Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you exercise today?

Thought we needed a place to keep a running check in for our New Year's attitude. So did you exercise today?

I haven't done mine yet but now I'll have some added pressure to get it done. I've been eating better but it's been really hard to get back into the workout groove. Gotta get it done. In fact, gonna go do it now. How are you all doing with yours?

I haven't been to the gym since Thanksgiving. :tt2:

Between all the holiday events and work and 2 weeks of vacation out of town last month, workouts just slipped away. It wasn't what I wanted...it just happened.

But, I am going to the gym today! Mostly, my motivation is that I have to change my credit card that my dues are run from, but hey, it is getting me there!

I found this last month that I actually missed working out. I just feel better when I get to the gym. I even made a new workout playlist of music for my iPod shuffle so that I have new fun things to listen to while running (or likely walking for a little while again).

Great thread Ezma, even though my response for today is 'No'. I've got some of my family coming for dinner today, so I'm up to my wazoo in cleaning, baking and cooking. Having the full turkey dinner as none of us had it for either Christmas or New Years...better late than never!

I shall return to the Y tomorrow...I wouldn't want to have to post 'no' twice in a row!!

I did yesterday and today. And believe me, if it weren't for the need to post here I wouldn't have exercised today. Thanks guys for helping me stay accountable.

Yay Tap! Glad to see you back on the exercise bandwagon.

Let's see how many join us, Ezma. Come on VV's, get your rears in gear - do something, and then brag about it!

I've been jogging 2.5 miles on my treadmill since New Years without fail, & TRYING to keep calories below 1200. I'd like to go lower, but I'm too darn hungry. My weight isn't moving. Damn perpetual bandster's hell is what it feels like. I have less Fluid in my band than when I had my very first fill.

Today is a good day to check out Curves - I need something new. Does anyone else go there? Do you like it?

Thanks.

At least 5 days a week. I find it critical to my weight loss. At the gym 5am M-F, except Thursday - I play tennis Wednesday nights until 11pm so I take Thursday am off. At least one weekend day when I get to it. 60 minutes of treadmill and 20+ minutes of weights. In the office by 8am and I find this a great way to start my day.

Yea! I made it today, even after working from 7am - 6pm.

Got to the gym at 7pm and worked out for 45 minutes on the treadmill. Easy warm-up, slow jog, then sprint/walk intervals.

Not bad...

Taking the day off tomorrow to get a massage (YEA!!!!!) but will be back at the gym on Wednesday!

Go VV's - Feel the Burn!!!

At the Y by 6, went swimming - did fast crawl until I was too pooped to continue (about 25 minutes). Walking 35 minutes after that.

Mike - you are doing great! and you gave me an idea - tennis. Maybe I could take some tennis lessons - but then again, unless DH joined me, I would be playing by myself.

I'm thinking of taking golf lessons in the spring - I think Im the only person I know who does not play golf, and I miss out on some possible social/networking as a result.

Just getting ready to do my workout. Posting here so that I'll make sure I get it done. I really need to find a place to get a walk in during each day too. I'll find it, just need to get a good fit for my routine. It's too dark out in the morning now to do it after I workout.

Sounds like everyone is doing really well. Yay us!!!

I have a doctor's appt today and I think he'll be really happy that I managed to lose a couple pounds over Christmas and New Year's instead of gaining. Woo hoo!!

Ezma - I am positive your doc will be pleased...YAY you!

And I justnoticed - you have less to lose than you have lost already....more than 1/2way there. FANTASTIC!

Ezma - some ideas for walking - try a local mall (bigger the better). When my DW drags me to the mall, I will usually just walk all over the place. Its great exercising with plenty of distractions. Many malls open early (before the stores) just so people can walk around. Also, I was on vacation last week upstate and we needed to do a lot of shopping (we had several families styaing in a ski house). I was bummed we were away from the gym (but I did ski), however, I found super Wal-Mart to be as good as any mall for walking...