Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

some insiration needed

well i need some inspiration and help from anyone and everyone. Im having the hardest time losing weight for this surgery. I'm pretty much done everything the hospital needed me to do except lose the 13 lbs im trying desperatly but i cant seem to commit and its very discouraging. :cursing: I want this so bad but its just so hard.

anyone have any weightloss suggestioins? anything that people have tried that really did work? anyone else in my position? has anyone taken diet pills to help?any excersise program you have done thats fun and little money?

If i could lose this weight ide be ok but its very hard. so any help would be nice thanks everyone

Here's the deal: You are going to get the band. You are going to have to follow a STRICT post-op diet if you want your band to stay in place. After fills, you are going to have to eat specifically, and follow SPECIFIC instructions if you want to be successful, and if you don't want to be puking and in pain and frustrated...

So, in a nutshell, you need to make up your mind to DO IT right this second. If you can't do it now, you need to seriously reconsider having a surgery that is going to be full of rules...

I hope I don't sound mean or NON-supportive. I don't mean to be. But the stuff I just told you above is what I told myself when I went on my pre-op diet so I could guarantee I was successful. And I am a success. And if you make this commitment, you will be too...

You can do it if that's what you want. It took me a while to want it, and then I could commit.

I just started walking. I'm walking 3.5 miles outdoors. Doesn't cost me a dime, but I did get a heat rash in the summer and now I'm like brrrr, but I keep on walking. Get a walking tape for indoors if you really can't make yourself walk outside. I think walking sheds weight faster than most exercises. Exercises are good for building muscle which Im going to need to get to, but putting that off.

If you are hungry grab some Protein, a piece of rolled up ham, cheese once in a while, fry and egg in pam, etc. I even have a box of SF popsicles in my freezer, not my favorite thing, but I do what I need to.

I do admit to cheating tonight, went to a pizza party, but only ate one and a half pieces. I also skipped lunch to do it. Its will power and if you want to do it enough, you will.

You have to be so tired of being fat that you are willing to do anything, commit to anything to be healthy again. That is what most bandsters do. We have made the decision to commit to this program. It is NOT EASY, it is NOT FUN, but it is so WORTH the effort. I was banded on Oct. 7th and have lost 35 pounds, this is counting pre-surgery weight loss. I figure any weight loss is my victory, whether before or after surgery.

So if you can commit yourself to this here is a tip: Cut out all white flour items from your diet. Eat only whole grain or whole wheat items. One really good item is Tostitos Whole Grain chips and salsa. Good snack that is healthy for you. Cut out white potatoes from your diet as well. These are "bad" carbs that your body doesn't need. Eat high Protein, low fat and low carb meals. This will kick start your weight loss and get you on track.