is all that matters! Also keep in mind, if you have 200lbs to lose, the odds of you losing it all in a 12 month period isn't likely. Goals are good, but if they become unrealistic and you are not obtaining them fast enough you will feel disappointed. Which may cause you to chose bad foods and slow your progress even more. The weight will come off, just need some patience.

Time is the key. I do not want to sound like a "debbie downer" but when ya got 200 lbs to lose it takes awhile for the dramatic effect to take hold. The positive thing is we can all tell in our own bodies but others it may take a good 50lbs before they notice. My own personal experience starting out at 359lbs, i could tell a difference in my pants after 20lbs but before anyone that i did not see daily commented on my loss i would say i had to lose about 80 lbs. . Now when i see people i do get the "OH MY GOD" how much have you lost.

I too was wondering how quickly people lost their weight. I need to lose 195lbs. I was banded on 2/13/09 and I've only lost about 25 lbs (Most of which I lost in the first month). Since then I've fluctuated between the same 5 lbs. I am being patient. I have spoken to others who have said it can take 3-5 fills before they start dramatically losing weight. Thus far I've had 2 - the second one was just a week ago.

I'm dissapointed that more people have not responded to this post. I'd really like to know - I thought by now that I would have lost about 60 lbs.

Good morning as another large loser with 250 pounds to my goal. I wanted to chime in on the process of others noticing the weight loss. People made comments after 50 lbs lost. That was about 6 months out from my band.

I have lost 73 pounds and I'm 17 months out from surgery. I also thought I would have lost more weight or wish I have let's say. Yet I'm very happy with what I've gotten off already. It's been a fun game of getting to my sweet spot. I didn't get my first fill until I was 6 months post op due to my own choice since I was losing slow but losing, I then started getting fills and in Jan/09 got a little to much and needed a good portion taken out due to irritation.... I'm now two fills up from Jan. (fill March 24th & May 19th) and just now feeling great that I'm at my sweet spot and I'll start really getting the weight off again. It's a process of hit and miss and noone has the same results or experience. I'm just still so happy I got my band to help me.

hey you long time no hear from. im so glad to see you on here.

well to answer the post i have lost 43lbs before surgery and 31.8 after. do i feel great hell yes. i do some times get discouraged becuz im working my tail off and feel that i sould have lost more. but, i think that i just me. in time i will get there. best of luck to you all.

one question though tell me has anyone's dr said how many calories people are size should be eating. i eat about 900-1200 a day im fine when i eat 1200-1400 but, i feel tired if i do under 1050. but, im trying to loose it. so i dont know if that is the reason im lossing slow or what.

Good morning as another large loser with 250 pounds to my goal. I wanted to chime in on the process of others noticing the weight loss. People made comments after 50 lbs lost. That was about 6 months out from my band.

I have lost 73 pounds and I'm 17 months out from surgery. I also thought I would have lost more weight or wish I have let's say. Yet I'm very happy with what I've gotten off already. It's been a fun game of getting to my sweet spot. I didn't get my first fill until I was 6 months post op due to my own choice since I was losing slow but losing, I then started getting fills and in Jan/09 got a little to much and needed a good portion taken out due to irritation.... I'm now two fills up from Jan. (fill March 24th & May 19th) and just now feeling great that I'm at my sweet spot and I'll start really getting the weight off again. It's a process of hit and miss and noone has the same results or experience. I'm just still so happy I got my band to help me.

i've lost 40 pounds since being banded six weeks ago, and people are telling me that they can see that i'm losing. people at work tell me everyday. i still don't see it. i think it's because i've been at different levels of obesity since childhood, so i only see myself as fat and that's it...hahah! i don't see the different levels of the weight coming off.

i noticed that i was starting to drop weight by the way my clothes fit after about a month, and that was at a 24lb loss.

it's weird. i have SO MUCH weight to lose. i feel like i'm going to have to buy new wardrobes in like a bunch of stages. how did that work for people? did you wear the clothes until they were hanging off of you, or did you set, like, new wardrobe goals. for example: i'm wearing size 24 clothes, but i could fit into a 22 now, but i'm not going to buy new clothes until i hit a 16...? is that too drastic? like how weird will i look as a size 16 wearing size 24 pants? hahahah! OH THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!!

My wife and I are 2 and 1 months out, respectively, and we both noticed right off that, though the scale was not telling us much, our clothes are fitting in dramatically different ways. It's almost like the weight re-distributed on our bodies, causing inch loss without major weight loss. Has anyone else experienced this?

how did that work for people? did you wear the clothes until they were hanging off of you, or did you set, like, new wardrobe goals.

For me, I have waited until I drop at least two sizes. I know how to sew, so I would do minor adjustments on them, so I wouldn't walk out of my pants. Drawstrings are now my best friend!!! Try not to buy clothes with a lot of stretch in them, especially the pants/jeans otherwise they will not last that long. Buy basics when doing pants (tans, blacks, and jeans, navy) and keep the color to the shirts that way you can mix and match and stretch your wardrobe. Shirts I think you are able to get away with longer. Also, my support group does a clothing swap once a month, might check-in to see if yours does if not suggest it!

I've lost about 40 lbs and have only seen a minor difference. It might be because at my heaviest I was in size denial and over filled my clothes? Other ppl really have not commented on it though :/ I guess time will tell. How is everyone else doing?