Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Ok here is the latest...

I called Kaiser, and they will not alow me to buy double coverage insurance :( So my deductable is going to be $3000. My youngest might not need tubes after all since his speach is good despite a slight hearing loss and he has not had an infection since Sept. So I don't think I will have to pay for that.

So I did my taxes faster then I thought I was gona.... The hubby and I uselly split the refund in half for me and him. But I need to ask him if he wouldn't mind me using SOME of his for my $3000 deductable...

I will let you all know how that conversation goes... In the meantime I need to kick my weight loss up a notch... this AM I was 236.5 so 11.5 lbs to go. At the Antioch WLS support group they passed out Kaisers 3 day/10lbs diet, any one do it before?

Mo- call me or text me when ever you can hun.. I'm going with you so just tell me what time and where I need to meet you.

Ash, I'm so happy to read that your son may not need the tubes. That really rocks. I hope your hubby gives you that money for your co-pay. Step it up and get inline for the surgery so that you'll be ready when all your financial ducks are in a row.

Maria, you'll be in Onederland before you know it. Drag Mo along with you, or vice versa.

Tamra, I'm so proud of you, planning your future career and taking the steps to get there.

Ash, what's the three day diet? I could lose a few before surgery.

John, Dr. Park said they try to get us into private rooms but it's winter and everyone is sick so they may be doubling up people. Let's try to get rooms next to each other so we can walk the halls together. How much do you weigh and how much do you want to lose? Men lose so darn much faster. I'll be hating you every pound of the way but I'll race you anyhow.

Riley, you're a crack up, only one good stomach flu from Onederland for Mo.

So anyone going to the meeting tomorrow night? I'm going. It's my last pre-op meeting. Heck, the next meeting me and John will be locked up at Kaiser. I bet they won't let us drag our IV poles and bare butts to the meeting and I bet we wouldn't want to!

Hello Everyone!

Candra – Thanks for the PM. I sent one back. You are so kind!

Ash – Good idea! I wish you the best!

Lee- I doubt that you are old enough to be my Mom, I wouldn’t even think you are even close. I have no plans to be in the hospital two nights. I already tried to convince Dr. Who to let me leave the same day.

Sounds like a party at the hospital! Everyone is welcome! I don’t mind sharing a room with you but I doubt they would let us. I will PM you my last name so you can find me and ask to be either roomed or in the next room.

John, I'm definitely old enough to be yo' mama. My son turned 36 last week and I was well into my 20's before I had him. :(

Got your PM.

Dr. Park said that they need to be sure we can hydrate before we go home. You may be stuck there for a night.

Edited by Bella K.

Lee & anyone else who wants the 3 day Kaiser diet:

Day 1:

Breakfast-

1/2 Grapefuit or juice

1 Slice of Toast-NO Butter

1 tbsp. Peanut Butter

Lunch-

1/2 cup tuna

1 Slice Toast-NO Butter

Black coffee or Tea

Dinner-

2 Slices (3 oz.) of any meat

1 cup String Beans

1 cup Beets

1 small Apple

1 cup vanilla Ice Cream

Day 2:

Breakfast-

1 hard-boiled Egg

1 Slice of Toast-NO Butter

1/2 banana

Lunch-

1 cup Cottage cheese

5 Saltine Crackers

Dinner-

2 Hot dogs

1 cup Broccoli

1/2 cup Carrots

1/2 Banana

1/2 cup Vanilla Ice Cream

Day 3:

Breakfast-

1 hard-boiled Egg

1 Slice Toast-NO Butter

Lunch-

1 Slice Cheddar Cheese (1 oz)

5 Saltine Crackers

1 small Apple

Dinner-

1 cup Tuna

1 cup Beets

1 cup Cauliflower

1/2 cup Cantaloupe

1/2 cup Vanilla Ice Cream

Besides Water the only other drinks allowed are black coffe or tea. The Vanilla Ice Cream should be suggar free, low sodium crackers, low fat cotage cheese, low fater turkey hot dogs, and tuna in water not oil. And only salt and pepper to tast.

After the 3 days you do the normal 1200 calorie diet for the remainder 4 days of the "diet week".

I got this from Kaiser.

John, I'm definitely old enough to be yo' mama. My son turned 36 last week and I was well into my 20's before I had him. :(

Got your PM.

Dr. Park said that they need to be sure we can hydrate before we go home. You may be stuck there for a night.

Wow, you look much younger! Yes one night but I hope no more. Looking forward to our hospital party!

Lee - Robin said in our class they recently added B-12 to the Sleeve Vitamins. I just received some from Amazon; Source Naturals but they say 1 mg. Didn't Robin say 500 mg a day? I just had three under my tongue and boy do they take awhile to dissolve. It’s a bit uncomfortable can’t imagine 500 a day! Holy cow! What did you get?

Hi all,

So can I go ahead and have my mashed potatoes for Breakfast or should I wait till Robin calls me in the AM???

Thanks Maria... Im not scared yet hehehehe. Im sure I will be nervous the day before or this weekend.. Everytime I think about it I get excited!! Im so ready!!!

I am finally back down from my TOM thank goodness!!! WEnt to the gym tonight and actually ran hahaha... 8 mins YAY... I am gettin my mojo back lol...Got my card in the mail today for radiology appointment at 11:30.. YAY

Ash, did they say how much you are supposed to lose on that meal plan..DOesnt sound too yummy...but hey if it works..... Im glad to hear your still rockin and on track....!!!

Lee and JOhn, Im so glad you guys are doin this together YAY... :(

So who is going on Saturday???? I am super duper excited!!!

WEll im gunna finsih AI and then take a shower and go to bed!!! Have a great night all...

Hi everyone - boy you don't log on for a day and there are 3 friggin pages to catch up on! Welcome to our newest members.

So I listened to Liz and didn't weight myself until a week from my surgery and WOOHOO I've lost 5.8 lbs in a week!!!

Also am officially back in my size 16s, so I'm bringing the 18/20s with me Saturday. Almost at 43 lbs total - I may even update my ticker without waiting for a Kaiser weigh, I am so pumped! I about did myself in yesterday (reason I didn't post) - went for a 75 minute walk at the wetlands - wiped me out! Today I did 50 minutes and that was much better.

Tamra - Congrats on passing your test and being able to start your program. I'm proud of you. You rock. I can't remember who said Robin said not to advance for 2 more days after her call, but if she does that to me I'll die. I feel like I am ready to advance right now. The 3 half cups of soup/yogurt a day are NOT cutting it!!!

Tamra or any of the Vets - is it cheating if you also drink broth in between the 3 meals on Stage II? The binder says Water or other Clear Liquids so I thought it might be OK. I am finding I am really hungry in the afternoon and the broth helps tie me over until dinner.< /p>

Candra - glad you are having good results with Rambo - it is interesting how you find it varies from day to day.

Riley - good to hear from you - I was getting worried. I went to James and Sherry's tonight but support group wasn't tonight so I obviously have my Tuesdays mixed up. I'll see you tomorrow at the EE class.

John and Lee - you both are making me laugh - roomates!

CoCo - glad no bun in the oven - how are you doing - are you sleeping OK/got the gitters?

Jes - sorry to hear you are struggling - sounds like you are still trying to make good choices. Are you coming Sat. to Reggies?

Pat ~ I drink the broth in between meals still, since it says clear liquids. It helps keep me full also.

Thanks for the congrads!! SAVE ME SOME 18s!!!!!! ;( I wont be there Saturday