Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Days out and starving...help

I was banded on thursday 12-18-2008. I do not feel any restrictions, but I am not hungary. I have had 2sugarfree jellos, one light yogurt, and some french onion broth. I ate the last Jello too fast and it felt a little like choking.

n2bater72

Hey there, You're not the only one! I was banded on the 19th dec, so just two days ago, physically I feel really well but my stomach is making the most outrageous noises. I may also start to knaw my own arm off can't wait til thursday so I can start on the mushies! Good luck everyone.

i have had really BAD BAD BAD dirareah yesterday and part of today,,,The noises my stomach is making is loud and scary.

hi, I was also banded on Dec 18th. I am not very hungry. Have lost 8 lbs. I am having trouble with shoulder and neck pains. I know that it is from surgery, but that knowledge doen't help the pain. I actully think that the pain keeps me from thinking about food. I am also having trouble remembering to drink all my liquids.

My dr wants me on Clear Liquids for 1 full week. I am feeling a little dizzy and think I should try at least 1 Protein shake a day even though that is not scheduled until after thursday.

The important question here is: Are you head hungry or tummy hungry? I am 11 months out and I remember the growling that went on after surgery and for a few days. I made icy thick Protein Shakes that made it feel like something substantial was actually going into my tummy, but would melt and maybe help the swelling at the same time. After about a week the panging stopped as it gets used to getting the shakes and broth and such. To me it felt like the bottom part of my tummy that was making all that rumbling, so I just said to myself, I have to fill that up too, So I drank more fluids, and then more fluids, more shakes. I kept my Protein up around 100grams for the first couple of weeks using shakes and fortified fudgesickles(pudding and cottage cheees and FF evap milk. Then more crystal light, more Water, I managed to get that EXTRA 80 oz in most days. the rumbling will subside. At this point it has been maybe 3 weeks since you have had any major carbs and bad food. Going cold turkey on your tummy puts that furnace in gear to burn more fat and so make sure you are doing as much walking as you can. use that tool, make it work for you, treat it nice. I was a 16/18 and now 6/8 down 65 lbs 10 to go to goal. Good luck!!:biggrin:

hi, I was also banded on Dec 18th. I am not very hungry. Have lost 8 lbs. I am having trouble with shoulder and neck pains. I know that it is from surgery, but that knowledge doen't help the pain. I actully think that the pain keeps me from thinking about food. I am also having trouble remembering to drink all my liquids.

My dr wants me on Clear Liquids for 1 full week. I am feeling a little dizzy and think I should try at least 1 Protein shake a day even though that is not scheduled until after thursday.

Have you tried pepperint Water for the trapped wind in your shoulder? I find it works really well and keeps Fluid levels up!

I went in for banding on 18th dec and after two hours of tryng to get through the adhesons they closd me up and a re going to triy agan on 13 Jan. I am tyng to stay on the preop diet which is beginning to make me rather bad tempered but dont want to undo all the good work I did pre op. I hav lost 15lbs a so far but have had some bad days of pain from the six wounds. I had a shocking day with wind yesterday as though I was going to have an attach of the upset tummy. I am wondering if anyone else has had a failed banding attempt and what the second attempt was like.

Mirand, why did they have to stop and will they try to enter back into the same cuts they already made so you don't end up with 12 scars?

I have quite bad adhesions from past surgery and in the process of trying to unravel the adhesions they cut into my stomach so that had to be stiched and needs to heal before the next attempt. I was warned there could be problems and I have the most wonderful surgeon but feel a little down hearted at this stage. yes I think he will use the same holes but I am finding it hard on the preop diet for so long 600 calories is not much,

I have quite bad adhesions from past surgery and in the process of trying to unravel the adhesions they cut into my stomach so that had to be stiched and needs to heal before the next attempt. I was warned there could be problems and I have the most wonderful surgeon but feel a little down hearted at this stage. yes I think he will use the same holes but I am finding it hard on the preop diet for so long 600 calories is not much,

Wow, only 600 liquid carolies a day? I'm sorry, it must be very tough but hang in there because the band is so worth it!

I went to my first followup and told the Doctor that I was super hungry and this liquid diet is pissing me off. He said it's because I have NO restrictions yet with my band.

The liquid is supposed to help your 'pouch' heal after surgery.

I was relieved to learn this was normal. He assured me that I will notice a signifigant difference my first fill. In 2 weeks!!

I have little will-power, so now I am clear to eat soft mushies. Hang in there!! :biggrin:

I have been feeling less hunger pains, but the noises coming from my stomach are amazing. I've never heard anythign like it. I think my stomach is pissed. But I am feeling better day by day! Thanks for you post.

I too was banded on 12/16 and I am 8 days post op today and I am so damn hungry that I feel like I could eat a cow. So, yes I feel the same way! I am also I say 90% recovered but I still have lingering shoulder/gas pain this was the worst part of the whole procedure for me was this gas pain other than that I am healing very nicely. I returned to work on Monday but I am luck as I am a teacher and I am off now for 2 weeks. I notice tenderness where the port is.

I love the food suggestions all of this is so helpful my dr is one of those that kind of gave me in the instruction book and said, "do this" ummmmmm so not a lot of directions.

My friend is a nutrionist and she helped me to come up with a very pureed Soup and a smoothie I took him these recipes and he said they were fine a few days after surgery. I am down 20 lbs today since starting the liquid pre-op diet on 12/9.

Let's hope and pray that we can all stay strong over these upcoming days!