Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hey, and when Tamra is done with the 18's, I'd like to get in line please.

I got some unflavored Protein Powder to mix into broth. I think it's like 25 gr of Protein per scoop. It can also be put into tea or Decaf coffee. The women at Obesityhelp on the Lightweights board where I hang out, swear by the protein added to beverages to get in their daily protein. I got some BodyTech Dutch chocolate Protein pudding for the yogurt stage. At least it packs 25 gms of protein per 5 oz of pudding at only 145 calories. (vitamin shoppe)

PAT!! 5.8 pounds is rockin! You must be so excited. I'm going to take that advice as well. Liz said to wait a week, then weigh daily.

John, I got the Trader Joe's B12. 1000 MCG per tablet. It was dissolved before my tongue even hit it. Gone in a millisecond. I think only $5.99 for 100 of them and I'm sure one if these puppies is enough. Give them a try. I'd send back those you got on Amazon.< /p>

Well I could use that 10 pound thing........From Kaiser? Is that a Fremont thing?? So does it really work?? I am not suppose to have bread not that it gets struck or anything now........but Dr. Baggs said no bread for me.....

I am vegetarian but I think I have some veggie meat stuff I could use in place of the tuna.

Ok so than you go to regular 1200......pre op diet??

Hmm I might try it. I am down again today but I am so up and down lately it is hard to know how long it will last.

I think I will try it but have to start on Thursday or else figure out what to do when I go out to lunch tomorrow. I was planning to get a salad......not sure that would work.

I plan to be there Saturday!!

Good morning everyone! Last week I did 75 min on the elliptical and had a bum hip for two days. I didn't go to the gym since. I don't know why it's been a week since I went to the gym. I like the gym. Ugh. Anyway, the fella and I are going skiing with my parents tomorrow and heading up their way after work, we might stay the night in Tahoe tonight. I'm excited to ski for the first time in about 12 years. I'll post pics when I have them!

I’ve solved my B-12 dilemma! I don’t have to take 500 of those pills. I guess 1 MG is equal to 1000 MCG. So one of my pills is fine. Lee I'll defiantly go get some of those Trader Joe ones as my pills don’t dissolve that quickly. Thanks for the info!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Cindy and I don't have a lot of time to post things but I try and log on everyday to get inspired by everyone's support and progress. My husband and I are involved with the Sea Scout ship Albatross and my Sat. are busy doing that so I will have a hard time making the support groups on Sat. I was born and raised in ElSobrante and now live in Concord. I don't have any kids... we tried for a long time and now I'm 42, we are thinking about adoption.

Pat & Tamra: I am a couple week ahead of you on the surgery and I am on stage IV. I don't feel much restriction anymore. I lost 15 during Stage I through III and gained 5 on Stage IV. I was very excited about eating real food!! Maybe too excited, I have to start watching my portion size closely.

I will try and post more and I would love to meet you guys. Until then, I will enjoy reading about your progress hopefully on a daily basis.

Did they say the 3 day Kaiser diet plan is for people who have already been banded or whatever surgery? I am pretty sure I couldn't get 2 hot dogs down at one meal.

I am planning on being there Saturday with my 10 yr old daughter. She wants to see the lapband ladies again.

Heather – Have fun skiing! Something I miss so much! Hence my screen name skiingj. It’s the only sport I was any good at! Even met my wife skiing in France. I’m so jealous! I hope to be back on the slopes next year!

Pat – Nice weight loss!! Congrats!

Welcome Cindy and the other new folks!

Edited by skiingj

Thanks for posting that! I think I may give it a try.

YA PAt thats awesome weight loss right there!!! Im so happy for you... You rock!!

I will also like to take a look at the 18's YAY I think I am out of 20's already too... I am finally back into my normal weight TOM is over and bloating is done.. TMI sorry John lol.. But I weighed even 2 lbs down this AM so I am hoping to be a total of 40lbs lost by Tueday... We will see. lol...

Heather have fun Skiing thats something I have never done and is one of my 100 reasons for doing this!! YAY.. I cant wait to see pics!

At the Antioch WLS support group they passed out Kaisers 3 day/10lbs diet, any one do it before?

Can you post it Ash? I'd sure like to see that thing

DOH I found it - thanks Ash!!

Hey everyone - good morning - actually almost afternoon. I am working on trying to get my Water back up to the 64 oz. - I'm not drinking from that little 1 oz plastic cup anymore - just taking sips from my bottle. Seems to be working better and I am getting more in.

Reggie - I sent you a PM to get your address and the time again for Sat. - really want to meet you and see the rest of the gang. Need some band hugs and support!

Lee- I'm gona get that stuff you recomended too!

Tina- Yes it's from Kaiser, and yest back on your "normal" diet for the 4 days after. It says 10 lbs, and can be done for up to 4 weeks. I'm starting it Thursday also.

Pam- I'm not sure, but it was handed out at the Antioch WLS support group. The way it works is it's very low-calorie diet.

Nicolie- the paper says up to 10lbs. :thumbup:

Edited by mama_ash
Grammer LOL!

I'm thinking the diet plan is for pre-op patients as our pouches can't hold that much at one time - I can only get one hot dog down and it takes at least 20 minutes of tiny bites - but I wish I could use it. I honestly think it was easier to lose weight before surgery - I rarely eat over 1000 calories a day and still don't lose. I think I have lost inches though as a couple of people lately have asked if I have lost more weight as I look like it - I tell them no but that I have been going to the gym. I did 15 min on the bike and 25 min on the elliptical last night - I wasn't sure I was going to do anything as I had a horribly stressful day at work and had a sore throat. But my boys wanted to go so off we went and I ended up working out anyway. I felt like I was going to pass out when we were walking to the car - I guess I should eat before we go next time. duh.