Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you exercise today?

I was a bad girl. I should have known that attempting to fit exercise in after the day gets going is not gonna happen. Once I woke up again, hubby was home from his men's group at church and things got really chaotic. No excuses this morning! I'm off to workout before I get the papers together for the mortgage broker.

We found a house!!! Been looking for only a month and we found one we loved, in our price range, in a great location. We put in a low bid and they countered at exactly what we were hoping to pay. We accepted! Yay! Now it's just tons of paperwork, inspections, shopping and praying nothing goes wrong between now and close on Feb. 12th. Planning to have a romantic dinner with the hubby on our new dining room set in our new home for Valentines day. It's so good that some wonderful things have been able to happen for him during all this cancer hell.

Oh Ezma, I am sincerely SOOOOO happy for you!

(Not about missing the exercise, but about finding the perfect house!). I also marvel at your plan to eat V-day dinner on your table 2 days after closure! Me, I'd probably still be looking for a table......

Congrats, Ezma! That is great news!

I was going to type that I'm not going to exercise today because my shoulder hurts but it sounds so lame. I may have to reconsider my decision. ;) I feel like I need a day off today anyway, so we'll see.

Congratz Ezma on the new house! ;) That is so exciting. I hope you and your hubby have a wonderful romantic dinner in your new home, it sounds like you both deserve it. That's a great way to start out living in a new home! I hope your hubby is feeling much better. It sounds like you've been through so much. Time to relax and enjoy the good things in life, you are not a "bad girl" for missing some exercise. Give yourself a much needed break. I wish you the best! :(

I'm taking it easy myself today - did my treadmill yesterday for my usual 2.5 miles (still can't up it yet, but I'm working on it), but later that day I went to the dentist, and had to have oral surgery to remove a back molar tooth. I'm kinda sore today, and on some strong medication, so I'm gonna let the exercise slide today and take it easy. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, and I'll back up and jogging away again!

Ezma! Congrats on the house! I hope you get your VDay dinner, that would be super nice!!

Okay, last night I did my 10 miles on my stationary bike in 37:40, and I did my TM this morning 2.2 miles in 31:50. Getting better!!

I myself am looking forward to a day off. I haven't had a workout day off in over a month I think. I finish up my 10 day / 100 miles challenge on Monday. I think after that I am going on the 5 day pouch test to shrink up my pouch and taking a few days off. I won't have the energy to anyway, because of the little food and calories.

Oh well, sounds good!

I did get my workout in yesterday. Yay! Guess I really do have to do it first thing in the morning. So as soon as I'm finished posting here I'm off to do it again today.

Another good thing is that I'm back to tracking my food. It really does help me stay on track and lose. Close to having the 12 pounds I gained off again.

Looks like many of us took a day off. Hope we all stay inspired. We can do it 'cause we are..... Victorious Valentines!

No days off for me so far - still have a way to go to goal, and really want to achieve it....despite my eating frenzies!

Today - 20 minutes on traps and tri's with weights, then 30 min tm at variable speeds and inclines.

I hated every minute of it, but I did my full t-tapp workout tonight from 10:30-11:20 p.m. Ugh. If I hadn't had such a bad eating day today I wouldn't have pushed myself. And if you guys weren't so darn reliable! :( Thanks for the motivation.

I'm loving the motivation here, you all are wonderful! :)

I made 3 miles on my treadmill yesterday! Almost back to 5K (3.2 miles) . . . 5K just sounds so much better :) I really broke into a sweat, I had my t-shirt wet. Feelin' the burn. I even lost a pound, so that's motivating. I've been plateaued ever since the feeding frenzy of the holidays.

Gonna keep up the 3 miles today, and do some steps for a half hour. This last bit weight is really gonna fight me to come off, and I'm gonna give it the fight! :reddevil: Still fightin' the dang hunger too . . . everyday it's a challenge, who's gonna win? I so want to! Can't wait for my next fill.

Hang in there everyone! :banghead:

Good job, Rhapsody! I think a 5K is only 3.1 miles, so you were really close today.

I'm training for a half-marathon and today was my long run for this week. I did 4 miles on the treadmill. I've never done more than about 3.5, so it was my furthest distance yet. Yay! Next week will be Monday run 2 miles, Wednesday run 3 miles, Saturday run 5! It's only up and up and up from here. I think I'm crazy, but if I can do it I'll be so happy.

Have a good Sunday. I'll check in on Monday.

Good job ShinyHappyMommy! If 3.1 miles are 5K, then I did that on Saturday. :w00t: I can't run though, I've tried it and I last about 3 or 4 minutes, and I have to slow the the treadmill down, or I'll fall off, lol. I am jogging, so now that I have my distance goal, I'll try and work on picking up some speed.

Good luck with your training, and congrats on the 4 miles! The marathon sounds fun, I know you'll be telling us how well you did. :) You are definitely not crazy for this - exercise is not only good for weight loss, it's good for the mind and the soul. Go for it! :wink2:

WOW! Everyone is doing wonderfully well! YAY team!

Yesterday I shoveled. Again. Have I mentioned that I spend a lot of time shoeveling? ^##%^%^ snow!!! I shoveled for about 40 minutes, then said, that's it, no more.

Today - at the Y and at the weights by 6. Worked biceps and chest muscles, then went on the TM - did 2 miles. LilMiss and Shiny - you two have inspired me to try running. although my 2 miles today were more like walking and speed walking:bored: But using LilMiss' logic: first get the distance, and then work at reducing the time. so, what's a good time for a 5k?

tapshoes,

Try the Couch to 5K program to get running. It worked really well for me. You can even skip ahead a little if you're starting off stronger than the base level.

I run fairly slowly and my 5k on Thanksgiving was 39:05. I'm up to 12 minute miles so it would be closer to 37 minutes now. I know that a lot of people are faster than that. You just have to look at where you are.

I'm checking in to report my 2 miles run this afternoon. :scared2:

Did my leg workout with weights at the Y then onto the treadmill....I wanted to start off knowing how far I could run (at a steady pace). I managed to run just over a mile at 4.5 mph...the sweat was pouring off me, and my legs were burning. I then slowed the tm down and walked another mile. So, my plan is now that I know my starting capability, I will work to improve starting with duration first; first run longer, then run faster.

I will check out the couch to 5 km site.

I really admire you guys. I'd love to run and have no idea why. I just find my body wanting to run when I go for walks or at different random moments during the day. I'm still a ways off from actually doing it but I'm getting closer each day. I'd guess a good time for me to start would be in another 50 pounds.

Off to workout now. I missed a couple days this weekend but I was shopping for 8-10 hours each day. Does that count? LOL

Have a great day.