Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's talk about POOP...FLOATERS OR SINKERS

Should "HEALTHY" Poop FLOAT OR SINK?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should "HEALTHY" Poop FLOAT OR SINK?

• FLOAT
    • SINK
    • DON'T KNOW

Do you think they have sound-proof rooms?

I would sure hope so. Hearing the person next door yelling their praises would totally ruin the mood for me.

Yeah, I would personally count on a rather spa-like atmosphere. With plenty of candles.

Preferably odor eliminating candles.

There's a show on BBC called "You are What you Eat," and Jillian (the nutritionist) had definite opinions on poop. She has all of her "patients" poop for her so she can examine it. Blah. I'm sure next time I watch it, I'll pay more attention to what the "ideal" is and try to fill in all those who are interested.

Sinkers. In fact I have ghost ones sometimes, they're gone before I can even flush. I usually cant even get the magazine open before its all over.

I eat lots of fibre and good carbs. I never have any trouble producing poop. Daily. In quite impressive quantity.

Yes I have and I love them. I have never asked the therapist about poop floating or sinking, but will on my next visit. A "hose" LOL...you're funny. BTW, $60 is a steal of a deal; I pay $650 for 10 which isn't bad, but for 1 it's $75.

Ever had a colonic? I have a crunchy new-age massage therapist hippy girlfriend who loves them. She pays someone to stick a hose up her backdoor and irrigate her insides. Apparently this is done at a place where other people come to have it done as well. So someone was in there using the facilities prior to your own use of the facilities. This can cost up to $60 or more for one "treatment".

There are those who swear by the health benefits. I just can't imagine....both doing it at all (ie paying someone to let me crap in their office), but also the conversation in which I would tell Joe I want to take $60 (plus tip...I guess you give more if you let loose a good muffin?) to pay someone to make me crap. That would float like...well....you know.

Sound Proof rooms in the Colon Hydrotherapy rooms? No need, the person in the next room is doing the same thing "POOPING" and anyone in there knows what's going on in those rooms. But it is funny the things you think when you see someone who just came out; like "I sure hope they washed their hands" is the question I have in my mind. I touch NOTHING after a colonic but toilet paper for the obvious, paper towels to turn on/off the faucet to wash my hands and kleenex to open the door.

I think it's very spa like; at least the one I go to. They play spa music and a candle is lit, but not sound proof. No noise is being made other than the gurgling sound the Water emptying from the tank, but I don't think I've ever heard that coming from the room next to me.

Yeah, I would personally count on a rather spa-like atmosphere. With plenty of candles.

I was told the other day that healthy poop floats. They say it tells you that you are getting enough Fiber in your diet. I was told sometime ago that your poop should be the consistency of mashed potato's and I don't think mashed potato's float. Does anyone know what a "healthy" poop should do; FLOAT or SINK and what should the consistency be or does that matter?

Our professor in our health class said they should float, which means you are getting your Fiber.< /p>

This is probably way too much info even for this thread, but as a result of severe Constipation I ended up back in hospital 4 weeks post op. I ended up with a haemorroid (sorry about spelling) the size of an apricot. The pain was so intense I fainted in emergency. They tried cutting and draining it (without anaesthetic) and had no luck. In the end i was admitted and given pain relief via IV and round the clock ice packs. I tried everything for the constipation (prune juice, benefibre etc) and no help. Finally i am on a prescription one but if i don't take it I don't go. I'm not going to let that happen again.

I've not had a colonic.... But my best girlfriend has one every 6 months or so. She told me that there is a tube that irrigates the colon with Water. It is considerably more Fluid than a standard enema, but that there is also a suction tube and that there is virtually no mess. She lays on her side on a table. I accepted this as fact. I was a bit surprised with those of you who mentioned sitting on the pot with toilet paper, etc. I guess there's more than one way to do it?

My friend has mentioned special "tables" in which it is done, and it is all a do-it-yourself affair.

I personally would rather stick myself in the eye with a fork than go somewhere to poo in public.

This is probably way too much info even for this thread

You cannot be serious lol... After reading the last 2 pages (I can't believe I admit to that) I don't think that there is any possible way that there could be a response that is TMI.