Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New member confused

Guest Denise R. Bass

Guest Denise R. Bass

bandsters having surgery by Dr. Joya

Thinking of having the lap band surgery in Mexico. Mainly because of insurance not covering costs in Wisconsin. Anyone out there had surgery done by Dr. Joya? What about having fills done in the US later on. Thanks

Hi Denise, Sorry no one has responded to you yet -- I can't help you, but can suggest visiting the mexican bandsters group at yahoo.com

Good luck.

Elizabeth

Guest Denise R. Bass

Hi,

I tried to go to yahoo and find bandsters in Mexico but it tells me this is an illegal entry and won't let me search in any areas such as bansters in Mexico or lap band surgery in Mexico. I must be doing something wrong in my search. Will try again. Thanks

Hi --

Go to yahoo.com and then click on "groups" (I think) and then search for Mexican Bandsters where it says "search." You'll have to join the group to read the messages, but that's no big deal.

Hope that works.

Elizabeth

Hello Denny

I assume you prefer Denny over Denise since that's how you sign your posts. I have had lap band surgery, but was fortunate/unfortunate enough to have BMI high enough to qualify for insurance. HOWEVER my wife does not qualify for insurance and is looking at having Dr Ortiz in Tijuana perform her surgery. I've used YahooGroups and looked at MexicanBandsters, but really can't find all the info that I need. My wife is somewhat skeptical about having surgery in Mexico. What I've started to do is to look at people who have had surgery from specific Doctors and then write them personal emails. I want to have some very pointed comments on quality, cleanliness, professionalism, etc etc. My wife has tentatively chosen Dr Ortiz because he proctored the Doctor that performed my surgery. If you are interested Dr. Ortiz's web site is obesitycontrolcenter.com

If you click on "search" at the top of the page and type in "Joya" it will bring up all the posts that contain that name. Maybe you'll find someone that way and you can private message or Email them.

Guest fairyalison77

Hi!!! I´m new to this site and I went to Tijuana, Mexico to get the surgery because the insurance didn´t cover it as well. A friend from a friend recommended dr. sergio verboonen and I´m really happy with my choice. You should wisit his web page is..

www.obesitygoodbye.com

The take care of your transportation needs, the book the hotel and all the hospital fees, they have a package and it´s not that expensive. They also connect you with a financial institution that can finance the surgery. I know it´s very difficult to make a desicion, and mostly to find a good doctor in Mexico. If you have any questions please feel free to ask because I want to get to know more people with similar experiences. Have a very beautiful day!!!