Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

LOL Yes Michelle, my home is fine. In fact with all my spare time, I wrote a letter to the home owner's association about the few incidents we've been having and how disappointed I am blah blah..they said they have cops patrol the area and will have them increase it, a cop lives in the neighborhood, blah blah.. I honestly wonder if the flag being broken off our mailbox was the angry crazy lady from Craigslist with the coffee tables (I told ya'll about). Our flag is the only one broken off, and she's the only person I've pissed off (we're pretty reclusive).

Watching tornadoes again today, it's been like this for days, the sirens are going off all the time so it's hard to tell when to be concerned. Luckily, nothing has come this way except bad storms...a river has formed behind our back fence between our fence and the crop field back there.

Fed and changed Carson at 7 and he has been awake and looking around (happily) since (it's almost 9 now). Housecleaning company is coming by at 10:30 to give us a quote..

Hope ya'll have a good day, I'm down to 252lb.. 40lb to go to get back to pre-preg weight!!

CAN I COMPLAIN???

There is a student in my online class that is buggin' the beejeebers out of me! Calss started MONDAY and I've had 3 phone conversations with her, as well as 10,000 emails (not really but you get it). I AM TRYING TO BE SUPPORTIVE BUT REALLY...SHE IS A FREAKIN' IDIOT! Last night, as American Idol is starting, she calls me and I have to go through the process of setting up folders on her desk top to house and organize the information for her. She whines and complains...then cuts me off. Then she asked about a rubric and I explained WHERE IT IS, and that she needs two citations/references minimum for an A on her discussion post. Then I get an email now that says, "it says students MAY use citations" she continues, "I don't want to be picky but..." AAAAAAHHHHHH ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??? I can not explain my blood pressure on this one. I wrote back, "just do what I instructed you to do last night!" I CAN NOT SPEAK. I had a 30 min convo w/ her on sat to help her NAVIGATE through the classroom. Mind you, class started Monday!!! Her name is MB...but right now MF is more like it!

sorry for the rant...i am smokin' pisssssed now!

mother clucker, i'd be pissed too pamela!

Judy - i'm glad you feel better...no cases of the flu up by you?

Is anyone even worried about this?? I see the news going crazy about this but in everyday life I see no one is concerned. We just go about our business as usual. We are being more careful about hand washing but that's about it...

I finally drank coffee yesterday to get my fish unstuck. But the rest of the day I still felt sore so I couldn't eat anything. I was on the phone with one of juan's aunts and told her about it and she told me she would make me some hot Soup to make me feel better. Well she literally made it HOT. Like super duper spicy hot. I took one sip and my nose just started burning, I started crying and choking at the same time. She added one serrano pepper to the soup to give it flavor and didn't think it would make that spicy but wholy moley. So I spooned some sour cream in my mouth to make it stop hurting and that helped alot. So again, I didn't eat. I went home and started picking up because my cleaning people come today and finally decided to have a bowl of Cereal. Surprisingly that went down just fine. I thought I was gonna struggle with my cherrios but luckily I didn't. So today I'm starving!

I'm so ready for the weekend. Saturday I don't have anything scheduled but Sunday will be busy busy busy.

I'm gonna go get some coffee...

CAN I COMPLAIN???

There is a student in my online class that is buggin' the beejeebers out of me! Calss started MONDAY and I've had 3 phone conversations with her, as well as 10,000 emails (not really but you get it). I AM TRYING TO BE SUPPORTIVE BUT REALLY...SHE IS A FREAKIN' IDIOT! Last night, as American Idol is starting, she calls me and I have to go through the process of setting up folders on her desk top to house and organize the information for her. She whines and complains...then cuts me off. Then she asked about a rubric and I explained WHERE IT IS, and that she needs two citations/references minimum for an A on her discussion post. Then I get an email now that says, "it says students MAY use citations" she continues, "I don't want to be picky but..." AAAAAAHHHHHH ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??? I can not explain my blood pressure on this one. I wrote back, "just do what I instructed you to do last night!" I CAN NOT SPEAK. I had a 30 min convo w/ her on sat to help her NAVIGATE through the classroom. Mind you, class started Monday!!! Her name is MB...but right now MF is more like it!

sorry for the rant...i am smokin' pisssssed now!

I can't help but laugh (although that doesn't mean I don't feel your pain) . . . some people don't have a clue and there are definitely those who should never consider an online class. Really, when it comes down to it, you don't HAVE to do anything in a class, you just fail instead, lol.

I guess the worst part is that students that are arguing rubrics and contacting you constantly at the beginning are likely to be a pain later and will probably argue grades all along the way.

It sounds like she is well on her way to an A :cool2:

HAHA Heather! You kinda read my mind. But I am going to make her earn her A, just like I do everyone else. Usually, in the beginning, I have to issue B's and C's, with tons of feedback. I usually find that by the 3rd or 4th week, they get their s&^t together and earn their A's. I am fair...but I am not holding her hand anymore.

Thank goodness I am only teaching these 8 weeks, then taking time off during the summer. Normally I teach the 16 weeks, but in 9 weeks she becomes someone else's problem.

Is that an online class Pam?

Haydee, about the flu.. the media is really hyping it, if you look at statistics, millions die every year from the 'normal' flu, and we are NO WHERE NEAR those numbers with this flu. It's not any worse. I think the media just found a way to get attention off the economy.

That being said, if you're elderly, baby, or have immune deficiency problems (sickly in general) you have reason to worry-you have reason to worry with ANY flu.

I am scared because it's here in our town; I got the flu shot to protect me & Carson, but it does not protect against this flu, which is why I worry. If I didn't have Carson, I wouldn't even be thinking about the flu.. and none of you guys should either, IF you get it-- you'll be fine, you'll just have the flu for a few days.

Haydee, about the flu.. the media is really hyping it, if you look at statistics, millions die every year from the 'normal' flu, and we are NO WHERE NEAR those numbers with this flu. It's not any worse. I think the media just found a way to get attention off the economy.

That being said, if you're elderly, baby, or have immune deficiency problems (sickly in general) you have reason to worry-you have reason to worry with ANY flu.

Exactly what my DSIL, the P.A. said.

Hi folks!

Loved my time at the gym today. We did cardio & upper body. My legs are still achy but alot better than they were before.

My trainer was late so he let today be a freebie :cool2: Pretty cool since they are so expensive!

I will bbl....gonna rest my eyes for a while...i have a tiny headache so hopefully a power nap will get rid of it!

Way to go Laura! :cool2: You will be back to your pre-pregnancy weight before ya know it!

Tornado came across the road by our house,knocking down billboards and power lines...so my power has been out since 9am.. aaaargh. I am at my parents house, their power isn't down.. but it's a pain in the butt packing evreything up to come here, and Carson doesn't like the bed here as much so I keep having to hold him while I work.

Arrrrgggghhhh..

Took sis to the Dentist, they said be there at 10am. Got there and ended up waiting till 11:45 before they took us in the room. Holy crap. I than had to take her to the grocery store and than home.

Now I don't have time for a quick nap before we have to go do our shift at the hospital.

Be back tonight.

hi gals

just wanted to check in

I'm beat today and antibiotics are kicking my butt on top of it all...i'm going to bed early tonight and hope to sleep all night

Pamela, I took online classes and hated to bother my instructor... I would ask questions, but that is crazy...

Laura, I saw pics on Facebook, he is so cute! I'm so happy for you... motherhood is a great thing

Terry - I am sure you will enjoy the mountains....

Tracyk - go you... when i am not working or home working in 3 weeks, i'm going to start walking again, i just can't do it now, i just got in from a property walk and my legs hurt so badly... oh... long overdue for tylenol... that might help

hi everyone...

Judy, feel better!

Where is TracyinKS? i didn't see anything from her when i was trying to catch up

Kat how is the job?

Well today is over and I didn't take my camera, the battery was dead. Some other people had cameras, so I will try to get one and then try to get it posted here.

I am so tired right now. I don't want to go to work. I for some reason couldn't sleep last night. Then I got up early this am. I shouldn't complain because it has been so slow up til now.

So off to work I go.............

Whew!

Career Day was fun, but long! You'd think I'd LIKE talking about myself for 2 hours... but the same thing 4 times got to be a bit much! It went well, I had fun with it, applied it to what they use in class, yadda yadda... dd said that when they all got back to their regular class they discussed the presentations and all the kids said that I was funny, and then she asked, "Did you MEAN to be funny?" Uh, Yes! But supposedly I wasn't the favorite, who was the mom who played popular dance music to "get their energy flowing"... I'm not sure what her job is -- I thought she worked for the library!! LOL!!

The sun actually shone here for a few hours today... but it is now raining again... it's been a whole week of rain already!... Now it's starting to flood... bleh.

Time for soccer practice (I keep hoping the phone will ring & they'll cancel it as it's raining, yeah, right...)... then cleaning & baking!

Where is TracyinKS? i didn't see anything from her when i was trying to catch up

She abandoned us like a litter of unwanted kittens. :thumbup: :D :thumbup: