Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded on January 13th?

Hi all! I still have not lost any this whole week but have not gained any either! Baylee im sure its temporary and that first fill will feel so good (after the fact, that is). I'm a little nervous about the first fill even though mine isn't till march. What if the port is flipped, will the PA that does it know what he's doing, and a needle in my stomach doesn't sound to pleasant. I can't wait! I too have baggy clothes and people are noticing! thats always encouarging! I kind of wish I would have measured just to keep track of inches. Adamsmom- do you still feel restriction since you only get 800 cal in a day? I feel no restricion, but just try to limit what I eat. GRRRRRR

Lively- also thanks for posting about the soda!!!! I too loved my diet coke and was wondering abt drinking just a little sip but now I know! Sorry you had to experience it, but thanks for sharing!

Well ladies, I gotta brag! I went to the post office this morning and ran into a good friend. The last time I saw her was at her party on Christmas Eve. I am down 18 pounds since then. Like I have said before, there are only about 4 people in the world who know I had WLS. This friend was not among those 4. The first thing she said when she saw me was, "Girl, you've lost weight!" I told her my secret and now she wants my information so she can do the same. :thumbup:

Hi everyone... THANKS for the encouraging words... and I am having my huy do my measurements tonight ! Thanks for the web-site CherBear, I have been visiting it everyday and have been learning a lot. I will be honest, I am not eating right :tongue2: I need to consume my Protein first and lay off the Snacks. I am SOOO hungry. I can not wait for my first fill. I am very scared also about the port etc. and am hoping for the best. I am going to make this band work for me and I am starting a new exercise and routine first thing in the a.m. WISH me luck and I will keep you all posted.

Adamsmom I hope you feel better and congrats on those stubborn 2lbs... I am jealous :cheated:

The Protein first really does make a difference. In the morning I have been doing srambled eggs, but this morning I did a pancake. I have been "snacky" all day. I had some soft cheese and shaved ham but let me tell ya if I could have licked the paint off the walls I probably would have:tongue:

The weekend has been rough. My youngest who is 4 came down with stomache flu I told you all about. He started vomiting around 6 on Friday and he threw up every hour unitl 7am. I have sanitized this house like no bodies business but I am terrified of getting that flu. It is making its way like wildfire through our valley:scared2: I have the go ahead to start real foods. I am a little nervous, but I have been craving taco's for two months now so that is what I am making tonight!

Adamsmom - how nice that someone noticed your loss!! It was also kind of you to share your story with her.

Amy--hope your baby feels better soon. Keep him hydrated! My 2 boys will go back to school tomorrow, and hopefully their schools won't call me in the middle of the day to pick them up! My 3rd grader was sent home on Monday at noon with a fever and never made it back all week. He had a fever as recently as last night, but seems better today. My 14 year old missed Thursday and Friday and he's still not 100% either, but because of 2 days absence, his English grade went from an A to an F. WTF? I taught middle school English for years and would never have done that to a kid!:tongue2:

I am feeling better too--still coughing and a little weak, but I'll soldier on! The weather continues to be beautiful in California, so I was able to get out and prune more rose bushes this afternoon--I think I did about 12 of them. It should take me one more sunny weekend to get all of my roses pruned.

My husband ordered a pizza. He had a craving. My oldest kid won't tough pizza. My youngest is allergic to dairy. I ate the cheese off the top of one slice. HEAVEN! And Bill ate 2 slices. Now there's a huge pizza in the fridge!

You're welcome Baylee:smile:. what I have been doing is drinking a Protein shake in the morning and eating 1/3 cup of oatmeal or 1 egg or yogurt. I lost 3 lbs this week. I am on my treadmill for 20 min M-F and on saturday & sunday I am on it for 45 min to make up for during the week cause of working and not having much time.

Amymoe: I hope you youngest gets better soon.

Oh yea Baylee on last thing good luck on your new exercise and routine.

Adamsmom: I have been wanting pizza for a week now. I am sure the was a hard challange for you. I had one the other day when my boss took us out for chineese food and i love chineese food. The only thing i could have is mushies and squishes so i had egg drop Soup nothing there was squishie or mushy:frown:.

Good night all!

Hi ladies hope everyones weekend was ok and for those who are sick or have kids that are not feeling well. I completely understnad since this weekend I was really sick and on top of that my 7 yr old was too. So it was difficult but learned some cool information from a friend and think I might try and Well let me share the secret. She got the Lap band 4 mths ago and she told me she is taking these pills from herbal life that are helping tighten her skin. she does excercise but definately not as much as anyone here. I saw her in a dress a few weeks back and she looks great. She is going to call me today with the name I figured I would try it. I will let everyone know. Also she said that do to the lack of calorie intake she noticed her hair and nails were getting brittle and was told by another person whom too got the lapband to take aloe vera pills. Well those are the little tips I learned this weekend. I figure this is helpful since this to will be something we will encounter soon.

Hi everyone... I hope everyone's little ones are feeling better. I am keeping my fingers crossed we are expecting more snow tomorrow and the bug has been moving around school.

Today is my little guys 9th birthday and we are going out for dinner!! Has anyone tried shrimp yet? I am on soft foods, so I can have that and crab etc. but my Dr. said some people have a lot of trouble with shrimp. I am trying to plan ahead, also what about salad? I really feel like I have no restriction... I have had no problems yet and I am still hungry after I eat the prescribed amount. But I do not want to get out in public and get stuck. I know several of you are father along than I with food and have great advice.

Cherbear you are doing awesome with your weight loss... you are really sticking to the plan with your diet and exercise

you are truly motivating!!

I am scheduled for my first fill on Feb. 12th but I need to call and re-schedule as my daughter has her History Fair that day and I really want to attend. (her first year in Middle school) I never get invited to school anymore so I want to take FULL avantage.

I hope evryone has a great day and I am going to EXERCISE!! :w00t:

Amymoe and Andylou, thanks for the tips and encouraging words. I did eat my Protein first this morning so I am hoping this will help.

Lively, I have wanted an xs drink sooo bad but it is carbonated and I have been very scared :-) Sorry you had such a hard time, but thanks for posting your results. It is great that we can all learn from each other, we are like little test buddies (hehe) Let me know what you find out from your friend, I would like to keep my hair as long as possible :w00t:

Good morning, ladies. Yikes, we dropped back to the 2nd page. We better get posting! I've been busy and my kids are still not completely well. Somehow I gained back the 2 pounds I lost, so I'm pretty annoyed about that. I know I'm not supposed to worry about weight loss until after my 1st fill, but that's not until March 6th for crying out loud!:cursing: I hope I don't start slowly gaining!

Adamsmom - I hope your kids get well soon. I hate it when kids are sick.

I have fianlly dropped 3lbs. I am like you, I know that we are not supposed to worry about weight loss, but I just can't help it! I get my first fill on the 12th.

I tell ya one thing I have learned about myself is that I have to keep busy. The minute I stop I want to snack. I do just fine at work, but in the evening I really have to watch it

Hi Ladies,

Haven't heard from some of you in a few days. My weight keeps going back and forth with the same 2 pounds, which is very discouraging. I have not been exercising since I've been ill because my energy is so low and all I want to do after an 11 hour work day is go to bed. How is everyone else doing?

Hey all, I have finally lost 2 lbs and I don't know how. Haven't really changed anything. Hope everyone is doing good. Has anybody else noticed little clear stiches sticking out of their incisions after the scab falls off? 4 out of the 6 incisions have them just poking out a few mm. I googled it and it looks pretty common so I'm not to worried about it just wondered if any of you guys have noticied it.