Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Good morning girls~

Sitting here waiting for Kinsey to wake up so I can make a bank run, and get a couple of things done.

Sizes are so goofy---I swear I have everything from a size 8 to a size 14 in my closet that I wear with regularity. Depends on who makes it, what the rise of the pants is etc.

The way I am eating it is going to be the bigger pants coming out! It is HORRIBLE! I have not felt this feeling in over 2 years, where all I think about is food. So far I am controlling the portion size, I need to work on the frequency issue tho.

I woke up to a huge hive break out under my right eye...I look like I am still married to my ex. Looks like someone took a swing at me and connected. I also have a big batch on my right ankle, that I am really trying to ignore, but just caught myself rubbing them on the desk chair legs...But I am down to sporadic, breakouts of 2-3 places being inflamed at a time. Idiopathic.....yep, some of them really make me look idiotic!

Manda come in this morning and took one look at Kinsey's star for her head and burst into tears. She is part of the planning committee for their big company party which is Saturday night--the same night of Kinsey's play at church. She is heartbroke. And she works in Colorado, so the party is going to be in Durango, so would be a 40 minute drive with clear roads---and the Colorado end is snowy....so she is simply going to miss it. They are doing for the church in the next town over on Sunday morning, so she is going to go there and see it. But it is making her party very unappealling. She already said if there were not so many people counting on her, she would skip the party herself. When I told my Mom she said there are lots of parents with clashing schedules that night, and she thinks that is partly why they are reprising it for the Bloomfield church on Sunday. I plan on video taping it for her.

Denise, I too am sorry for your DD's loss with the miscarriage. It is a difficult loss to deal with, as so many do not understand the pain involved. My heart goes out to all of you involved.

Judy, that's a lot of snow!!! We were supposed to get some this morning, but the sun is a shinin'! So we will see!

Well I hear the little gal a stirring, so I am going to go make her oatmeal so she can eat, and we can get going.

Will check in with all of you later!

Kat

Here's how deep the snow is right now. It's still snowing and we're supposed to get up to 6 more inches today. Northern Michigan, anyone?????

oh no Judy... I'm going to Buffalo on Friday so you have to keep that... lol

Laura - i've done that. offered to help and then that person comes to me everytime it needs to be done now. Learned my lesson!

You know, I re-read my post above and had to sit back and think about what I said. I remember being in TIGHT TIGHT size 28 pants and just praying to God to help me just get down to a size 18 because those I could find in regular stores. Here I am now in a size 18 and bitching about it. I've come a long way and I'm not stopping but I seriously need to stop beating myself up about it...

Haydee

I feel the exact same way lately, i'm not happy with a 16 but when i was shopping last night looking at the 16 thinking it was way too big... I remember looking at a 24 thinking I can't possibly be that huge! I should be so poud of myself too!

I bought my first 16's for our trip in May so it has been a long time, but it is super nice for the bloat and gas to be going away!

Now if they can just fix me i'll be good. LOL

Ok they can fix me after the holidays and i won't eat too much :)

Well I've been going over baby names with Russell a lot lately, since I find out boy or girl on Thursday.. if I keep asking him about a certain gender he's going to catch on, and I don't feel like playing both sides to keep him guessing.. rather have it decided ahead of time.

So for boy, it's definitely Carson. Not sure middle name.. but not too concerned, we've had several options and any will work.

For girl, we finally narrowed it down to.. Natalie, Claire, Rebecca, Rachel, and maybe Brianna (he actually came up with this one.. which is an odd name to me, and he thinks EMMA is 'out there'..I've never met a Brianna).

I am TRYING TRYING .........

I did slip and have HALF a choco chip bagel!!!!! Can you believe that I DID NOT PB on a freaking bagel???? Thank the lord I had the strength to throw the fat half in the trash! So I count that as a small victory.

I've had two glasses of Water so far and getting ready for my third as an effort to wash the evil bagel out of my system!

I must prepare for LC at work tomorrow! I have pretty much NOTHING quick and easy and LC...

I too do the ... I will be happy just to be under 200 dance..... the size 12 goal...... now getting p.o.'d when the 12's AREN'T LOOSE..... it is amazing that 10 pounds 174-184 makes such a huge difference in clothes...

OK.. going to refill the infamous pink glass

Good afternoon, Violets..

I'm back from the luncheon. I ordered the Applebee's boneless chicken wings. Ate about 3 and boxed up the rest to go home. Got here and decided to snowblow the driveway. The Bobster got back from his meeting and was finishing up lunch so I went out and did it. I really do enjoy doing it, but man, do we have a lot of snow and it's still snowing!!! Everything is cancelled for tonight. We're going to the mall in a bit. I decided to not go by myself because of the roads. I picked up an Applebee's gift card while I was there so that's another present taken care of.

PamELa.. got your card today. Thanks for the friendship token. It's in my pocket right now.

My Violet should be getting her Secret Santa gifts on Thursday. Wonder whoooooo it is????? hehehe

Laura.. I really like the name Carson and for a girl I vote for Rebecca. I remember a little girl I had in Kindergarten named Rebecca.. Becky. She had red hair and wore purple overalls and was crying cause she came about a week after everyone else did. I took her to the rocking chair and rocked her til she was feeling better and she turned out to be one of my favorite students. I had her son Patrick in Kindergarten about 5 years ago. Sighhhhhhhhh time just flies.

Anyway... Rebecca is a beautiful name. I have had several Briannas, and a Rachel, but never a Natalie or Claire, though those are nice names too. I'm just partial to Rebecca because of that little girl.

Guess it was snowing harder than I thought. I didn't wear a hat and Water keeps dripping off my head. I don't even want to look at what my hair looks like!!!

Off to the mall. BBL........

And just to clarify... if you ask a teacher what names are their favorites, you'll get answers based on what students they have had!!! No way would I name a child Cody after the Cody I had as a student!!!!!!

The doc visit didn't go as badly as I thought it might... maybe SHE's on happy pills? ?... I did tell her about my hip & she thinks it's probably arthritis or sciatic nerve... she sent me for x-rays + blood work... the whole thing took nearly 2 hours!

After that I did a little shopping for my Sis... she can't find the Guitar Hero World Tour bundle for XBox 360 near her... I found it @ the 2nd place I went so nabbed it for her... now I need to get it to her so I can get my $200 back & spend it on my own gifts to give!!

Laura... I'm sure it won't come as a surprise that I'm partial to "Claire", as that's my dd's name... but I'll tell you this little tale... when I was pg w/her, a woman I worked with sometimes (so I didn't know her real well) asked me what names we were thinking of, & I told her "Claire" and she said "oh I've been told that Claire's are all "spirited" "fiesty" girls"... that didn't deter me... but it HAS proven true! So be warned! :) My Claire is also kind, caring of animals and people, smart as a whip, has a photographic memory, is a bit clutsy, dramatic, beautiful, creative... I wouldn't trade her for the world!

LOL Judy!

I LOVE the name Claire!! 2nd is Rebecca. Not crazy about Natalie ('cause of a snob I knew).

Oh wait!! She didn't ask us!!!?!! LOL Nevermind!

LOL ya'll sound like my mom. She hates this woman who married one of my dad's old partners.. Becky. She said if I name my kid Rebecca (which Russ & I like), they will be called Becky.. All the Rebeccas I ever knew were really 'cool' girls, and none of them went by Becky.. they were Becca or Rebecca. So I told her it depends on the nickname we would call her, and I don't plan to say Becky. Rebecca is the front runner right now, just because it's a name we both really liked. He threw out Claire today and it's one I had thought of, but didn't think too much about it.. but the more I say it, the more I like it (mom said she doesn't like this one either). She is having a fit with how difficult Russell is being.. she likes all of the original names I came up with (like Isabella-Izzy).

Natalie is a new one he threw out too, a name I never thought about because I've never known a Natalie, but I don't dislike it.

Makes me think of the singer Natalie Ambruglia(sp).

I doubt Brianna will stay in the running, I keep saying it, and it never sounds like a normal name to me.

Hah as much as I love my violets, Violet makes me think of the Willie Wonka girl.. it's not a name I would want for my kid!

I was surprised to see Violet is in the top 100 popular names for 2007, again never met a Violet.

Back from the mall. Holy crap, that was a lot of money!!! I got picture mugs for the 3 ladies in the flute quartet. I had them put the picture on and then I gave them a graphic that had a little chick and some musical notes and said Wind Song Chicks. The pic was of us with our yellow boas holding rubber chickens and our flutes. I thought it was a cute idea, but $75.00 later I'm thinking just a picture in a frame would have been easier!! Oh well, I got them each an exotic hot chocolate and will give them the gift tomorrow at rehearsal.

Bob just got done snowblowing the drive.. again!! I just can't believe we are getting this much snow this early. It's not even winter yet!!

Tracy... I'm pretty sure Violet is going to be the middle name. Carson Violet Barlow. Has a nice ring, doesn't it??

TracyK... where the heck are ya??????

Hah as much as I love my violets, Violet makes me think of the Willie Wonka girl.. it's not a name I would want for my kid!

I was surprised to see Violet is in the top 100 popular names for 2007, again never met a Violet.

Excuse me... you met a ton... errrr a gaggle....errrrr a herd.........errrrrrr a big bouquet of us last year... member????