Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Bullets 42 grams protein in 3 fl oz

Hi All

I am a little surprised by the interest in the bullet products.

Has there been any discussion here about the Protein quality (the value of the Protein to your body) in different kinds of supplements?

Thanks!

Jerome

unjury ® Protein

Not sure if there has been a discussion here. I am sure there has, but really the only discussion that matters regarding protein intake is that which occurs between the WLS doctor or nutritionist and their patient.

Not sure what you mean, but my Dr, his nurse, the diatician (sp)and even the independant psych eval person recommends them. The nurses at the hospital did as well reminding me that my body right now can only absorb 20 grams at a time, thus the split.

On another board, there seems to be good awareness that most collagen-based products (this includes the "bullets") have low Protein quality scores. The score is called PDCAAS, and it is used by the National Academy of Sciences, and other international health agencies.

I believe that the New whey products probably have a PDCAAS score of about 16. whey Protein has a score of 100 (out of 100)

Jerome

unjury ® Protein

On another board, there seems to be good awareness that most collagen-based products (this includes the "bullets") have low Protein quality scores. The score is called PDCAAS, and it is used by the National Academy of Sciences, and other international health agencies.

I believe that the New Whey products probably have a PDCAAS score of about 16. Whey Protein has a score of 100 (out of 100)

Jerome

unjury ® Protein

Jerome,

I do not feel that this is the appropriate place to be selling us your product. The nice part of lap band is we get to choose what we ingest...I don't feel that your snooping and soliciting on weight loss SUPPORT forums is necessary, respectful or wanted. You are entitled to your own opinion and you should exercise that opinion in Drs. offices and Vitamin shops. Please leave us to consult with our doctors, surgeons and other MEDICAL professionals. Thank you.

Gabi

Maybe instead of diluting dince its the after taste you don't like have something to there to swallow afterwards, I don't know what it is that makes me like them, but I think if its the after taste I would try what I do with the chewables bugs bunny and thats have crystal light to sip while I chew it, I hate those things. Now heres real strange. I'm still on post op haven't made it to mushies yet but that might change in a little bit getting ready to go see dr but for now I hate the smell of almost ALL foods. I can smell everyones breath hey all stink its whacked. I think I can only remember thinking my DH had bb in all these years now he and the rest of the world suddenly ewwww, go figure

"...I don't feel that your snooping and soliciting on weight loss SUPPORT forums is necessary, respectful or wanted. You are entitled to your own opinion and you should exercise that opinion in Drs. offices and Vitamin shops. Please leave us to consult with our doctors, surgeons and other MEDICAL professionals. Thank you."

Wow...that is a pretty strong reaction. I have to wonder why.

Generally, when we offer honest valuable nutrition facts that help members understand the difference among supplements, the reaction is appreciation, even when the readers are not our customers.

I am sure on the boards, the readers remember that some posters do NOT state their business reasons for posting. That is quite common.

I don't know if that is the case here or not. But we do clearly let people know who we are. No unidentified agents.

I hope some readers appreciate that. To those who post on behalf of competitors, this is your big chance to pretend you are indignant.

Kind regards

Jerome

unjury ® Protein

I just got back from my post op appt, a little ways out but they had to cancel the original. My Dr said I'm doing good was explaining that I could absorb more like 30 grams at a time and his belief is a 10 - 1 ration, like I'm doing right at 60 grams of Protein then I can go to 600 calories although that he said is a lot when today is day 1 of mushies and really doesn't want me worrying about calories yet. He said protein first then veggies and go from there. I know I started this thread and I hope it stays informative. Good Luck everyone, Get Healthy n Thin :(

Not that crazy about the taste, but it is an easy way to get my Protein in. I'm only 3 days post-op and that is the only way I can get it in

I don't hate it like I do the chewables but I did find it was easier for me right after surgery than the shakes I had been doing preop so I'm gonna stick with them and just switxh the flavors around, I think I've pver done grape everything. Time to spice it up LOL

Hi, As a newly banded patient, the Protein intake is a difficult one. I have examined the many sources of protein and have not found any references to complimentary Proteins. Many of our protein sources are incomplete but we eat a combination of foods for a reason - like rice and Beans. When combined they make a complete protein. In the beginning we are not eating much and we do need to pay attention to the source of protein. But we do get a variety of protein in the limited intake if we remember to eat protein first.

Many of the protein bullets are incomplete proteins but they are not our only protein source (hopefully). So in a pinch they can work or not work, depending on the complete diet.

Does anyone know of a flavorless Protein powder or liquid that I can add to food or hot tea? I met someone at a support group meeting and didn't get her name. She uses it everyday in her Breakfast oatmeal and swears she can't taste the difference.

Thanks

RosieJo,

I have not tried any of these yet as I am still in the pre-banding appointment phase, but I have heard of a few that other people have mentioned. One in powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored ( and no I am not a rep for Unjury..LOL), another one is Beneprotein. I am pretty sure there is a whey Protein Powder out there that is unflavored too but not 100% positive on tha one. As I said I have not tried them yet but I do plan to get some soon and start trying them so I know what I do like for pre and post surgery diet.

Jen

I don't know if you have found the unflavored Protein you were looking for but I bought one called Jarrows Formulas whey Protein and its unflavored. I bought it at our local Sprouts store. The trick is you CANNOT mix it with anything hot until you have made a paste out of it with room temp. Water, then add it to a hot food or drink and its fine. If you add it directly to a hot liquid it will curdle instantly.:wink:

Do you still have Protein Shakes or are the bullets your primary source of Protein? I have seen the bullets, but have not tried them yet. I am hoping to get surgery the 19th of March. I need to get some ideas before my date comes.

Thanks

I'm on full foods now so where I split the bullet, half in the morning half at night, with my chicken or seafood I am getting minimum 70's carbs. I keep some around that I bought pre op. I think I remember drinking one when I didn't want to eat out. I'm one of the weird ones I like the Protein Shakes I use but they are a bit much for me to drink now, 11 ounces is a lot at one time.