Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

biggest loser - '09

Other than being able to slam WLS I can't figure out why they picked him to be on the show. Unless they thought sensible people would send him home the first week

I'm sure when he applied to be on the show he was a perfect gentleman, "Oh, I love my son..." blah blah blah. There is no way the producers could have known he wouldn't actually try to exercise or be a complete ass. If you take away his personality, the father-son duo, with another obese son at home, is exactly what they were looking for.

, the father-son duo, with another obese son at home, is exactly what they were looking for.

agreed.

i think the dad/son dynamic & mike being so young and 300+lbs really made a compelling story....

I wonder what would have happened it he had been placed on Jillian's team instead of Bob's. There would have been some major fireworks that is for sure since she doesn't except excuses!!

Did y'all notice that Bob's team were the bottom 3 this week, excepting the injured Laura? Doesn't say much for his methods.

I just had the scariest thought.....what if Rons manipulative ways get him to the final? Seriously Tara and Helen are having a harder time putting up big numbers and with the big one Helen put up this last week she will probably have a smaller one this week. Taras been hitting the 4's for awhile. That leaves Felipe, Mike and Kristin all who seem to be under the control of Ron, also making them a stronger alliance. So if Ron keeps it up he could possibly end up there OMG what an awful thought

Edited by Saundra

Did y'all notice that Bob's team were the bottom 3 this week, excepting the injured Laura? Doesn't say much for his methods.

Exactly!! I also didn't realize that all of the winners have been Jillian's peeps. I think Bob gets too involved in the "game play" instead of just trying to help them lose weight. Plus Jillian always tries to figure out the emotional/psychological part. I think everyone here knows what a huge part that plays.

I just had the scariest thought.....what if Rons manipulative ways get him to the final?

not only scary - but likely.

that's why it's been so stupid not to get rid of the folks who have more to lose (ron,kristin,filipe) when they could....laura & helen are not going to be pulling in lg numbers now - the other 3 & mike still have a good chunk left. i think those 2 are in real danger....

Every season I can't remember if its 3 or 4 in the finals ughhhh don't know why I can't remember but to think of him representing in the finale....going home for the 3 monthish loss time that we don't see and making it look like his WLS had nothing to do with it. He was able to pretty much just sit around, eat the right foods and loose like he has. It scares me that a lot of people won't realize that his WLS HAD TO BE A MAJOR ROLE IN THIS

Every season I can't remember if its 3 or 4 in the finals ughhhh don't know why I can't remember but to think of him representing in the finale....going home for the 3 monthish loss time that we don't see and making it look like his WLS had nothing to do with it. He was able to pretty much just sit around, eat the right foods and loose like he has. It scares me that a lot of people won't realize that his WLS HAD TO BE A MAJOR ROLE IN THIS

All we can hope is IF he makes it to the finals and goes home, the fact that he doesn't really have anybody doing things for him (cooking, riding his ass) will be the killer for him and he won't succeed. I'd hate to think that THAT guy could win this thing... :blink:

I hadn't dared allow that thought in I'm still dealing with him representing in the finals as a big possibility. I keep wondering what they will do for challenges between now and them. If they offer imunity or 1 lb chances are Tara wins it. Which I'd love shes worked hard I mean so have the others she just stands out so much more because of the challenges whee it seemed impossible for her to win yet she did.

Those would help keep Tara on the ranch, but what will it take to send Ron home ughhhhh I so hate that he represents when the truth has been hidden. If they came right out and said yes the WLS must be playing a role I'd be happier with it but you know they won't.

Those were my public rants now I'm off to really cuss and get mad

After Ron's last little flip-out when people voted for him, I think more people will be inclined to send him home next time he falls below the yellow line. I think if Kristin knows the majority are planning to vote for him, she will go along with it, but otherwise I think she'd be too scared to vote for him.

What I really want to see right now is Mike and Ron below the yellow line. Not because I want Mike to go home, I don't, but I want to see if Ron really WOULD sacrifice himself for his son or if he'd get greedy and want to stay. He keeps saying it's all for Mike, but it would be a good test to see if that's true. He KNOWS he can't lose the weight at home, and Mike would be able to.

could you imagine though how your knees would be after all those years of 300+ lbs on them...I bet he doesnt have any cartilage left in his joints which makes for bad bad bad pain! So I can imagine that he had a hard time, even though it is his own fault you cant change the past..so maybe he will lose enough to where he can have knee replacement and then exercise all he wants!

Yes I can imagine, not from having 300 + lbs on them but from having them break and having multiple surgeries. I still evercise, I still walk I push myself through a lot of pain. Yes the weight I'm trying to take off came from the last couple of bad breaks, and pain sucks but every lb I've lost has made me push harder, allowed me to do things I couldn't do just a few months ago. Do I feel bad that his knees hurt sure, just like I'm sure all the contestants hurt.

Ron has big issues if hes been 200 since 9 and 350 from 15 on......its gonna take a lot to get it off and a whole lot more to keep it off. I don't think he has what it takes to keep it off. I hope he proves me wrong.

I just had the scariest thought.....what if Rons manipulative ways get him to the final? So if Ron keeps it up he could possibly end up there OMG what an awful thought

BITE YOUR TOUNGE!:blink: Don't say such vile things! SHHHHHHHHHsh

Fortunately, this game is ultimately decided by the weight loss. He may make final 3 but there's NO way he wins without the aid of a chainsaw.

Hmmm. I wonder what the rules are about that. If he just got the 6pack of moobs sliced off he'd be down 20 lbs.