Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded on January 13th?

Hello everyone... Andylou, I have not noticed any

stitches but now you have me wondering! I will definatly be checking this out tonight and let you know. Congrats on those 2lbs. that is a big accomplishment at this point in the game.

Adamsmom, I am with you on this yo yo weight loss. I have not been exercising either... it has been so cold her in Maryland that I just can't seem to get my dog outside. Not to mention my other one had 6 pups on Mon. and we lost one on Tues. so the kids have been a nervous wreck. I hope your house feels better soon.

I hope that we all get a good fill as I know I need it. I can eat anything all day long, I never seem full enough to stop eating. I think I am one of those people who has a more mental addiction to food and just like to eat at night :biggrin: Hopefully after my next apt. I will not be able to do that. I have cut way back and have been eating Jello, sf popsicles etc. but I am so hungry. I may not make it much longer.

Baylee - I too am a mental eater. Part of my problem is I just love everything about food. I love to watch cooking shows, read recipes, shop for groceries. You name it - I enjoy it. What a self learning process I am on!! I have bben excercising but I know it is not enough for any loss, maybe just enough to maintain. The weather has been 50 for the last two days but we will be back in the 30's by this weekend so walking is hard to do.

I only have one week till my fill so I am really ready for that.

My oldest son is now sick with what is either the early stages of Fifth Disease or Strep. He is going to the Dr. tomorrow, but the poor guy is miserable with fevers, headaches and sore throat:frown:

I think our fortitude has been tested quite a bit these last few weeks hasn't it?

WOW it seems everybodys household is sick! I'm sure mine is next! I hope eveybody gets to feeling better. We've been living in confinement I feel like! My 2 year old was a premie and still has some issues so when winter comes around we hide! I too have a mental addiction to food. The first week of the liquid diet before surgery I felt like I was having withdrawals and I'm not kidding! I was SOOOOO moody and it was all I could think about! I then realized it was a real problem. Everybody please update when you get your fill! I want to know how it goes. Have a good weekend everybody!

Hey ladies. I think my kids and I are now pretty much well. I could really use a fill, though, but I'm being good. I am down another pound this week. SOmehow I thought the weight loss would be a little quicker, but it's going in the right direction, so I should be glad about that, I suppose. I hope eberyone gets well--and congrats on the new puppies--post picures!

Hey Everyone! Hope all of your weekends have been good...We had a poker party at our home last night. I knew it would be a test for me. I am by no means a drinker but I do enjoy the occasional beer or mixed drink and what better time to test my will power than at at a munchie, beer drinkin poker party. I did great. I just kept telling myself that I did not want this to be the time that I overeat and PB so I kept myself in check. Drank my crystal light and only made one stop at he buffet table. I didn;t realize how stressed about he situation I was until the night was over. Luckily several of the people here are good friends and they knew about the surgery. One guest was a 23 year old that had breast enhancement and a Tummy Tuck the same week we had our surgery. She is very young, very judgmental and made a few off remarks. No matter the source it is still hard to hear. I gently remeinded her that we all make what we think are the best decisons for ourselves - be it WLS or plastic surgery, and that the worst thing we can do is sit in judgement of eachother. She was a little subdued after that. Glad I had this experience last night, but really gald that it is this morning!!

Amymoe--good for you hanging in there at the party, with all the food and drink. Shame on the 23 year-old to make comments--obviously, she has self esteem issues that;'s trying to project on you.

Hey everyone. I just weighed myself this morning, and I've lost 3.7 lbs in the past week. I had actually gained a pound in the past 3 wks. So that puts me at 13.6 lbs. That really excites me. I've been exercising at the hospital. The exercise physiologist nearly kills me. Since I'm 33 years old, I have to get my heart rate up to 160. I got it up to 156 the other night. I have a bone spur on my achilles tendon, and it hurts to walk. But I made it.

I haven't felt like I'm extremely hungry. I've wanted to eat just out of boredom or whatever. I don't know about you-all, but I don't feel like food is very satisfying right now. It's like whatever I eat, I'm disappointed with it after I eat it. Do any of you feel like that?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Maybell, first off-Congrats on the weight loss!:thumbup: I wish my program had a mandatory exercise component. I would be much better off. Secondly, I think I am just about rigfht there with you--about 14 pounds down since surgery, depending on the time of day, which scale, if I went to the bathroom, and how much clothing I'm wearing :).

I know what you mean about food not being all that fabulous anymore. SOmetimes I go hungry just trying to decide what I want to eat, and not being able to make up my mind because nothing sounds appetizing.

On another note: I just got subpeanored (sp) to testify in court next week. I am a vice principal and last year I reported a parent for beating his 7 year old with the buckle end of a belt. the little boy was covered in welts, cuts, bruises, and blisters from the middle of his back to behind his knees. He was purple and black all over! He was taken into protective custody from my school and never went back home. His parents were arrested and the case is finally going to trial. The DA called me his morning and told me I have to testify against the father. I am so nervous. That guy is a monster! On the one hand, I'm glad there will be justice because I never found out what happened to the little boy after he was taken away from my school, but I'm also scared of retribution from a very dangerous man. This could drive me to eat!

Adamsmom - whatever support you need - we will all be here for you. You should be very proud of yourself for standing up for this child in the first place. I don't blame you a bit for feeling nervous about this situation, but you had the strength to turn him in you will find the strength the see this thru.

My goodness, Adamsmom! That would probably drive me to eat too. I can't imagine having to testify against anyone in court. But I'm glad to know you are, for that little boy's sake. When my mother married my father she made him promise to never whip any children they may have with a belt, because she had received that kind of treatment as a child. How awful. Hang in there, I'll be thinking of you.

Glad to hear about your wight loss, that is great!! I have been nibbling and you are right, nothing tastes the same?

Maks you wonder what they did to our taste buds :lol:

Adamsmom, sorry to hear about your upcoming trial. My parents took in foster children when I was growing up from the state who needed some place safe to go it is so hard for the kids, be brave and I am sure everything will go great. You should feel great knowing that the child is probaly alot happier/healthier because of you.

I have not been on the scale in a few days, I go for a fill on Monday (next week) and I am waiting till then. I need to get my exercise under control. I was doing great but one of our pups took a turn for the worse so now I am tube feeding him every 3 hours and I am exhausted, I need to start taking naps to get my energy back up.

Baylee, sorry about your puppy. I too am an animal lover and feel you strain! I'm jealous that youget to have a fill so soon. I have to wait until March 6th for my first one!

Adamsmom, I really admire you for standing up to that monster. When you testify don't be scared, the defense attorney will try and intimidate you and make you mix up your words. Just stick to the facts and you will be great. I have had to testify in a couple of cases and the attorney will act like your friend and then when he starts asking you questions he will turn into a real A**.

I went to the Dr. today and have lost 25 pounds total (including pre-op):lol: Best thing though he told me I could eat regular food but take it slow. I feel really lucky that I have restriction without a fill yet. The worst thing for me now is I have terrible heartburn:cursing: I am popping antacids like crazy.

Have a great day and continued good luck with this journey

Congrats Burgygirl:thumbup: That is an awesome accomplishment. I hope I will great numbers like yours to post next week ?? I am hungry all the time, I feel like I could eat a horse so I am hoping once I get my fill next week, I will feel some restriction. I am going out to dinner with my in-laws on V-Day and am so nervous We are going to Ruth Chris.... I am hoping to eat some chicken. I hope it all goes well.