Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi there everyone; took me a while to read through the posts! I love all the chatter. Great pics of everyone from the weekend, looks a great day. Tamra your little one is adorable.

John, thanks for the heads up on the show...I am gonna watch it but I have my dvr set in case I fall asleep.

I saw the shrink today and since I saw only 2 people in the room she passed me to move on...lol I didn't tell her you guys gave me the answer to that question. hahahaha

I was bummed because I didn't get to see Liz today, they told me they would try but come to find out she's only there on mon/wed so I don't know why they said I would see her anyway but oh well. I have an apt with her on april 12th.

Laurel, how you doing? hope your feeling good and the broth is helping your hunger.

oh ya, lost another 5 lbs so down 25 since 1/26/10! Yippe.

Ali - great job on the psych eval - the group on here prepared me for the presidents question but not that one and it cracked me up when she asked it!! You will do great with Liz on 4/12 'cause that's my birthday - so I know it will be a good day!

Heather - you tell the best stories - you make me laugh - my oldest is just out of college and I can just imagine! Hey - did you love Armstrong Wood? It always feels so peaceful to me in there and you can walk and walk.

Laurel - hang in there. Just rest and take care of yourself as your body needs to heal. Glad the broth helped. You will be able to eat some full liquids soon and that will be better too. You sound like everything is going well. So happy for your.

Tam - Brianna is adorable! She so looks like you!

Whoo Hoo Laurel, glad your feeling well enough to come on Saturday. If you need a ride or something let me know, I would be glad to drive you.

Im glad you are going to be well enough to make it Saturday laurel thats awesome. I hadnt farted by saturday so I was inside with major gas pains lol.... So make sure you fart lol. I found that the Jello helped a lot too so try some of that. I couldnt get much down but it at least helped. Gosh I miss the first month lol...

YAY ALi on the 5lbs down YAY... You will be so under goal at surgery thats awesome. Its a good feeling. i was 9 under and fisher was happy about that. Im excited to see you ladies on Sat.

So I found a fill center in WA about 54 mins from where I will be living so hey thats awesome. The first one they will do a barrium swallow and fill for $250 and then $125 each fill after that. So thats not bad. Makes me feel better about moving.

Donna I will be there on saturday!! I have sold almost all of my stuff except a few things. YAY Im excited. Heather if you wanna come over and measuer saturday since you will be in the area for the meeting if you are going. let me know. April is coming to pic some stuff up too.

Anyone want to adopt a cat... lol. I love him but cant take him. Im sad about that.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Pat - the measuring of 2 tablespoons like we are doing is fine!

Thanks, I think she looks more like her dad LOL

Evening Ladies!

Donna – Yes I'm planning on attending the Saturday Mtg but I’ll have to skip the lunch. Not ready for a restaurant just yet. Maybe we can have a get together after the April PW meeting for Nicolie?

Tamara – Brianna is sooooo cute!!!

Jes – You look great. Big difference!

Laurel – So glad you are doing well!! Take it slow. You are on your way to a slimmer you!

Nicolie – Glad you found a reasonable place for fills. Sorry no cats for me.

Thanks everyone for the nice pic comments!!

Anyone watch the bariatric piece on CNN last night?

Edited by skiingj

Hey All! Just checking in!!!

John-Nice pics! Wow, I can really see the difference. I know you feel great.

Jes-I can see the difference in you too. If I had met you now...I would have never thought you were ever any different... You look tiny and petite to me.... I can't wait to get to where you are.....

Okay...so...I have been to the gym 2 days and walked my home treadmill 2 days this week. You know how the pedometer that several of us have logs 7 days of info on the display....Well, I have 4 out of 7 days showing over 10,000 steps per day.... I am so happy. I am working this exercise thing...Now if I could just adjust my eating and sometimes my choices....I so need a fill. I hope to be down enough to get one 4/1....

I am also sleeping much more sounder....It feels so good!!!

Lovin' the new me and being motivated!!!

Nicole- Sounds good! I'll see you Saturday! (Do that after meeting and lunch or before?)

Hi Ladies and John.

I did watch that piece on CNN. It was a short one but informative and enlightening. I just got back from the Antioch WLS support meeting. Tam & Mo, be glad you did not go. As some of you know it was never a Kaiser supported meeting. It is ran by a Kaiser employee who had bypass 6 years ago. Well apparently she is tired of running the meeting and tonight was officially the last one. There was no warning, and this has left a lot of people without a place to go that is not less then 45 min's away. Since this lady is a Kaiser employee, she was able to secure a room once a moth for free. There was a pre-opp women at the meeting tonight that wanted to take on the task of keeping the meetings going. I had offered to help since I was considering doing the same, but it seemed like she did not want any help. So I guess I will see where that goes. I had really enjoyed having the meetings only 15 min from my home and they where fun. Plus my heart goes out to all the other people who need the support, as I have been making friends in this WLS support meeting :Banane20: Now I'm contemplating starting my own meet-up group.

Ash- That's a great idea! Lame that your group is changing, but starting your own meetup is great!

Thanks Heather. I suppose my only problem is where to host it. I don't want to always host it @ my house cause of my kids, and I think that a sight for people to log in and chat with would be great but meetup.com charges 12$ a month, and Yahoo & Google groups require you to have an email account with them to use their free groups which not everyone uses them for their email.

Ash contact member services or the health education department at your Kaiser. I'm sure they will gladly help you secure a space for free. If not you could have a $1 donation and cover it but that would be my last choice.

Great idea!!

Good Morning!

I've been in SAC for a few days but finally got to sleep in my own bed last night. YAY

If you missed the CNN piece on the 14 year old, the way I did... I watched it on CNN Video. There were two of them. I just put 14 year old weight loss surgery into their video search.

For Contra Costa people looking for a support group, I hear that the John Muir meeting in Walnut Creek is good. I'm going to check it out in April. I believe it meets the 2nd Saturday of every month from 10am - noon and is for anyone, not just John Muir patients.

Where did this rain come from while I was away??

Hey, I want to see everyone's pictures too please. :Banane20:

Laurel, I went back a few pages and see that you're home and doing well. YAY!! So happy to read that!

Ali, are you the next one up? :Banane20: