Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Along with all the other post op stuff I got a little laminated card to present in restaurants saying "bearer of this card has had abdominal surgery please allow them to order of senior citizen or childrens menu" anyone use these do restaurants accept without making a big deal ? wondering for a few months time only banded Mon so food is a while a way

I got one also. I have never had anybody tell me no. I use it at outback and instead of paying $15.00 for a meal I get to pay $5.00! I joke with my husband that i'm now a cheap date :biggrin:. I've also used it at Cracker Barell and a couple of other places that have the healthier choice kids meals like grilled chicken. Everyone has been really nice about it.

The surgery group gave my wife one of these cards during her first follow-up visit. We have not went anywhere so far to try and use it since my wife has only been banded for a couple weeks. I think it is a really great idea that the surgery center provides this type of thing.

I received one and have never tried to use it. I'm not one that likes to draw attention to myself. At Cracker Barrell, anyone can order off the children's menu, so I will do that. And anywhere else, I'll order something really small, or I am a BIG fan of doggy bags. Love getting three meals for the price of one.

I think I love my vanity more than a meal discount. I wouldn't use the card, but I do take home some nice leftovers for one or two additional meals. I also share with my husband, so he now normally orders a smaller meal, and eats part of mine. I truly don't see anything wrong in using the card, it's just a personal feeling I have about using one myself.

I have one that I never used. I also don't like to draw attention to myself. I usually order a small salad and eat part of my dh's entree.

I have looked at the children's menu before in restaurants . . . and now I see why we are such an obese country. Options are like grilled cheese, macaroni and cheese, spaghetti, burgers and fries, chicken nuggets and fries, etc. There is not much healthy on most children's menus at most restaurants. Why is that???

I've never used mine either. I just order my food and ask for a takeout container at the same time. I put 2/3 of the food in the container and take home what will be two meals for me to eat later.

I received one of these cards, but never use it. We don't eat out.

I received one and have never tried to use it. I'm not one that likes to draw attention to myself. At Cracker Barrell, anyone can order off the children's menu, so I will do that. And anywhere else, I'll order something really small, or I am a BIG fan of doggy bags. Love getting three meals for the price of one.

I'm with you. Why would I tell anyone I have a band. I would be so embarrassed to go around town showing that card. I tell very few people. None of their business.

Along with all the other post op stuff I got a little laminated card to present in restaurants saying "bearer of this card has had abdominal surgery please allow them to order of senior citizen or childrens menu" anyone use these do restaurants accept without making a big deal ? wondering for a few months time only banded Mon so food is a while a way

My wife was given her card at her 6 week follow up as her surgeon didn't want her at restaurants before that. So far most restaurants are very accepting about it. Places like McDonald's no longer stop adults from ordering kids meals and I think a lot of restaurants just followed suit. Its the buffet places that might object, and so far they have been pretty good. I can think of a couple of them that I will look forward to visting (responsibly) in the future and I will definitely not be able to eat like I did and having the option to still visit them and the pricing will encourage me to do so. I think most restaurants few it as a good thing. It hasn't been a problem anywhere yet.

I am a BIG fan of doggy bags. Love getting three meals for the price of one.

You make a good point, we still go to restaurants that we did before, and are not bothered by asking for carry out containers. Congratulations on being so close to your goal. My wife is 2/3rds the way there and I've just started.

I'm with you. Why would I tell anyone I have a band. I would be so embarrassed to go around town showing that card. I tell very few people. None of their business.

With great respect for your opinion, I don't care what people I will never see again think. (within reason)

One of my favorite restaurants that is sort of a buffet style is called Mongolian BBQ. You can get some very healthy tasty choices, but its pricy. They also don't allow carry out, so I feel using the card here is a win/win for us and the restaurant.