Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non-Scale Victories Thread

It's great reading everyone's NSV. It really goes to show how quickly we can make a change in our lives.

For me the most recent NSV is one that I never really thought of. The other morning my wife and I got up and before I went out of the bedroom we went to hug. Well she goes to me, "Look at this I can touch my fingers together around you now." Not that she was just touching her finger tips she was actually pushing them together. Well it felt great that I have lost enough that she can do that! =)

Congrats all!!

For me, this week, ithe jeans i bought 3 weeks ago are beginning to feel loose. (Any change is a victory !)

As of today I have had four people out of the blue comment on how much faster I walk now. My DH was first, I usually walked several steps behind ... only because I couldn't keep up with him...he has commented that he is having to hoof it to keep up with me now. My grandson, with it's great grandma we don't have to go slow anymore. A co-worker with you sure are walking up and down these halls faster. And last my daughter in law - well look at speedy gonzolis moving. It's been fun hearing there comments but the one I'm most impressed with is ME...I'm noticing how much faster I do everything!

Highest Lifetime weight 386

1st visit to dr 376

Surgery 343

Today 314

Wow-- it has been great reading NSVs from everyone. I haven't been really busy lately. Here are some of my NSVs.

1) My husband did my monthly measurements last night and I was SO happy. Overall since surgery I have lost 32.75 inches. Of course I measure in a bunch of different places so that sounds like a lot more than it is, but when I did the math calculations --- I have lost 11% of my inches since my surgery.

2) My doctors official weight loss since December 10th is 30 pounds, my scale says it is higher (36 pounds) but who is counting? :rolleyes:

3) It seems like everyday I am able to find clothes that were too tight and now are loose. The clothing discard pile is growing!

4) I was looking for something in the garage and came across a box of clothes that had been put up for a yard sale and forgotten about. Mostly jeans. I now have about 8 pairs of jeans I can wear.

5) My favorite jacket that I wasn't able to wear for years now fits again.

6) People are noticing.

7) I never noticed that people weren't terribly nice to me but it seems like people are more polite to me now. (So sad how fat people are treated in this country!)

8) It seems like many more men are opening doors for me.

Thats all I can think of right now, but these are significant to me. And they sure feel good!

People are really noticing and have been very encouraging.

My wedding band is almost falling off my finger

I've not got alot of clothes I can wear. Have to hit the thrift store.

I have more energy and am enjoying my exercising

Instead of worrying that things will be too tight, I am now worrying that things will be too big and baggy.

I love nsv's. They are more helpful than the sv's. I am enjoying a visit with my sister this week and am enjoying showing her the sites of Florida, some of which I haven't seen yet due to lack of energy. I can keep up with her now and it is her saying, I am ready to go back home now.

Thank you everyone for posting your nsv's. They really inspire me.

Hi All, another NSV-:w00t: gave up one asthma med today and they are going to lower the setting on the CPAP!! ( If I get off that machine- I'll do a happy dance!!)

I'm so jealous! I am so happy for you, that's great news. I'm supposed to be getting an autopap for a couple of weeks to see if my setting on the cpap needs to be adjusted.

Hi All, Another NSV! Went to a concert tonight. actually fit into the seat ,easily.! i wasn't squashed together with my thighs touching the person next to me!! i've tried and no amount of sucking it in and squeezing my legs together prevented me from touching the other person's leg in the past. Cannot put my arms down below the arm rests but this is much more comfortable!!

So I went late last night to Walmart to buy some outfits for my trip to disney...I knew my jeans were a "little" big but I didn't realize how big until (just to see if I could) put on a pair of SIZE 14 :) jeans!!!!!! They fit perfect.. no sucking in,.. no hopping in place to get them over my thighs...This is soooo great I havn't been a 14 since I was like 17 years old!!! I LOVE MY LAPBAND!!! I have now gone from a size 24 to a 14 ....5 whole dress sizes:Dancing_wub: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love to see all the NSV's. I pulled down the 2 tubs in the top of my closet that have too small stuff in them, thought maybe I could find a blouse or two but I was able to get into a couple of pairs of pants, some skirts, pj's and lots of tops. Woo Hoo!! I was getting low on stuff to wear. I did buy 2 pairs of pants on clearance last weekend. I won't pay full price for anything right now.

My rings are getting too loose, can't wear my wedding rings right now and my anniversary ring has moved from my left ring finger to the right ring finger and now to the left middle finger. Pretty soon I may not be able to wear it at all but I don't want to have them sized until I'm near goal. I don't like not having something on my ring finger though.

Also had to order some new shoes. Went down a 1/2 size. I searched everywhere for some I liked but haven't had any luck so I broke down and ordered some.

So I went late last night to Walmart to buy some outfits for my trip to disney...I knew my jeans were a "little" big but I didn't realize how big until (just to see if I could) put on a pair of SIZE 14 :crying: jeans!!!!!! They fit perfect.. no sucking in,.. no hopping in place to get them over my thighs...This is soooo great I havn't been a 14 since I was like 17 years old!!! I LOVE MY LAPBAND!!! I have now gone from a size 24 to a 14 ....5 whole dress sizes:Dancing_wub: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi All, Another NSV! Went to a concert tonight. actually fit into the seat ,easily.! i wasn't squashed together with my thighs touching the person next to me!! i've tried and no amount of sucking it in and squeezing my legs together prevented me from touching the other person's leg in the past. Cannot put my arms down below the arm rests but this is much more comfortable!!

Another NSV!! dropped 2 sizes in jeans, since February.:laugh: have nothing to wear ( seem to skip sizes and what i saved is too big or too little) i also notice my workout has increased with out breathing problems! :crying:

I can now shop in the "Misses" section...goodbye Plus sizes.:crying:

Banded 12/04/08

Now wearing my old size 12 hipster jeans... and they're a little loose. Even my teenage daughter said 'mom, you look fantastic' (compliments from teen rare as hens teeth).

Perhaps the strangest NSV is that I want to go running! It's been years since I ran or wanted to run (10 years ago I used to run 5 miles a day). I ran 3 days in a row this week... only 2 miles each time but still... to get up early in the morning and want to do it is incredible. The band and the weight loss success and the compliments and self confidence all together are life changing. I'm one happy camper.

Hi ALL, Bought a new pair of jeans Sunday ( Felt almost tight) and they hang on me when i wore them on Saturday.:thumbup: i am at 2X/24 My Shoes are too big ! Also walking more and my feet no longer hurt!!