Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New notorious novembers weightloss spreadsheet

Hi Notorious Novembers!

Holding steady at 178 - 180 (depending on the day). My body is still shifting and reshaping from exercise - I'm down from a size 24 before I was banded to a size 12 now!

Couple of weeks ago, I bought size 9/10 jeans and the brand I picked also fit in a size 7/8! I'm thrilled with that - and it just goes to show that women's sizes are so unpredictable!

I'm off of all the diabetes meds and loving life. Planning to run a 10K toward the end of the summer and will be training for that soon. Hope everyone is doing well and feeling fine!:thumbdown:

Great job.keep up the good work. I too have been taken off my diabetic meds

Update I am now at 171! Almost 100 lbs lost!! My start was 270, I'm 5' 7 1/2". goal is 155/160. Surgery was 11/18/08

I had a prolapsed band though and just had to have a new one put in back on 3/22. Thankfully there was no significant damage so he was able to put in a new one, because I would not have qualified to have another put in at a later date. I didn't have any significant pain from it, just severe heartburn and burping up acid. Not sure what caused it I never vomited (only once in the very beginning) and didn't really overeat at all (once in a while I got very full- but never stuck). So no clue what caused it, but it was corrected and I am feeling good now recovering from that surgery.

Congrats to everyone else on their success!

Edited by sfwaitinginma
oops had my goal weight wrong in there

I haven't been on in awhile and it's great to see how everyone is doing. I've had a really rough time but am finally losing the weight. I just wish I weren't sick all the time.

Why are you sick all of the time?

Holding steady around 178lbs but found out today my band has slipped. Don't know yet if it can be saved with how it slipped.

Holding steady around 178lbs but found out today my band has slipped. Don't know yet if it can be saved with how it slipped.

So so sorry. Do you have any idea why it might have slipped and how did you find out? I sure hope it can be saved.

So so sorry. Do you have any idea why it might have slipped and how did you find out? I sure hope it can be saved.

Turns out that the radiologist read the xrays wrong. My stomach doctor called me on my birthday with the good news, the band hasn't slipped at all.

He had a week earlier suspected it might be a reflux disorder so he started me on Losec. About a week after starting the Losec I was able to eat again after living on mainly liquids for two months. Now that my stomach has healed, the reflux is under control it's time to tighten the band back up to a comfortable level (I've never had it overfilled) and get back to losing weight.

I went to Vegas for my birthday with a mostly unfilled band and indulged a little more than I should have. I've also been in physiotherapy for the last 2.5 months for a neck injury so I haven't been able to work out but I'm healing, so I'm hoping to get back to that this month.

What a crazy year 2010 has been so far! I hope all is well with you, jms462001. :thumbup:

That is great news Tris!!!!!!!!! I bet you are so relieved. I wonder what caused the reflux so bad. It happens to a lot of people and often is due to a tight band, but seems not to have been the case for you. Anyway, here's hoping you have no more problems. You have done super well with your weight loss.

I am holding steady. My body does not seem to want to lose anymore which is ok, but I would like to lose a few more pounds. I have a problem with lymphedema in my legs since my rad hysterectomy last Sept. I guess from having lymph nodes removed. It comes and goes and is not real severe, but I hate it when they swell and one is quite a bit worse than the other.

I have not had my scope test yet due to all my medical bills. I don't think I have any band problems, but should get it done. I do have sensitivity at the port area from time to time and then it passes. I can really feel it now that the fat is all gone. I think over activity makes it tender and if I do too many crunches (which does not happen often LOL).

I cannot believe I can wear a size 6 (28) designer jeans. In all my life I never was under a 12 or 14. I do have a big problem however. 9 years ago I had a breast lift. It was sort of a gift to myself after my divorce and 24 yrs of marriage, 3 kids, breast feeding, and gaining, losing weight 100 times. The surgeon said if he did not put in an implant i would be flat on top. I said ok, but just wanted to fill out the bra I was wearing which was a D cup. I weighed 220 at the time at 5'9". He said I was a big person and my breasts would go well with the rest of my body (still planning on a D cup). Well, when he was done I somehow ended up a 44 DDD!!!!!!!!!!!! I am now down to a 38 DD, but needless to say I have a very difficult time buying blouses and dresses are out of the question. I have to stick with stretch knits for the most part and I feel like I look a bit like Dolly Parton now. I have no money for a revision so I am stuck with this problem. I wear a size M top, but like I said if they are not stretch I probably cannot button them.

Bouncing between 167-169, I blame the heat and Fluid retention. :wub:

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel though. It's crazy, how daunting the thought of losing 170lbs was when I first started - and now, 141 and counting!

I still get weirded out when people comment on how "tiny" I am (I'm still a size 12, I'm not that tiny.. :drool:) - I still see the size 28 fat girl. I'm hoping this will get better as the tummy deflates - it seems to be the last place I'm losing from. I look like I'm pregnant. I've been asked by complete strangers when I'm due a few times this year. Argh!!! Slowly but surely though it's coming down.

I think it's time to start setting goals again. I've been pretty slack with them this year and found I had better progress when I had a plan of attack and a small goal dangling infront of me.

jms462001: 38DD - yikes! I have the opposite problem. Even at 300+ pounds I was still only a 44B. I gots nothing!! Now? 36B, sometimes an A. And well, there's no volume there at all. If only I could take some of my rather ample hiney and put it to use. :cursing:

Good morning Notorious Novembers!

Been a while since I checked in...I've had my challenges this past couple of months.

Got a slight unfill so I could add 'bulkier' food to my eating plan (salads, more fresh fruit) and partly because I was getting a lot of "you're too skinny" comments from trusted friends, family and even my DH!

Big mistake - when I got the last fill removed, I was fine for a couple of weeks, and then the hunger came roaring back, along with 20 extra pounds! I'm now hovering back around 200, and can't get in for a fill for another 3 weeks with my surgeon! YUK!:frown::):wub:

I'm hanging in there, but not happy. Most of my clothes still fit okay - a testament to my workouts and to the fact that I've exchanged SOME of the extra pounds to muscle, but not nearly enough of them!

Trying to hold steady or lose a little between now and my fill - it's really hard when my old friend 'restriction' is nearly gone. There are still some things I can't eat - and that's a good thing - but far too much that I CAN.

Hang in there, Notorious Novembers - good to hear so many of you are doing well!;)

I'm at 228 and finally out of the size 20s. :thumbup:

What a difference holding up a pair of size 18 jeans next to a pair of size 28s.

Even crazier to hold up the size 10s next to those 28s. Or crazier yet, to stand in one pant leg of those size 28s.

Current weight: 163lbs .. My next minigoal is to get to 154lbs, only 9lbs to go until I've lost half of myself. Woohoo!

Well, it's been close to 2 yrs. since we had our surgery. Like me, most of you do not come here much anymore. This is probably a testament of how well we have done and are doing!! I still would love to hear from everyone as to how you are doing, are you still really happy with your band and that you got it? Also any problems anyone is having.

I am still doing great and maintaining a 90 lb loss. I really have no fat to lose, just wish I could afford to get rid of the excess skin. I wear shapers and it does the trick and makes me look really nice!

Some days I am really hungry and eat lots. This is usually followed by a couple days of little appetite so if I gain a couple pounds it comes off right away. I can eat anything I want since I do not eat too much. It is so nice to not have to refuse any foods due to it being "fattening"! I still use lots of sauces with meat and poultry and lots of dressing on my salads. The extra calories do not seem to make a difference thankfully and everything tastes wonderful.

I hope and pray I continue doing well and have no problems since my insurance will not cover anything. I have not seen the surgeon since I had my hyst a yr ago and had an unfill followed by 2 fills to get back to where I had been. I think I am at 5.6 cc's which seems perfect for maintaining. I do still PB sometimes due to eating too fast or trying to eat a sandwich or something else I should not attempt. I worry about doing that and I am now an expert at getting stuck food out immediately, but I know it can cause problems to do so often.

So, my November sisters, take a minute and let everyone here know how you are doing!! :thumbup:

I'm doing well. 104 down from my max weight and still going. I wish I could get this skin off, too, but at age 54, who really cares?

I want to know how you instantly stop a stick. I try not to let it happen often, but when it does, it's awful. usually when I eat too fast and don't chew well.

I did just have my first stomach flu since the surgery. Man was that bad! I didn't have to imagine just how small my stomach is. I felt every centimeter of it.

It's sad to read stories where it did not go well. I tell anyone who has ever struggled to talk to their doctor about it. It saved my life.