Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 21st banders!

Hey, I'm from Hamilton Ohio and I will be getting banded on January 21st. I just started my pre-op diet a couple of days ago, and I was wondering if anyone else was getting the LB on the 21st?

:confused:

I am getting banded on the 22nd. HOw is your preop diet going? I am sooo nauseous. i think that I will call the nutritionist today. The only thing that I can think that it is would be all the Protein Drinks. Any ideas.

I'm a January 20th bander...the first day was tough, and I took 2 days off from work to figure it out at home (there were too many Cookies and other goodies and smells here at the office). I'm fine now on day 4, but having trouble getting enough Protein Shakes - they say I should have 4 per day and I can get 1.5-2 down.

My nutritionist said to shoot for 2 drinks and add 3 egg whites a day. I've been enjoying having Soup and broth (venison stew without the venison & potatos!)...so haven't been nauseous.

im getting banded 21st jan... when i started my pre op diet after few days i too felt nausea, moody, stomach cramps,but this didnt bother me too much as i was pre warned from my dietition to expect these changes

I was nauseas and spoke with my nutritionist who said to try more Water to help flush the ketones and other toxins and it seems to have worked. The nausea kept me from being hungry, now ....I am hungry. Oh well, be careful what you wish for.

I am going in for band on the 21st, I have only one day of liquids.....hummm not sure why? That is all that was required by my doc. Currently I am at 227 I am 42 BMI only 5'3'' tall

I am hoping this procedure helps with the BP problem, on meds right now that condition. Got to get ready at home with necessary items...broth, Vitamins, and pain med (liquid). Please tell me what else I may need, or what/ how you are preparing for after the band procedure. Good luck to all of us.:grouphug: and does anyone know how to add the weight tape I see at the end of posts?? I would like to track my weight

Thanks

I haven't found how to put the ticker on my signature, and think it may be because I'm not a mac? I was having a hard time getting 4 shakes a day (80 g protein), and have added non-fat skim milk powder, then the nutritionist suggested adding 3 egg whites/day if I only do 2 shakes. my doc allows non-starchy veggies, so I have been able to make Soups, and have the broth and veggies from a venison stew that we make here in upstate NY (as long as I take out the potatos and venison). It's kept me sane, and no nausea. I was surprised to like the sugar-free jello!

I am also getting banded on the 21st. I HATE the pre op diet. I am supposed to drink 3 shakes a day and have 1 cup of green vegs and 4 oz of chicken or fish. The shakes are disgusting, but I choke them down. I am getting banded in Houston by Dr. Ahmad. Good luck to us all!!:thumbup:

I am scheduled to be banded on the 21st as well. It is interesting how each surgeon is different on their pre op diets. I don't start mine until this coming Wed (7 day diet). My diet is a mix of low carb shakes (2 a day) a cup of juice, 2 servings of fruit, 2 c. raw veggies, 3 dairy (SF yogurt, cottage cheese or pudding) and all the broth, SF popsicles, diet soda etc. I was never nervous before but now I am beginning to be.

I would give anything to be able to have something to chew! My two week pre-op diet is liquids only except suger free Jello. It's pretty hard to chew jello! I wish I knew why the pre-op diets are so different. But I'll stick with it and look forward to the 21st.

Getting closer, I have been reading posts with some good advice...thnks. Sometimes I feel pretty nervous, but mostly so excited. I turned in my letter of understanding the Lap-Band that was required by the doctor. I am cking the pantry for things to throw out! and getting shakes ready.

Anyone worried about Hair loss? I have very thin hair to begin with, so I hope I dont loose what I have! maybe I should start some hair Vitamins, just in case. I have been having the children's chewable they are good!

Still dont know how to add the tracker....bummer

Good luck to us all.....it's getting closer I have to go to the pre-op meeting all day on Tues, 20th, going to miss the new Pres. Obama get inagurated.....that is a bummer thank God for TVIO:thumbup:

not too concerned about Hair loss, i have very thick hair, so will prob do itsome good to shed some..

just cant get over how cold i am all the times, esp my fingers & toes..

want wednesday to speed along now

I am feeling pretty good too. I go for my post op appointment this Wed and my first support group meeting as well. My incisions are healing well with little pain. I supposed not to snack in between meals but I usually have to have a yogurt about 4 each day which will hold me off until dinner. By the time I go to better I am hungry again but I usually just go to bed with my stomach grumbling