Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Its so weird, once you fall off its sooo hard to get back on track, just like any diet I have ever been on! But this time is different. I tell myself I didnt do this to fail, or go through the pain for fun. That seems to snap me back into reality quick!!

This has been a challenge for sure, but its a great one!!! We will see the fruits of our labor one day!

I went offline for awhile so the drama could calm down and we could all move on. I am not angry with anyone just ready to move on in more ways than one.

I honestly have found that being offline has opened up many new doors to new activities that are a better use of my time so I am not interested in being online as much. I was spending to much time online and not enough addressing other areas of my life :-) Now I am more in balance but not feeling a huge pull to check in with the group. However..............

I got an email today and apparently my the whole thing is a topic of converstation online today :-) Seriously we need to put this whole thing to rest...........agreed? I moved on a long time ago must we drag this up again.

I don't think anyone of us should try to regulate or patrol what other people say. We need to accept people for exactly who and where they are at. Period. I also think as per lap band talk policies we all agreed to that we would not be rude or treat each other disrespectfully online. I think we all need to adhere to what we agreed to which is to respect each other whether we understand where someone else is at or agree with them. Our posts towards and amongst each other chould be respectful. If not than what is the point? I think things were headed downhill with the way people were talking, posting and treating each other there for awhile. I didn't want to be a part of that drama. I figured it would die down after a bit but maybe not............there is a reason we don't have a moderator on this forum. We DON'T need one. None of should assume we are in a position where we can dictate or control what goes on or is said online. We are all equals in this journey. When we forget that is when we are headed for a fall..........or maybe the fall has already been taken place and we feel we have to pull other people down to our level. We need to respect and support each other. If that is not being done than the group loses its purpose and effectiveness and becomes a waste of time and energy to many of us and eventually the group fades out and falls apart.

That said. I got my fill two weeks ago and back to losing again. Went to the fill center in Navato. Loved it and learned alot. Had my fill standing up which while awkward was very, very helpful to being able to tell when I was to tight ..........go figure I asked them to take out .5cc's before they pulled the needle out. They had me drink Water standing up at 5.5ccs (to tight) than 5cc's(to tight) than 4.5ccs (backed up in my throat and I guess that gurgle and lump in the throat is a bad thing) than she showed me what 3ccs felt like (LOL no restriction) than she showed me 0cc's (ah back to normal?? I guess!! LOL) I had to drink a full cup of water at each level to see if the water would back up, flow through to fast or go down like funnel. The funnel is the good fill!! And the doctor counts the seconds it takes for the water to clear the band. Anyway she took alot of time showing how it is suppose to feel when you have good restriction vs when your to tight vs. to loose. So what I thought was good restriction was to tight for me but I didn't get that until she showed me and had me FEEL it standing up. I am at 4ccs and doing good. No PBing but I get full fast and down 5 pounds in a week. Back on a plateau now and they said if you hit a plateau for more than three weeks come back in for a fill. Fills are expensive so I am hoping to hold out until May. Bariatric MD is who I saw and she did the dietition thing with me and I learned:

1. Fructuse/Corn Syrup is a no-no

2. For every 25 pounds you are over our ideal weight you need to drink an extra 8 ounces of water over 64 ounces

3. To lose weight and keep your metabolism up you MUST be weight lifting and doing cardio..but weight lifting is a MUST or you will plataue

The rest we talked about was same as Kaiser. Caffiene, carbonation, protien..............

But anyway I will see Dr. Baggs on Friday for a check in. I don't need a fill but he wants to see me. I have been honest with him. He is not gonna like I am still up a few pounds but also down a few so it is not all bad....

Can we all please just get along and be polite to each other? I know I don't plan to be online as much but still........we need to respect everyone and where they are at and not dissect or try to analyze why they are there or if it is "appropriate" for them to be there. WOuld make life easier for all of us :-)

Tam- This Wednesday @ 7:30

Tam- This Wednesday @ 7:30

PM me your phone number, I might head your way and check those meetings out. Mo, you coming?

So glad to hear you are doing well Tina this will be interesting to hear what you learned vs Kaiser. So glad woohoo you;ll get to you goal soon lady good luck!!!

I just talking to Nicole on the phone btw everyone (Not Nicollie) and she sounds soo good and happy!!! She wants to get together soon!

Heather - Yes it does. LOL Do you have a date to go see him? Sorry don’t mean to imply any pressure just want the best for you!

Tamara – Get back on track! You can do it!!!

I am working on it John. I hit a few bumps on the way, but it's how I learn to work with my tool. I spoke to Robin today to explain the stage 4 weighing vs measuring and found out I am doing it fine and she told me keep going. That was reassuring so I am ready to rock some more!! I hope to be 210 when I see Baggs in May, that would be about 19 more lbs down then when he saw me.....that's a big amount, but I am gonna test myself.

hey there everybody, woo woo little feisty are we not?? :redface:

Hi Tina I know you said move on but I've got a nickels worth of comments. I miss all of the "vets" like Candra said they are the only ones who have been where I am. I don't mind sharing my journey with the newbies but its nice to have somebody to turn to if needed.

I remember telling Liz how I felt like an outsider at the meetings because everyone just talked about how wonderful they were doing. You know what she said? "They are full of shit"!! I said the same thing to Robin when I met with her and she said the same thing too. That being said I see this forum as a place to share everything that is life, band, sleeve or RNY. So jobs, family, husbands all contribute to our struggles. Whether anyone reads or replies to another posts is not the point, it's feeling comfortable enough to share what you are going through that is help in it self. People have had issues with Kaisers way before some of you were born so this is nothing new. If I didn't get the words of wisdom from those before me I would not have known how to handle Kaiser in my situation. I commend those of you on the KAiser honeymoon hopefully you won't get frustrated and things continue to go well for you.

Last thought on this subject...I enjoy and appreciate each one of you and I hope we can all continue to share, chat and support.:confused:

wow John you rock...men seem to handle the weightloss so much better than girls ugh.

So Tina I'm glad you've checked back in. Did you tell Baggs that you went somewhere else for your fill? I want to know what he said or are you planing to tell him.

ok, last couple days I've had restriction. when I get to that point I feel light headed and almost short of breath, it's weird.

OH, everyone looks so good in the pictures from the other day. Slim yea! Sorry I missed it.

I've been doing good on my carb detox lately. I made somebody's chili the other day and been eating it for every meal! LOL

Tamara – What did she say about the weighing / measuring? 210 You can do it! I’m working towards 210 as well. Hopefully I’ll get there by June.

The pics look great!

Thanks Jes! I’ve stalled this last week, not dropping anything! And I mean anything! Time for some Metamucil tomorrow!

Tina- I'm so glad you were able to get a fill. I love that you got to do that standing up. How cool!

Maria- Don't disappear when you're not doing well! That's what we're here for! For support and encouragement.

John- No, I don't have an appt with Doc Fisher yet. I'm still not at the point where I think it would help. My goal now is to get back to my psych appt weight, and then go in. It's still about 25 lbs from the surgery goal, but it's better than where I'm at.

Ash- Have you thought about buying a temporary ring? You can just buy a cheap band each time you drop a ring size then get your real ring resized when you're closer to goal. I'd heard it isn't good for you ring to be resized multiple times, something about making it weaker.

Heather spring is going to be your turn! weather is good so you'll have plenty of opportunity to get out and get moving plus we always eat less when it's hot out. You'll be calling doc who in no time.

I think i"m stuck, I had the insides of 2 tacos tonight it was 3 hrs ago but boy I'm tight. What was I thinking.

Evenin all...as Pat has named us...SOS & BOS!

Ok, finally uploading some pics, will put rest of them on my album, pm me if you need ok to see them.

Yes...one of my mottos...they Band the Belly Not the Brain, shux!!! hehehe

Pat you really did do it up, I think we all would have worn the green hats if we had some...how did the corned beef go down? It sure was a fun/beautiful/delicious day...ok I confess was dreading the longness of the drive, and the 3 fun ladies I drove with took care of that! It was a great way to officially start the Spring...and yes we sure missed all who couldn't make it! I honestly think the families, hubbies, children are glad we get together, to enjoy, listen, and yuck it up with one another...like only we can!

Life for me is stilllll so busy, so just getting away like that was truly refreshing! Of course Native NYorker girl in me enjoys alll the wild life, hehehe.

Ok...so speaking of getting together...who is game for this SAT...3/27/10, like each 4th sat of the month, for the

KAISER POINT WEST MTG? For our newbies...it is for both Kaiser AND NOnKaiser patients...Bypass, Band AND Sleeve patients...(John do we get to see 'less' of you again?)

and then also, we enjoy going to lunch afterwards at

Mimi's off of Arden...Meeting starts @ 11:00 to 1:00 PM, and yes a clothing exchange also!

And as she well knows there will be...WHEN is a good time for us to gather at the end of April to well wish our Newlywedded woman...Nicolie off to Washington? April 24th is the next Point West meeting, should we plan in conjunction that Saturday, or another time??? Ideas?

Candra woman pls call me when can...we would have picked u up, and made u our beautiful hood ornament! Hehehe :confused:

#1-'Gwen' #2-2010Triplets #3-'MamaBanders' #4-SOS #5-Wetlands!

post-246064-13813139195108_thumb.jpg

post-246064-13813139195389_thumb.jpg

post-246064-13813139195656_thumb.jpg

post-246064-13813139195916_thumb.jpg

post-246064-13813139196197_thumb.jpg

Edited by roseyyyd1

Guest sodapop

AWWWW!!!! You remembered her name!!! I LOVE GWEN!!!! Prettiest swan ever!! xoxox chrissy