Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

im gaining it all back !!!

I feel that when i get the fill it works for a few days, maybe 3 and then i can eat freely. i have put on 50 pounds back after losing 150, i had a scan and they said i have streched it. anyway i can fix it? any suggestions?

You might try the 5 day pouch test diet to shrink your stomach again. Might have to do it longer than five days. But it is all about Portion Control. And choices. We all struggle. Don't give up!

You can restore your pouch by going on liquids for a while and being unfilled can work too.

Now, as to gaining weight. To do that, you really must be failing to listen to what your stomach is telling you. Try to recentre yourself, but I know that once youv'e fallen off the wagon, its very very hard to get back on.

do you exercise? Several times in my life, I've had reason to learn that one of the MAJOR benefits of exercise is not so much weight loss but it really really really gives you a lot of leeway when it comes to gain. If you're really exercising vigorously most days of the week, its very difficult to gain significant weight.

I find these days, I can get away weeks of poor eating before a pound will show up. Exercise for me is not related to being "good" in that I do it no matter what. If I've eaten badly, I dont quit exercising too.

I don't get it. I admit I'm relatively new to this (10 days banded) But I thought just an unfilled lapband prevents you from pigging out? That you'll vomit or PB or whatever if you eat more then a cup or so.

Is weight gain from eating ice creams and stuff that slips through the band? Or fast food? Or large meals?

I'd love to understand more.

I think you'll find when people gain weight, a lot of the time its from slider foods. For example, I can eat as many Cookies as I did preband, easily (dont ask me how I know that). I can eat a large popcorn at the movies easily (dont ask me how I know that either). Frothy confectionary coffees, ice cream, etc it all goes down easily and is fattening.

But that's not always the case, if the pouch is stretched out, it can happen with the best of intentions, and sometimes not from deliberate overeating. You can eat way too many solid foods if you eat often too. Sometimes people's bands just plain dont give restriction the way they're expected to.

Some people are compulsive overeaters and even the deterrant of vomiting is not enough to keep them from doing it.

Jacqui has some great words of wisdom. It is about calories in and calories expended. That is the bottom line. As much as I want to magically lost these last 30 pounds they won't just fall off. I know I need to get moving.

The pouch test is a smaller version of starting the lapband eating program over. liquids, mushies, soft and the firm foods. It also busts you loose from some of the foods that are supposed be on the bottom of our intake list...carbs, sweets, etc.

Remember, Proteins, veggies, first.

I always remind myself, I know what I need to do, I just need to do it.

To the original poster...

I have one suggestion that will help you immensely. Eat right!

You, and every other person on this board that asks the different variations of the same question needs to do some soul searching and answer some questions for yourselves.

Why did you take the step of getting banded in the first place? Did you honestly think the band would take care of it all without you having to make any changes whatsoever?

Just because you have a clamp on your stomach doesn't absolve you from making sound choices. The band is a thinking persons tool. You have to think about what you are feeding the tool. If you keep throwing junk at it, then it's not going to do one thing for you. Period.

If you put wise food choices in your mouth, and follow the rules of the band, then guess what? You too will lose weight and become healthier.

Most of us here on this board made the choice to be banded because we realized one thing -- we had finally reached the point of being sick and tired of being sick and tired. Just like any other addiction, until you reach that point, you're not ready to tackle the problem. We realized that if we kept on the course we were on, we were headed on a crash course with a 6 foot long box at a far too early date in our lives.

Ask any person here who has lost the weight and has been successful at keeping it off, or who is losing their weight successfully, and I'll guarantee you you'll get the same response -- they were sick and tired and ready for the change.

What does this decision mean to you? Do you really care about your health? Do you really want to see a difference in your life? If you do, then you'll start making wise food choices.

Nobody here can talk you through this. Nobody here can pat your back and tell you it will be OK. Fact is, it won't be OK until you decide it will be OK, and until you make that final, tough decision to change what you put in your mouth, then anything we have to say is beside the point.

I wish you all the success in the world.