Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Still trying to figure it out?

Hey all,

Just wondering for those of you who have lost the weight what type of meal plans do you try to follow?Do you eat 3 meals no Snacks or 3 meals/2 snacks? Do you measure your food or just try to listen to your body's signals?

I'm almost 7 weeks out and still trying to figure it out.I have had only one fill of .5cc.Sometimes I feel restriction and sometimes I dont.It's hard to balance being patient between trying not to overeat and yet feeling satisfied?Hope this makes sense.I gather from what I've read on here that this is a learning process and no two journeys are the same.But some advice from those who have gone on before would help?

Thanks!!:tongue2:

I follow 3 meals and only had a snack if I was hungry. I would typically have one low-cal snack (sometimes just veggies) after dinner because that is when I was hungry again. At first I started measuring food but now I just go by feel and I know how much I can eat by the signals in my stomach.

I have never been much of a Breakfast eater, and some people feel tighter in the am. Weekdays, when working, I usually have a Protein shake for starters (I like Worldwide Protein shakes, available in 5 flavors at Vitamin Shoppe). If I want a little more I have a small can of V8. I take them to work and have them while working. If I am really hungry I will add a yogurt and sometimes a bit of Cereal. I get stuff from Kay's Naturals (kaysnaturals.com) because they come in small bags, making it easy to pack for work. When I get hungry for lunch I might have a dish of a Mexican recipie I like (kind of a tex mex dip), or a crustless pizza (another of my own creation--none of the bread but all the toppings) or one Lean pocket, or turkey rollups(98% fat free turkey lunchmeat with a slice or two of fat free cheese and a little mustard, rolled up without bread), sometimes a salad with chicken and light dressing. Different people have different tolerances for food, so it is a bit of trial and error. Snacks I tend to make part of my meal (I have enough trouble working in all the Water they want you to drink, so I hardly have time for snacks), but either way, Kay's Naturals has Protein chips, pretzels, cereal. I get my Snacks from them. Keeps me out of potato chips.

I use glucosamine/chondroitin, and the makers of Cosamin DS make a Power Pack that you can mix with Water like Crystal Light. That forces me to drink a 16.9 oz bottle of water to help with my water quota.

On the weekends if I sleep in some, I might have a real Breakfast of Cheerios with an apple cut up on it, or some dried Cranberries (dried fruit is high in sugar, but Craisins has 100 cal packs out, so I get them--it helps me control how much I add to the cereal). When I do this I usually only do 2 meals and maybe one snack.< /p>

I do carry a snack with me, in case I am hungry and can't eat for a while. I looked around for something easy, and Kashi TLC bars (some protein, Fiber, and lowest in sugar of all the bars I looked at) that I get at costco in a bulk pack is what I carry. One of them will take the edge off without wrecking my eating plan. A lot of Protein Bars are loaded with sugar, so investigate before you invest.

Hope this helps.

Edited by PATCHELTON

Thanks for all the info & tips!! It really helps.I'm gonna try the bars,I had been looking for a Protein Bar as I'm not a big fan of the Protein Shakes and I did notice all the calories & sugar........so thanks for that tip.All you that have suceeded are SUCH an inspiration to those of us new to the struggle...Thanks!!:tongue2:

Hi HeatherO,

Is this your first baby? Were you scared to get pregnant after you lost all your weight?? Congratulations on both your sucesses!! The weightloss & the new baby!!:tongue2:

Hi HeatherO,

Is this your first baby? Were you scared to get pregnant after you lost all your weight?? Congratulations on both your sucesses!! The weightloss & the new baby!!:tongue2:

This is my second, but since my first is 16 years old . . . it is almost like my first all over again.

I have been scared to regain, especially with a mostly empty band . . . but so far it has only been 2-3 pounds since September so I am good to go. Banding has even been a blessing for me empty, lol. I have been very lucky.