Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Nicole - the get together at Reggie's on Saturday doesn't start at a definite time - she said 4-5 so please try and come. You can bring Auds - I am bringing my daughter.

I am so glad to have this support group. I think of all of us on here, I was banded the earliest. I found Lapbandtalk.com on my own - I wasn't given any information on any support groups from the staff at Richmond - the paper they gave me in my packet had some people's names and telephone numbers, but they said the information was old. The one person I called never called me back.

If I eat something not on plan and I post it here, I am doing so to make myself accountable, not to make it appear that it is okay. We are all adults and should make our own decisions.

I have seen a few waves of new people on here start the process, get banded, lose weight fast and be super excited and I am always happy for them. Once the newness wears off and the weight loss slows down and life keeps on going on and being banded (or sleeved or whatever) is not the main focus of your life (as it shouldn't be) you will maybe understand more how the struggles and slip ups don't mean you are failing or not trying - it is just part of the life time journey.

I agree if we all post like we are perfect or tell those who posted slip ups that they aren't following the program (they already know that in most cases), then there isn't any point in having a support group. Just my take on all of this - I don't post much, but I read everyone's posts and care about all of you.

Oh no Ms. Nicole, I did not, just wanted u to know I have been...u & sis w/ sweet daughters are in my prayers! So glad to see u exercising to help the process!

Such a tragic time for the family, I am glad they caught them, how is your sis handling it? When are/were services?

Today my sister is saying good bye to his body. It has done a bunch of crap to us. We both just ate and ate and ate.. and whats bad is it tends to be carbs when u eat for depression. i never realized how much i cared for him. It sucks. Doesnt help that my daughter is attached to him... she is doing well, she got a tat that has his initials and stuff.. not so proud of where.. but she is rebelling a lil.. leaving makayla everywhere.... not good. Its getting easier though.. or we are all just in denial.. I know i still don't believe it.

The services are on a saturday.. but im not going. I don't want to cry anymore. none of my fam will be there.. i went to his benifit last weekend.. i feel that was enough tears for me..:)

but i am loving exercise.. and im working out with a good friend.. hes helping me get to goal.. once i am though i have to buy him a tat to pay for his help lol.:) The deal was if i dont loose he pays my membership.. i was an idiot to make that deal considering I AM BANDED!!! Our bands do help when we do everything right lol. Cause in one week i was already down 6.. i couldnt do this without it..

I love you girls!

Can someone email me reggies addy and ill do my hardest to come. I wont have miss audrey.. i dont have her weekends:)

Hey all!!! Pam well said!! I think finding this group has been the BEST thing that could have happened. I dont know where I would be without all these wonderful people's support and encouragment and most importantly TRUTH!! i have learned that this is not a miracle and there will be ups and downs and where there are downs its ok!! Just move through them and get back on track. I totally think syaing what you have eaten is the best way to be accountable, otherwise we would all be eating more and more of the wrong things and hiding them. Im thankful I know that everyone is saying the truth and dont judge!!

Dear Freeport Donna - Well if you're going to get all NY on me, I'll

check with the boss and see if we can pull it off. I'll get back with

you tonight as Nikki must be out making sales calls. Is Rick going?

Sincerely Baldwin John (but I might be an honorary Freeportite as I went

to the 1986 Freeport senior prom as a Baldwin junior).

Lee - I am excited but I need a couple weeks. With the last two surgery

disappointments a part of me is nervous in regards to finally having a

successful one. Plus there is the whole stomach removal part..ouch!

Even though I've been on the 1200 Cal meal plan I'm not losing any

weight this week. I hate these plateaus.

Sounds good Baldwin John...hehehe, no Rich wont be going, gave him the night off, hehehe, but dont let that stop ya! Would be great to meet Nikki, also.

Pam, thank you for what u said, because we do keep it real in here...I have learned so much and enjoy different food suggestions (I now enjoy hummus) and am always encouraged by u ladies/challenge i.e. to exercise!!!

Hi all just stopping bye to say hello!!

nibbled on food the first time today ;X this puree stage is NOT FUN.

Breakfast - 1/2 cup mashed potatoes

nibble one - 2 small slices of Babys hotdog...went down with no issue

nibble two - tip off a french fry LOL

thats it.....otherwise downing some Water. not gonna nibble anymore, as i wanna be 230 by next friday.

lunch will be 1/2 cup mashed potatoes again, which kinda sucks, carbs are NOT my friends, so I am wondering how this will effect me?

Lee - Thanks for sharing last nights topic. Sorry I missed the meeting - forgot just like Tamra did. So, about the lady with the sleeve issues - maybe you could just PM John about it to put his mind at ease. I know if somebody told me that had complictions with a procedure I was going to have but wouldn't tell me what it was Id be a nervous wreck.

Tina - I agree with you - we don't need to be babysat, I mean - we all KNOW what we are suppose to be doing and I look to this group as my "higher power"

I tried OA years back but just couldn't get into the whole 12 step thing. I have tried to get couseling at my Kaiser but I just keep leaving messages never to get a call back. My PCP said to keep trying. I think the Kaiser program is excellent (a little one size fits all though) but when you hear a Professional Employee that you are suppose to have a relationship with and trust, bad mouthing other clients it makes me feel "unsafe" in her care. I wish that wasn't my 1st encounter with her - I would have loved to have met with someone like her for initial guidance and occasional help when needed. I don't like that they tell everybody to stay away from us either but it is what it is.

Pam - very well said - I would not be this far along without you ladies & John - so I thank each and every one of you for getting me here - which is farther than I've been on my own!

Tamra - keep up the good work lady - you are doing well!

John, Plateaus are like rules - meant to be broken! It is only natural that it will happen.

Coco - Hey batter batter - Hey batter batter - you're up - 4 days & a wake up - See you Tuesday Morning but you better leave Robbie at home cuz I think he & I might battle :) Love him hahahahaha

JES - How goes it -

Maria - where are you?

New York - I love it when you get all tough on us! That's my spicy Italian Sister! Work it out!!!!!!

Nicole - You are a strong woman! Thru all the crap you've been thru these last 6 months you're still working your program - I admire you for that!

I can't wiat to get home to see Carnie! The only time I watched celebrity fit club was when she was on it -she keeps it real! She said she was so embarassed to have to be there after she had WLS. Big or Small - she's a doll!!

PS: Today I've learned that steamed veggies are not my friend! Rambo is a typical man - loves junk food (chocolate) but, veggies, not so much!

PSS: Exercise is not my friend right now either - my right knee is just killing me and so is my left foot - is it possible to be too fat & outta shape to exercise? cuz I think I am :)

In Dec, when I was at the final orientation before surgery, Liz asked what I was doing for support and I told her about you guy and the site. I told her that I haven't met any of you yet but it sound like a group I can fit in with... She said "Great... I know most of those ladies and they are really nice." She never spoke badly of anyone on this site or even about the site itself. Nor did she tell me to avoid this group. They may be watching what they say a bit more now that the group is much larger.

For all you Sacramen'in's, I understand your fustration about so many visits to Richmond. I think Kaiser should expand this program to your area. I work for a General Contractor who is actually married to a big wig at Kaiser. From what I understand, she is a hard ass about setting proceedures and making sure the people are happy with Kaiser. I think she had alot to do with the surveys they send after a visit. They do look at those surveys so make sure you respond. Try and be short and to the point. I will see if I can do anything on this end.

Hello All,

OK so I am trying to catch up on reading posts. Man you guys are writing bees. We need to enter some form of writing contest. It would be interesting for us to document our posts and go back and take a look at it when we ALL reach goal. It may be a support group bestseller for LB and sleeve( ok so I am thinking in$$$ LOL).

So Pam I couldn't agree more with your post as well as Lee and Tina. The truth of the matter is we are all here for the common goal of weight loss and during this time we have become friends and for most of us it may be lifetime friendship. That is the way things ought to be. I know Richmond does not regard our group as a support group however, we are. How we decide to move our group forward is up to us. We all know what we have to do and if the course (journey) was so easy we wouldn't be here and I would be in a size 14 by now lol. I like it when I post for good days and bad days and get encouraging feedback from all who read.

Support system is a group or person that helps motivate positivity and we are it.

I love this group with all our successes and flaws. Our flaws makes us stronger and not only that we hold each other accountable for bad choices and commend for good choices. I could not ask for any better support system. When I fall off I come back and it is as if I never left. Knowing that someone will PM me and say hey where are you and how are you doing? gets me out of my dark moment. This is family and I am proud to be a part of this family.

So cheer up and come and lets enjoy on Saturday.

Cheers,

Reggie

PSS: Exercise is not my friend right now either - my right knee is just killing me and so is my left foot - is it possible to be too fat & outta shape to exercise? cuz I think I am :sifone:
Ok, join the exercise is not my friend wagon. since LB I have not been able to get into the groove of things and no you are not fat just (thick LOL). I am sure by now you are not even thick anymore, girl you better save some meat cause you know most brothers like thickness LOL:lol: I am messing with you Candra. Massage the knee and do some light workouts.

Bravo Reggie~

cindy - how long ago was that "final" orientation - I only had 1 so I'm not sure what I missed LOL last September she was like - "alot of those girls don't know what they're doing. oh, but some do" hahahaha

Reggie, you are such an inspiration to everyone. I enjoy reading your posts.