Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you exercise today?

. We ended up jogging for about 1/4 of a mile because the kids were home from the bus already and we weren't there yet. It was fun.

That's great Shiny...although I doubt I would ever put 'fun' and 'jog' in the same sentence!!!

At the Y this morning - 30 min weight training on arms, then 25 min of high intensity interval training on the treadmill :confused:

Nothing yet for me today. Unless you want to count trying to lift my hubby off the floor when he fell as weightlifting. I know I was sweating when we finally got him back to bed. No time now for my workout as I have a doctor's appointment shortly. Gonna try to work in a walk later on. Cross all fingers and toes for me.

You guys are all doing so great. Yay!

I worked a 30 hour shift yesterday to today and just got off at 1pm. Didn't get any sleep or exercise yesterday, and now so tired, I'm not sure I'll make it today. But, we'll see how I feel after my nap.

Ezma,

I hope your hubby is okay. Keep us posted.

Anna,

30 hour shift? Is that even legal to make you work those hours? Yikes.

My exercise today was very mild. I tried a few pilates moves from some papers I printed off the internet. Maybe 25 minutes worth, but I didn't even come close to breaking a sweat. Tomorrow is my 3 mile run, so I'll report in then.

trying to lift my hubby off the floor when he fell as weightlifting. I know I was sweating when we finally got him back to bed. Cross all fingers and toes for me.

Ezma, I hope hubby is ok, and that you didn't strain/twist anything moving him. Consider fingers and toes crossed.

I worked a 30 hour shift yesterday to today and just got off at 1pm. .

30 hour shift? What kind of hours are those????

My exercise today was very mild. I tried a few pilates moves from some papers I printed off the internet. Maybe 25 minutes worth, but I didn't even come close to breaking a sweat. Tomorrow is my 3 mile run, so I'll report in then.

Regardless, you did some exercise - anything is better than nothing. Good luck on your run.

AS for me, Im thinking I should get to the Y before I have to start in on the day of errands....but I haven't committed to it yet!

I'm changing up my schedule some to do a challenge with a friend on here. We are doing 100 miles in 10 days on our stationary bikes. It's awesome!! Today is day 1...

1.5 miles of Resistance 1

1.5 m of Res 2

2.0 m of Res 3

2.0 m of Res 4

1.0 m of Res 3

1.0 m of Res 2

1.0 m of Res 1

All staying on or above the Endurance level.

Okay, my time today was 38:20

I think I'll do some calisthenics later tonight also.

Today is my normal day off exercise. I do a lot of shopping on Saturday so that's it for me. Boy are Saturdays fun.

I had a great run today. I took my girls to gymnastics for their first class ever and was happy watching how much they were using their muscles and moving their bodies. Then when they were done, they waited for me while I did 3 miles on the treadmill. It was more like 3.5 with warm up and cool down. It went really fast because Dances With Wolves was on the tv and I really enjoyed watching it so much that I hardly paid attention to the numbers on the treadmill. Tomorrow is a day of rest for me all the way around, so no exercise till Monday. Have a great weekend, you guys.

My good intentions of yesterday did not come to fruition; however, I have to shovel today so I WILL get exercise...30 min or more of cardio and arm workout!

I haven't been checking in here everyday, but I have been following this thread - reading everyone's posts is giving me some motivation to hang in there and do my own exercise! I think I have the January blahs. You ladies have some impressive work outs! The shopping work out sounds the best though Ezma :coffee: (I hope your hubby is ok)

So latest check in for me: still doing my treadmill, I have it up to 2.5 miles in about 35 minutes (not fast, but it is work for me, and I am getting my heart rate up and sweating like crazy) . . . I'm trying to work back up to my 5k (3.2 miles) that I was doing before the holidays hit. I'll get there yet! I drove over to check out the Curves that is close to my house, they closed up B) But there's a new place called Planet Fitness, their claim is to be exercise in a "judgment free atmosphere", so maybe I'll give them a try. I've lost my weight using mostly my treadmill, but I think I really need to do something new. Over the summer I was able to do long bike rides, so maybe a stationary bike will help.

I feel so backwards and behind with my lap-band :tongue2: Still trying to find good restriction. I saw my surgeon last week, he put back 2cc's, and I have another appointment in 3 weeks, so *maybe* by then I'll have some control over this hunger. I'm still really having a hard time with this. :wub:

Still hangin' in there with everyone...

My weekend exercise:

Sat - 30 min on treadmill and 30 minutes of circuit weight training.

Today - 4 hours of downhill skiing - this was my first time skiing EVER in my life other than the time 2 years ago I went and had a panic attack and couldn't get on the lift. I was sooooo proud of myself.

As for my shifts, it is totally legal... unfortuntely. I'm not allowed to work more than 30 hours straight. This week is awful.

Monday - 9 hour day

Tues - Wed - 30 hour shift

Thurs - 9 hour day

Friday - 24 hour shift

Sunday - 24 hour shift

I'm hoping to get to the gym on Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, since those are the only days I'm not at the hospital overnight...wish me luck - I may not have a chance to write for a few days.

EEKS, Anna. What a grueling schedule!

I was at the Y this morning - did 25 min upper body with weights, 30 min ellipti-kill! OW!!!

Good morning all. I had a bad exercise weekend but I'm ready to get back at it. This morning should be interesting since the speaker on my computer is out for some reason. Gonna see how well I know my workout since I won't be able to hear a thing. LOL

Go team, go!!!

Yesterday:

10 Miles on stationary bike, 36:45

Today:

Treadmill, 30:00 1.75 miles. Slow I know but I didn't want to wake up this morning but I did but was sluggish (3 am).

:thumbdown:* Oh well, as long as I do it!

Later today:

10 miles on stationary bike. Today is day three of 100 miles in 10 days challenge.

After this week I am going to change my schedule as follows:

M-F

4 am Treadmill... hopefully get back up to 5k... taking forever... grrr...

6 pm Stationary bike 10 miles

MWF

Calisthenics and weight training (following stationary bike).

Weekends off!! I need to rest my body, and I need more time for leisure and play. :-D

LilMiss,

I ran a 5K on Thanksgiving, and then a couple of days later beat that speed of 38:00 by 2 minutes. Ever since then, though, I've not improved on my speed, in fact, there are times I run a 16 minute mile! It's bothered me and I've wondered why I'm not getting stronger and faster. I think I've been doing it wrong. I've been running 3.1 every time I go because I've made it that far in my distance before, so I felt like I needed to keep doing that much.

In the meantime I've decided to start training for a half marathon. I entered all my info into this calculator. What I learned is that it's okay to do easy (shorter) runs once a week and that you should rest for two days before doing the long runs. I've backed off of trying to run 3.1 miles every time I run and I'm doing more like 2 miles, 2 miles, 3 miles. It will increase week by week, but it's working well so far.

Anyway, maybe that will help you figure out the best way to approach running for yourself so that you're meeting your goals. It's sure empowering, this running, isn't it?

I did my exercise today right before lunch. I ran 2 miles on the hard treadmill at the fitness center. It was harder than the 3 miles I ran last time on the easier treadmill. Oh well, I'm all that much stronger for enduring through it.