Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January bandsters our time is coming!!!

Ok im getting my band on the 20th. im soooo excited! I dont have to do the liquid diet, but im going to start it Monday. Can someone tell me how to do the ticker or whatever its called? Hope everyone is doing good. And Kawasaki I did love Dr. Pepper like 10 yrs ago, and i dont know how i changed to coke. Must be just living in GA or the South. Coke is huge here. Good luck to everyone. And THANKS for the suggestions and support.

hi

i just found out that i will not be getting banded on jan 22 after all. my insurance requires 6 months instead of 3 months so i have another 3 to go. i will be getting a date in late march so i will getting banded around that time. im a little upset but im getting over it. i will still be checking in on the jan bandsters too see how everyone is doing.

Sorry to hear about your delay -- one way to look at it is 3 motnhs to lose even more weight before the procedure!!

Teresah - welcome to the January 15th club! Not sure if anyone has started a thread for us, but I will go check now!!

Hey Kawasaki chick, I just noticed that you and I will be banded on the same day. I dont know about you,but im sooo excited!! 9 days left! My pre-op is the 13th @ 7:30am.UGHHHHHH. I guess I will find out then if I have to do the liquid diet for a week. Glad Im not the only one with the Surg date of Jan 20th!! Keep me posted.

Nikki

Atlanta GA

Hey Kawasaki chick, I just noticed that you and I will be banded on the same day. I dont know about you,but im sooo excited!! 9 days left! My pre-op is the 13th @ 7:30am.UGHHHHHH. I guess I will find out then if I have to do the liquid diet for a week. Glad Im not the only one with the Surg date of Jan 20th!! Keep me posted.

Nikki

Atlanta GA

Hey Nikki - I didn't notice that before! There is one other of us too, Her screen name is NewLifeBegins2009 I think LOL

Yes I am super excited! I was literally just talking to my hubby about it! ONE WEEK!! I am officially geeking out :thumbdown:

I think more or less just ready to get this show on the road! I'm excited to see what happens...

I have a nutrition class and a preop meeting w/my Dr. and my anesthesiologist this week and that's it! I start my Clear liquids on Friday...

Don't worry I'll keep you posted, I just started a blog too, the link is on my sig.

Hope all is well, talk to ya soon!

highlight the box under all the ticker info that looks like a bunch of letters...then right click to COPY. Then PASTE under your signature. See if that helps.

Hey Nikkisix and Kawasaki, I'm joining you next Tuesday!! I'm so excited! I was scheduled for the 27th but my doctor just rescheduled today for the 20th! 2 day liquids for me.

I still have a bunch of little things to take care of. this change is a bit overwhelming, but I am so excited to finally be here!

All my apts. are done! I just need to buy my chewable Vitamins and those gas strips everyone's talking about. anything else that I have to get? I can't believe it's finally here!

Good luck and keep posting!!

I just need to buy my chewable Vitamins and those gas strips everyone's talking about. anything else that I have to get? I can't believe it's finally here!

I recommend a bottle of liquid Tylenol and a sippy cup. There are sippy cups that don't look too childish. I found one that looks like a small purple travel coffee mug.

You can leave the Tylenol at home, but take the sippy cup if you stay overnight. If not, leave it for when you get home. It helps you control how much liquid you swallow at first. It's much too easy to take an adult-sized mouthful of liquid and find out it causes you discomfort.

You won't need the sippy cup for long, but it sure is nice while you do need it.

Lena

Day 8 of the liquid diet...so far so good and depending on what scales I weigh in on I have lost 10-15# just doing this diet for 8 full days. Feel great although if I don't bring enough "free foods" with me to work I am a little light headed after8-9 hours work. Went to the grocery last night for my post-op foods and as not even tempted to buy junk...amazing how quickly you can re-think thigs. Surgery is in 24 hours...exactly. 9am 1/15/09. I am so excited to continue this journey and so thankful I found this website so i have the support of my "sisters in arms". Love you all...:rolleyes:

Cool Liz!!! Im glad you and Kawasaki are going the same day as me. I to am nervous,but im excited as well. Its strange how just in the last few weeks since i started this that i have changed. I gave up coke, if my husband or daughter eat something sweet in front of me, I DONT EVEN CARE. I hope we all go through surgery just fine. Oh what are the gas strips? And I dont have to do the liquid diet, i just have to drink shakes 3 times a day. You guys should try Bolthouse Protein drinks!! They are yummy, and sorta like Starbucks. Walmart and Publix have them in the cold juice section, or by the orange juice.

Nikki

Thanks....and good luck tomorrow!!!

Good luck all you who are going in tomorrow! I am 1 week post op and feeling great. I get full on 1/2 can of Soup (liquefied) !! That has never happened to me before. When 1/2 can of Soup was a joke,, and I needed at least 2 cans to feel like I had eaten.

I must say I am living as a different person this week. Enjoying the various taste of juices, savoring each baby spoonful of mashed vegetables. I am having an awsom time. I just took a 30 minute walk around my neighborhood. I feel great and I've lost 7 lbs!

I should have done this years ago.... oh well, this is my year! And ours! God be with you ladies, I will be praying for your speedy recovery.

Glenda, that is so awesome!!! I am proud for you. Hope it goes that well for me...T-minus 19 hours...