Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded on January 13th?

Cherbear 75 i hope all goes well on ur appt. I am sure medicine will make it better and u will be fine. Its good that u r on top of it. Good luck tomorrow and stay out of the snow

Lively- u feel like your able to eat pretty much any thing?? I think i'm getting scared about the streched pouch that the doctor talked about, but surely its just the swelling going down. I don't get it!!!! I am still on mushies but I eat what I should and then still feel hungry.Just don't feel full after what I used to. GRRRR!!!!

Hi Everyone!

Happy belated 2 week anniversary!

Hubby and I are still doing great, still havent weighed, we are going to wait until our first dr's appt 2-3.

We are both healing well and feeling great!

Hello Everybody! Well I am still on mushies also. I am ok with it. I am nervous about eating to much ans stretching the pouch also. I am finding that if I listen to my body, I am really not physically hungry. Mentally is another story. food has been SUCH go-to for me. If I don't stay busy, that is where my mind goes. The good news is that I continue to improve my blood sugar everyday. I really thought that I would be this progressed with weaning off my insulin in a few months - not a few weeks! That was really my motivating factor for this surgery. The weight is icing on the cake. My incisions are healing well. I swear I can feel the band. I had my husband feel, and he thinks that he can feel it too. I didn't think you were supposed to be able to actually feel it?:bored: Maybe I am just be a little bit of a worrier. I am going to read a couple of my books tonight and maybe call the Dr. tomorrow.

Glad everyone's doing well. My 8 year old has been sick with a fever for 3 days. I caught what he has and developed bronchitis. Well, let me tell you: when you cough hard it hurts the band area like #@~!!!* I am aching again similar to right after the surgery. I feel like I ripped something in there!:scared2:I will need to get into my PCP tomorrow to get some antibiotics and cough med w/ codeine--only thing to stop my cough

O.K. I am loosing my mind here!! I am so hungry and since I have been on mushies (god bless America) I have put on 4lbs??? IS anyone else having this problem. I can eat anything and I am still hungry. I can not wait for a fill. I do find though that if I take a BIG bite it kinda gets stuck in my throat.. I keep reminding myself small bites.. but it is hard!

I am working on it though :)The kids went back to school today 2 hours delayed and I have not exercised all week, I just do not have the motivation. I need to gt on the ball.

I am with you I can feel my band.. or I think I can, and YES when I cough I feel like I have ripped my insides out.. I went to see the movie Mall Cop because someone on here mentioned it.. well do not laugh with this thing in your tummy because you feel like you are dying. I KNOW it will pass I am just bummed over gaining 4 lbs :thumbup:

Cherbear I hope all went well at the Dr.s and Adamsmom I hope you feel better !!

Adamsmom: I'm so sorry to hear you're sick. I hope you're feeling better soon. I had bronchitis around Thanksgiving, and it's bad enough without just having surgery!!

AmyMoe: I totally hear you on the mentally feeling hungry thing. I'm doing better with it though. I accidentally ate too much one night, and it was really awful. It was like I couldn't stop myself, because after not having much other than puddings, Jello, Protein Shakes, etc. my mashed potatoes with cream of mushroom soup-flavored with beef broth from a roast--was so good, I ate too much of it. I nearly got sick, and I was quite miserable for a long time. So I've been trying to make sure I eat much less. My husband will also say, "I think you better wait a while before eating any more." At first I was a bit annoyed at him for saying that, but I know he's just trying to help, and I swallowed my pride and thanked him for saying that.

I can't physically feel my band on the outside, but I can definitely tell it's there otherwise. But I can feel my port under my skin. Mine is about 2 inches above my belly button. It still hurts when I bend over, but other than that I don't have much pain at all with any of my incisions.

I've only lost 10.7 lbs. I've been staying about the same for about a week. I'm really ready to start losing more! I don't feel like I'm hardly eating anything at all--maybe that's the problem?

Well, I'm going to be gone for several days. I'm going to something called "The Forum" in Cincinnati Ohio. It's supposed to help me improve my way of thinking, among other things. My husband went a while back, and he has changed a lot. So I hope everyone has a great weekend!:)

Maybell

Hello everyone,

I just came back from Dr Garcia's office and he checked my incision and asked me if there was red around my incision because it does not look that bad, I told him yes there was and that is why i called the office. He told me to keep taking the meds till it is gone and i will be ok. YAY!!! However my first fill date is 2/25/09 I told them by then I will be able to eat a elephant in one sitting because I am so hungry.

Baylee: Like I said i am hungry as well, and I found myself eating too fast and i also keep telling myslf to slow down. Your right it is not easy to try and slow down espically when you are so use to eating fast. I lose 2 pounds then gain it back again. I know you don't have the motavation to excerise, but you really need to just hop right to it. The excerise is the important part. It will speed up your metabolism. I found this website and maybe it will be helpful to you Lap Band Surgery, Your Journey to Weight Loss Sucess. This web site gives you info on diets, erosion, slippage, bmi, excerise and much more. Let me know what you think.

I can feel my port on my right side it bothers me sometimes when I bend over, but other than that I am good.

Adamsmom: Get better soon!

Adamsmom - I am so sorry you are not well. I am hoping for a speedy recovery for you. The stomache flu is going around and I am TERRIFIED of getting it - lots of vomiting!

I think that we are all in a time of transition except this time we can't just go bakc to our old habits and comfort zones. Ladies, we are strong. It took guts to make the decisions we did to have this surgery. Remember what I told you about journaling the reasons you did this so you could look back in the tough times? Those times are now. I say this as I know I will fight a battle at about 8 oclock tonight with the snackies, but I am also listening to my two precious children and that is the gentle reminder I need. I made them, I can change...

That also being said, I am very grateful to all of you and our chats. I feel like I want you all to suceed so much that I have to stay accountable too. I can't tell you "Go excercise" or "don't eat that" if I am not willing to do the same, so thank you.

Today I ate 4 spoons of rice and 3 bites of chicken but I also went ahead and took a swig of soda. Well girls that full feeling we all is miss is there right after that swig of soda and then came the feeling of wanting to pb badly. So far its messed up my last hour. Lesson dont drink soda! Ever! Should have listened. I feel horrible.

Also forgot to say not only do I feel horrible I started coughing this am so I feel like my band wants to pop out my belly Jesus not a good day for me

Lively, sorry about your soda experience. Thankfully, I am not a soda drinker. If I drink 3 sodas in a year, that's a lot. SO, I won't be missing it.

My kids and I have all been sick with fevers and bronchitis. We're all on antibiotics, nebulizer treatments, and cough medication. The weigtht still hasn't budged, but it can't be from too many calories. I'm barely getting in 800 calories a day.

I was thinking that we all could be loosing some inches right now but retaining muscle from working out. This could be a possibility. It seems to me that my clothes are getting a bit baggy but not too much. This is just something to think about.

Finally! A 2lb loss for the week! With as little as I'm eating, I would have hoped for a bit more, but I'll take it. Cherbear--you're right about the inches lost, I am feeling it in my clothes and have even worn an outfit this week that I couldn't wear at my heaviest because the tops of my arms were too wide to fit into the jacket properly. Now it fits just right, so that's a plus! :thumbup:

Balylee, hang in there--I'm sure the weight gain is temporary. I am eating normal foods in tiny amounts. I think I get in around 800 calories a day, and I am doing the stationary bike for 30 minutes/4-6 times per week. After having the scale pretty much stand still for a week, I finally saw a 2 pound loss today. It's frustrating because I am eating less than my 8 year old and only losing 2 pounds in a week. But I am happy for the loss. I think our bodies have been through a lot of upheaval, what with surgery and the drastic change to our diet. We're probably just adjusting to the new lifestyle. Hang in there!