Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Good evening, Violets..

I sure felt much better today. I had a two hour flute rehearsal and then Ethan arrived. His dad picked him up about an hour after he got here so I had all afternoon to myself. Bob and I went in and sorted out the choir robes and got them all organized. Now if I can just get them to put their robes back in the right place, we'll be in business. Rehearsal tonight was excellent. Only a few more weeks of choir and then I'm off for the summer. Tomorrow Ethan is here 8-4 and Bob leaves for out of town at 2 until Saturday evening. Wonder if I'll get anything done while I'm on my own.

Jane..thanks for the article about Pasties. Bob's grandpa was a miner in the U.P. and took pasties into the mine with him for his lunch, so they are a re and Pamela..kudos to you on the exercise!!

Suzie.. we're on the list to have our pool open soon. The hot tub coded again. They have to call the manufacturer cause they've never had this problem before that they couldn't fix. Great.

Off to watch CSI:NY and then bed. Everyone have a great night. sleep well

Home from working at the hospital. It was a little on the slow side but it was still a good night.

This little part time job that I have looks like it will be turning into a full time job. One of the girls at the south store is doing her internship and needs to take time off, so Joyce and I decided to split her shift. She than called me later to tell me that she is putting in her 2 weeks notice. Oh great. And one of the other girls is getting married and it looks like she will be moving away. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. Then Joyce called today to tell us that she is leaving town for a few days, seems her Uncle is dying and she has to go. Friday I will be covering her shift and Amy's shift. Yummy, a double shift for me. Can't hardly wait.

Eating got a little out of control today but still hanging in there.

Have a good evening.

Susie, take it easy!

Michelle, we have had very little sunshine here the past few weeks. It makes you sort of down with no sun.

I am tired and going to get in bed early!!

Jane

By the way, no drinking with food, and I will give myself 3/4 of a star for the one cup and the good food choices for a total of 2 1/2 stars!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Janie :D :wub: :wub:

Hi Girlz - sorry to be AWOL... I've been spending my time online trying to find a dang place to stay in Estes Park for just one night! Everything is a 3 night minimum! I think I may have found one though it took me all day on the 'puter to find it! My eyes are shot! So my patio renovation turned into a Colorado vacation instead -- cheaper anyway -- and I'll be so happy to get back there. AND I get to visit another part of Colorado I haven't seen yet -- Rocky Mountain National Park. I need to get a map with stick pins in it! I've been more places in Colorado than I have in Texas! Of course, there's LOTS more to see there!

I am sooooooo tired and heading for bed. I didn't sleep worth a dang last night. I'm gonna crank the A/C down and sleep dammit! I'm already so tired of being hot! The weather here has been AWFUL this week! Soooooooooo humid and hot -- just like July already!

I have a fun weekend planned - can't wait!! A group of 4 couples are going to a friend's ranch about an hour away. We'll sit on the porch, eat BBQ, drink beer, wine and Bellinis (my new fave), play horseshoes and washers, and maybe do a little fishin'. That'll be a nice break. I'd take Hero but he might just get distracted by all the good smells and run away! ... or get kicked by a cow... so it's a shame he can't go. He'd have a blast.

Jenn - remind me to take bug spray!!!!

Hey Girls~

I've been way deep into my book...sooo lovin' it! Susanne got her hair done and I've got a new girlfriend! She went dark and looks great! I'll take some pix soon!

Rob and Charles came by to discuss the party! The gardeners were here trimming my trees (only half done and took 4 hours). Anywho...we planned and talked about the party! I gave them a check for $750 and the rest is up to them. Catered, open bar...woohoo! Michelle and Haydee...hope you are ready to par-tay!

Well, off to relax. It is after 8 and the gardeners just left, and Susanne just got home. Have a great night!

xoxooxox

Catered, open bar...woohoo! Michelle and Haydee...hope you are ready to par-tay!

You have NO idea!! I've already dubbed it my "Lost Weekend"! :thumbsup: What happens in Cali, stays in Cali!! I'm so ready for a free-spirited Pammie weekend I can't stand it!!! 3 weeks!!!!!

Good Morning Vi's~~

Thinking about the Cali trip is a GREAT way to start the day!! :thumbsup:

Today I have loads of baking & cooking to do... + plant sale pick-up + my mom arrives + the PTA scholarship meeting + the PTA Bake Sale (gotta remember to get the cash box, change & ice down the waters!) + the PTA meeting + the Chorus concert... then I can come home & crash!!

Phew! Then more of the same tomorrow!!

I keep telling myself that this is the last worst (as in crazy busy all over the place) week of PTA of my life -- I hope it's true!!

Make it a good one, dearies!

Good morning violets~

Happy Thursday!

Don't know if I will go to the gym today. I may just let me muscles heal (come out of shock). I have an appt at 9 AM tomorrow with my trainer. I know that dh really wants to go and at least do some cardio, so who knows, I'll probably go too. We'll see. You know what sounds wonderful is the whirlpool...hmmmm....what to do?!

Terry-that sounds like a wonderful weekend you have planned! Right up my alley!

Judy-that sucks about your hot tub. Hope you can get it fixed really soon! I am glad you are feeling better.

Jane-did you decide how you will reward yourself for the stars?

Laura-did you hear the tornado when it went by you? OMG I would have sh*t!! How scarey!

Haydee-do you have any ladies that work at the bubbles here on Fairmont? If so, fire her and hire me :thumbsup: j/k

Jenn-hope you got a great nights sleep. When should you find out about you job? Hopefully soon and it doesn't drag out, ya know?

Michelle-if I don't go to the gym today I will just think about how busy you are and that right there will wear me out! End of school is right around the corner!

Pamela-I wish someone could sneak me in their suitcase and bring me to cali :grouphug: I WANNA GO!!!!!!

Suzanne-how long do you think it will be before you can use your pool? I would be dying to jump in!

Kat-you ok? What do you have planned for the weekend? Anything fun?

OK, need to get off here and get macy ready for school. Have a fantastic day friends. Respect the pouch!

Hi Ladies~

Terry, I LOVE Colorado! I went to Vail in my youth for 2 weeks with my friend to stay at their "extra place". We were 17 (she was 18) and we were WITHOUT parents! Met really cute boys from Stanford and we had funfunfun, but that is a story for another time. AAAHHHH youth!

Busy day here. Work, then going to the school play, then getting a fill! Coming home to the gardener hopefully finishing his job.

Everyone have a great day!

xxooxox

Up and trying to get ready to go. Slow moving today.

Today is our monthly Family Breakfast at Cracker Barrell. This will be the first one since Kathy has passed away. I called Bob the other night to remind him but he didn't answer. I left a message though. Hopefully one of the boys took him to the ballgame.

Then I go to get my haircut. I really need one bad. I'm free for the rest of the day till I have my Women's Ministry meeting tonight. I have to go, I'm bringing the guest speaker. She is a girl that works out at Curves. She is a member of the "Linus Project". They make quilts to hand out to sick kids at the hospitals. She's going to talk about it and bring quilts for us to see. I'm looking forward to it.

Terry, your trip sounds great and your weekend sounds like I need to be there. I was getting jealous just reading about it. Have a great time.

Today is CTCD and I just don't feel like doing that. But I am. I have a Doc appointment Monday so I really need to kick my butt and keep it straight.

Have a great day.

Well when any of you get an urge for southern Co-----you can come stay with me in northern NM--I am only 6 minutes from the border!!!

We could go to Durango, and Silverton, and Ouray---they call it mini Switzerland! They have incredible jeep trips up the 14,000 foot mountains!! And there and Pagosa Springs, have tons of natural mineral spring spas.....

And always let me know when you are in CO-----I can drive!

Yesterday, I have no idea why, but I could eat anything and everything I tried, and I tried a lot!!!

Going to try to behave today.

Today is a slow day at work, so I can get lots done in the lab. I have things needing to be done, so being slow today will be a blessing. Tomorrow and Monday are both going to be chaotic, and to be honest I have not looked further than that!!

Pamela, wish I had some sage advice for your online student needing a swift kick....but I don't, so will just say good luck!!!

Judy, hope you are 100% again!

Jane, glad the parents celebration went well! Look forward to seeing pics. I figure you must have found something to wear!!

Suzanne, if you want to work full time, then do it, but if you don't.....let them know. There are lots of people out of work, they should be able to fill the opening quickly enough.

Laura, I agree, I would have been scared to death! I have been around many a warning, and even a couple of sightings, but never actually had one near me, in the way you are talking!!! I keep seeing them tie themselves down in the movie Twister, and see you!!!

Tracy---------Yay You!!! Working out is going to make such a difference. You girls are so impressive!!!

I was mentioning our get together to my SIL and she was shocked I was going. She ask me "you are going to go and let them see how much weight you gained?" I told her y'all didn't care, unless I did, and right now I don't! She is really laying my weight on thick, because it has been 2 months since she has eaten anything that stayed down. She is still on liquids, and says they often make her want to throw up too. She is skinny---but she also looks about 70 unhealthy years old, and that is not jealousy talking. Sure I would love to get rid of the weight again, and I am .... slowly! But she lets her hair go silvery/yellowy/gray/white---has been for years-when she is healthy it is silvery gray and is kind of pretty, but when she doesn't eat it takes a yellow color----really amazed me how the hair and skin color respond to our overall well being. Her skin is pale and gray. And she is all wrinkles, her face, neck, arms, chest.....she looks to be her Moms sister, not daughter. And she was always fairly young looking. It is scaring me. I am afraid she has developed full blown bulemia----and everyone is blaming the band for her not eating, I think the issue is in her head at this point.

I don't know.....but she thinks I should hide at home, so I don't shame y'all!! yeah right!

Going to go find something HEALTHY for breakfast....if I have anything!!!

XOXOXOX

Ha Kat~ what a mean person. I hate mean people. Your SIL is superficial and has no idea of what REAL FRIENDS we all are. We dont give a hoot what size we are...as long as you share the tequilla, it is ALL good w/ us!:thumbsup: I AM GLAD YOU ARE GOING...AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!

Uh oh... share the tequilla??? I'm outta da club.:thumbsup:

Ethan is here and it's raining so it's a dreay day and instead of working outside like I planned, I'll be inside all day doing laundry and general cleaning. Bob leaves at 2 and Ethan at 4 and then it's just me until late Saturday night. I have a Lap Band support group meeting at 10 Saturday morning and then some hospital screening tests at 11:45. Then a mother's day gig to sing at in the evening. So even though I'll be by myself, I'll still be busy. I'm hoping for good weather tomorrow. Ethan goes to day care and I want to ride my trike. If not, I'll go to Kris's and get my Grady fix for the week.

Off to tackle laundry.

Everyone have a great day!