Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

biggest loser - '09

I've never seen anything about surgery but from the time we see them last on the ranch till they show the finale it sure looks like theres been some tummy be gones done. Not that I disapprove, if mine needs it I hope to have it done.

I don't even want Ron in the finale much less cutting his "mppbs" off and having a shot at it all.

Right now though they don't think of him as a threat though, so when they wise up and start sending threats home he'll probably be hanging arouns still, still having two votes and spouting off who needs to go

I think that the way they decide who will be up for elimination is stupid. People have great weight loss one

week and not the next. I don't know a better way to

determine who is on the chopping block, but they should

have something better IMO. Tara has just been a star, but she can have one week of of not losing well, which has absolutely nothing to do with how hard she

tried that week.

Fortunately, this game is ultimately decided by the weight loss. He may make final 3 but there's NO way he wins without the aid of a chainsaw.

Hmmm. I wonder what the rules are about that. If he just got the 6pack of moobs sliced off he'd be down 20 lbs.

:):lol::sad::lol:

I think there should be a bottom 3 and America votes. That way theres no game play and these ppl will focus on what they are truely there for.

That really is a great idea!

Re: the ones who gain the weight back

I found this article online about one of the contestants, Kai from season three. It's a really interesting read and sad in many ways. She talks about some of the product placement Biggest Loser pushes.

Less attention was paid to diet, though there were plenty of product placements. Like the day they did a segment on drinking milk as part of a weight-loss plan.

"That was sponsored by the dairy board," she said. "The minute the cameras shut off, my trainer was like, 'Spit it out.'"

Here's the link if anyone wants to read it.

Alaska 'Loser' contestant still fighting weight gain - Juneau Empire

wow I can't imagine what that must be like I'm obsessing over being stuck for a month with no loss and knowing people are expecting me to be shedding......sounds like no matter how well you read the contract or whatever you sign before going on you have no way of knowing what your really in for. She still looks good but I totally understand weighing your worth :tt1:

That was a great article. It just goes to show how much some of us just need WLS. I was going to the gym and exercising my brains out for 3 years 6 days a week before I got WLS. All it did was depress me because I never could lose it and keep it off. Even eating healthy foods can cause weight gain if you eat the wrong size portions.

Yes, it was very tragic, but it says a lot and explains what some of us have been wondering -- whether they touch on the life-changing things they can and should do to get better.

The article made me sad :rolleyes: I remember watching that show long ago and thinking I just needed to push myself more. I once lost 100 pounds on my own but I gained it all back. I'm so glad I got the band.

Thanks for that article. I had a feeling about the milk advertisement--yes, they are trying to say that 3 glasses a day helps you lose weight, but a glass of milk is still like 100 calories. In that environment, calories matter too much to be getting them from beverages.< /p>

I like reading these articles because it's so different from what we see. Like in their "after" segments they always say "Oh, Biggest Loser changed my life, I'm so much happier, etc" but look how miserable Kai is. It seems like this show has just as much of a chance of creating eating disorders as curing them.

I think it was Kristin who did the most recent milk one with Jillian, the look on Kristins face was like ughhhhh wasn't sure if she hated the taste or was thinking calories. If nothing else I would think they'd have them drinking soy milk or something with less calories.