Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Charles Morton

Hey,

I just moved to the Nashville area from KC. I was banded almost 2 years ago by Dr. Malley in KC. I was looking for a surgeron's office here to develop a relationship.

In talking with the Allergen rep via Dr. Malley's office, they gaveme Dr. Morton's name. Can anyone on here vouch for him or let me know if he does support groups or anything?

Thanks

Just as an update, I can tell you what I found from talking to Dr. Morton's office. He is probably not the Dr. you want to go to if you are just looking for maintenance if another Dr did your surgery. He wanted 500.00 for a fill. At that price it's a lot cheaper to drive back and forth to my Dr. in KC. He only charges 100.00 for a fill.

Oh well, maybe they have a support group that is open to all patients. That is what I am most interested in anyway.

Jonthan,

I'm late finding your question, but I was just banded 4/1/09 by Dr. Charles Morton who was highly recommended and I was pleased with him. I haven't really thought about "fill" charges--assumed the charges would be covered by my insurance. So far my initial out-of-pocket payment at pre-addmission was approx. $280 (after $250 deductable). My first post-op appt is April 22, 2009. Even though I have had a lot more pain than I ever dreamed of, everybody in Dr. Morton's office has been very helpful and my phone calls to his office were returned within a few hours. So far, so good.

Edited by scout47
repeated words

I would highly recommend Dr. Morton to anyone who is considering lapband. My husband, my oldest son and myself all had surgery in 2007. His office has gone out of their way to help us through the whole process. As a family we have lost over 400 lbs. No ill effects.

Good Morning,

Tomorrow will be my second-month anniversary of my lap-band surg. Dr. Charles Morton and his staff have been great to me (and my insurance co. has had no problem with his charges). The second time I had a fill, a lady named Anook (not sure of her title or how to spell her name) saw me and she was very, very helpful (and gentle) with my questions and gave me great suggestions. My next fill is next week and I look forward to it. I can't say enough nice things about his office.

scout47

I too, am going to Charles Morton. I am in the beginning of the process and am curious as to 1) how long after insurance approves the procedure do you actually have the surgery and 2) what type of pre op diet did he put you on?

Thanks, Denise

I too, am going to Charles Morton. I am in the beginning of the process and am curious as to 1) how long after insurance approves the procedure do you actually have the surgery and 2) what type of pre op diet did he put you on?

Thanks, Denise

Denise,

Sorry it has taken me so long to answer, for some reason I couldn't log on to this site. But I'm baaaack:thumbup:

After my ins approved (they required a 6-month weight-loss program, to prove I would be consistant with my follow-through--I just went to my local GP, and a phyc evaluation) then Dr. Morton scheduled my surgery immediately following a two-wk pre-op of a liquid diet.

I am not losing w8 like I did at first, but I've been having trouble finding my exact fill needs. I take over 30 prescription meds and if my fill is tight enough to keep me full it is too tight to get my meds down. But I think I am finally on the right track. Head-hunger and self-control have been my two main problems, but hey, if I could have controled those two things I wouldn't have needed the lap band!

Hope this helps.

Anita

Edited by scout47

I'm new here and just getting started in this whole process. I'm leaning towards Dr. Morton, and will be self-pay. Can you tell me how much he charges for fills?

Thank you!

I'm new here and just getting started in this whole process. I'm leaning towards Dr. Morton, and will be self-pay. Can you tell me how much he charges for fills?

Thank you!

3children,

I just saw Dr. Morton today and asked him your question; he said if you are self-pay, fills are FREE for one year!!! :( This is a somewhat new policy at Baptist Hospital--they have the lowest weight loss costs in the US. Good luck, I do not think you can go wrong with Dr. Morton.

Anita

Anita~Thank you SO MUCH for responding! That is good news! I really appreciate you for asking just for me! I've decided to go down for a consult on the 19th when I'm off work for spring break. I'm really looking forward to it!

Thanks again :smile2:

I was banded 12/30 by Dr. Morton and so far everything has been great, BUT I do not have restriction yet and I've had 3 fills. I know they say it takes three to five but I wanted you to know I'm 2 months out and feel like I did before surgery so do not think it happens overnight. I've only lost 10 pounds since surgery. I did not do a pre op diet so it's been all post surgery weight, but others have lost quite a bit more.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Best wishes to you!

I have another question, and I realize it's different for everyone...but how long does it typically take from consultation to surgery (I have 6 mos of documented attempts at weight loss in case that is a factor)

TIA!

Anita~Thank you SO MUCH for responding! That is good news! I really appreciate you for asking just for me! I've decided to go down for a consult on the 19th when I'm off work for spring break. I'm really looking forward to it!

Thanks again :w00t:

You are so welcome! Stay in touch.:smile2:

Anita

Thanks for sharing your experience. Best wishes to you!

I have another question, and I realize it's different for everyone...but how long does it typically take from consultation to surgery (I have 6 mos of documented attempts at weight loss in case that is a factor)

TIA!

Tia,

I was self pay so I didn't have to do all that, but I think it has to be six months of dr. monitored weight loss so I am not sure you can to to a consultation with six months of documentation hin hand. Not sure the insurance would accept that.

Good Luck.

How long does it take for self-payers (which I will be) from consultation to surgery? I can't go down for the consultation until the 19th. I hate that I have to wait that long without knowing how the process works. :smile2: