Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Morning all!

Annalyn, I hear ya on the domestic violence front - did that in my first marriage, and he kept at it with his wives after me. The police used to call me from Redding and say come get your daughter, we have her at the ER with her steopmom cause her dad's in jail - lovely sh.t. The behavior does not change. You have done the right thing girl!!

TINA! I love you and I miss you and don't you DARE leave this thread! No one else is dealing with havinh HAD good restriction and then completely losing it and being refused help. I have no idea what I would do, but I can tell you that I', scared to deather to get another fill cause I dont ever want to need an unfill at Kaiser!! SOMEthing must be going on there to have them all freaking out about unfills, because almost everyone has at least one during their journey - I mean, that's the beauty of the band, that it's adjustable, right?? So something must have happened to cause them to feel the ned to take SO MUCH out when just .5 or 1 cc would bring relief. And I think they should be honest and tell us why!

Need to lock myself in my cubicle and write an ordinance today. Chris is coming by to take me to lunch later :-) I am logging everything again and drinking my Water, and wonder of wonders, the weight is coming back off. . . . sigh. The band isn't a miracle; I still gotta do all the work. It sure helps tho :-)

PS I have 3 dresses size 14 and size large to give away - anyone interested? Tina? I can bring them to Pat's on the 20th. I wore them for work

Annalyn – Congrats on getting to goal! Make sure you weigh in at a Kaiser facility before calling for the CM appointment. I agree with all that Lee has said about the Sleeve. We both received our Sleeves the same day. A few things I would point out to help you choose:

Lap-Band® is the least evasive but also has the lowest weight-loss but does have a history.

RNY is the most evasive, has awesome weight-loss and a long history.

Sleeve has been around awhile but the procedure now being used is new. The Sleeve doesn’t have much of a history so there are some unknowns. Weight-loss is very fast and you should lose more than with a band. With the Sleeve you can still eat anything but just smaller portions. The band can be a maintenance nightmare but if you’re OK with that it’s adjustable and can be undone. The Sleeve cannot be undone except for moving to a RNY after being Sleeved. Some feel the Sleeve will have much better results and become the surgery of choice. I highly suggest considering it and at the least spend time with your doc discussing it. Sorry if I repeated some of what Lee said. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Good luck!

Thanks guys!

I'm highly considering it because after reading alot of the posts on here.. Honestly?.. I don't want to deal with a port or fills-

Heather - I once went to a Mindful Eating class at South Sac Kaiser in the Psych Dept - I think I need to take it again. It was a 6 wk once a week class that focused on behavior, not calories etc. If I find it on the Kaiser website I will let you guys know.

I hear you Reggie - I found out through this journey that my issue wasn't really the weight, the weight was a cover up for me for my real issues. I think I also need to start seeing my therapist at Kaiser for a while again too.

I too have often wondered why I eat something even though for a second my mind tells me no - if someone could figure out how to completely stop those type of behaviors, that person would be rich.

Guess I'd better do some work as we have a never ending supply of it.

so does anyone know if the Sleeve is now a part of the option for WLS at Kaiser?

so does anyone know if the Sleeve is now a part of the option for WLS at Kaiser?

Yes both Lee and I had ours done two weeks ago at Kaiser Richmond. From what I understand Richmond has been doing them since late spring / early summer. They have only been offering them openly in orientation to patients since around November. They Sleeved a bunch of people over the summer and when I had my second band install failure in August they offered it to me. If you don’t have Sleeve information in your binder call Kaiser Bariatric department and ask them to send you the new Sleeve binder material.

I'd suggest emailing Dr. Park and asking her about it.

Edited by skiingj

Boy oh boy - 9 pages to read to catch up! There has been a death in my Extended family - actually, she passed away 3:00 am last saturday morning which is why I didn't make the meeting. My Aunt is just a wreck behind it so I've been spending all my spare time with her.

I'm in the same boat with alot of you - Rambo is doing his job but I'm not really doing mine - I do eat a lot less than if I didn't have the band but I can still eat the wrong food and I can still eat often. Sad part is I'm NOT hungry at all! Ever!! But my mouth has a mind of its own and just wants to taste everything!

Heather: Happy belated girlfriend! Love that your mom did that for you. And since you opened that can of worms now you know you HAVE to sing for me! Missed you too :(

TamTam: You never mentioned how it went in Tahoe - or maybe I just missed it?? How did it go?

Coco - How ya feelin? That gas gone yet??? I have 2 black labs you can have - Bobo & Asia, I have two cats you can have - Cali & Bella - See how that would all work out - You can have the animals and the names you want and I can get some sleep at night :(

JES: We need to hook up and do the damn thing! I too keep losing & gaining the same few lbs. Just can't seem to keep my mouth in check. I do so well during the days but in the evenings/nights I'm like a crack addict - gotta have my carbs.

Ash - how's your son doing? Do the tubes bother him at all, can he feel them? Bridezilla was working the Monster Jam - did ya see her?? Congrats on the psyche date!

TINA: I FORBID THIS GROUP TO BE SPLIT! DAMN IT! Us rookies could never make it thru without the guidence of the pro's. Sorry about all the struggles you're having with Kaiser and work. The fill recommendation list was informative - maybe we need to mail a copy to Robin. I don't agree with having to "earn" a fill. Kaiser absolutely can not take my band back - I have to allow them to do surgery on me for that and I won't do it!

John - I know parting with some of the fav's are hard but don't you just feel so great now! You & Terminator have lost 10 inches in your waist?? Yee Ha!

Maria - waiting to hear about that interview sister!

Riley - I am so with you on the carbs - Do they have a shot or drug for that?

Analynn - congrats my girlfriend! On the goal weight that is, not on your choice in men LOL. Proud of you for letting go of someone you loved - sometimes, love just isn't enough!

Beverly: The port, for me, wasn't as bad as I thougt it would be - just felt like I had done way to many crunches at the gym - but it was an extended soreness - lasted about 8 weeks.

Pammie: I agree with you about the after care & support. I feel that there should be a therapist that specializes in food addiction available.

Reggie - Yes! We need to find the underlying causes of the weight gain. For me, I think its clear that I'm an addict. I am obsessed with food. Let me repeat this: I am NOT hungry at all! but yet & still I'm obsessing over food 24/7. No idea why or how to stop it but i am. I love Rambo because he will actually HALT me. He will refuse the food I put in him if I try to go overboard - I would love to know if the sleeve does that at all??

Girl with the band problem - so sorry I didn't write down your name!! Sounds like maybe you've slipped your band?? I don't really know what that feels like but what you are describing just sound off beat for the band!

I can relate to that article Candra. I am in the same boat as you - I do perfect at work and then fall apart at home. If there was a drug that could stop the carb craving I would take it. I can't quit the sugar.

I left work at 12:30 to pick up my daughter who is now off track until April 5 - which means no lunches for me with her teacher on furlough Fridays - which I think will be healthier for me. I am not sure I can be just friends with him at school. He too is like a drug I can't quit. I sent him an e-mail last night at a weak moment and said some things I shouldn't have - oh well what is done is done. My birthday is next Friday and I asked him yesterday if he would play his guitar for me and he said he would, but then stupid me had to go and ask for more last night. I told him to ignore my last e-mail when I saw him in passing today. egads I feel like I am falling apart sometimes.

The sun is shining and I should go to the gym, but I am so drowsy that I think taking a nap and then going to the gym later today will make me feel better.

Hey all!!! So the puppy got vito'd for now. candra funny enough we were deciding between the names cali and bella lol.. my two favs lol. But something else has come up so no puppy for now. Soon enough.

Having some big things going on right now. Good things just BIG things!!!

Anyways, have a great day everyone!!!

Candra I am glad your back, missed ya, thats why I had to text ya last night :w00t:

Annalyn girl text me your phone number again, I missed you calling me!? I never remember seeing your number pop up!

Had my 6 week checkup with Baggs today, I was 18 lbs down since surgery (229 flat) and I got a fill....it was shocking how it didn't hurt!! He told me I am above average on loss and when he sees me in May expect to be 200 or under and getting another fill...yay me!!!! So he gave me 1 cc, and I have a total of 5 ccs in there......

Nicollie no puppy :smile2: awh!

This is the class I took Heather

Mindful approaches to eating class

Do you really think about why and what you eat? In this class, you'll learn how the mind-body connection can affect your eating. You'll discover the characteristics of the chronic mindless dieter, the mindless overeater, and the chaotic eater. And you'll hear about tools for motivation and change to help you think before you eat.

This class is open to members only.

Fee(s)

Office visit copayment

Department

Psychiatry

Number of sessions

8 sessions

Contact information

(916) 525-6100

I also found this one at the Kaiser on Morse Ave.

Weight management support

Have you recently attended a weight management program, but have trouble staying motivated to make healthy choices? This ongoing monthly support program focuses on getting control of non-hunger eating cues, while balancing good nutrition and taste with mindful eating approaches. Participants are encouraged to set goals and focus on successes.

This class is open to members only.

Fee(s)

no fee

Department

Health Education

Contact information

(916) 614-4971

Tamra – Congratulations on the fill!!! My first thought was; WTF as you had us all believing you where eating so badly! Good job!

Welcome back Candra! Sorry about your loss!